Forumlands I: INCONSISTENCIES ABOUND

Comments

• Shoot the other window out

Seems like the more interesting option. Kindly continue...

[Get up here you dumb robot!] “Curse this useless sense of morality!” I pulled myself to the edge of the train car, reaching down towa

• [Shoot the other window out.]

[Get up here you dumb robot!] “Curse this useless sense of morality!” I pulled myself to the edge of the train car, reaching down towa

• [Shoot the other window out.]

So... about my question from yesterday: Is it okay to submit another character?

• Sorry, I planned on responding to it but I just forgot about it. But yeah, you cab submit another character.

[Shoot the other window out.] So... about my question from yesterday: Is it okay to submit another character?

• edited September 2014

That's good news. The thing is, I had a nice idea a few days ago, so I already submitted another character before the thought crossed my mind that this might be handled differently than Humane. I'm glad that it's no problem :)

My other characters name is Minerva. You got her?

Sorry, I planned on responding to it but I just forgot about it. But yeah, you cab submit another character.

• super we voted

its been 2 days

whens the next part

• Yeah, just haven't added her yet for some reason.

That's good news. The thing is, I had a nice idea a few days ago, so I already submitted another character before the thought crossed my min

• Give me some time. I never promised I'd get a part out every day. It's pretty hard when I have a ton of other stuff to do.

Lord_EAA posted: »

super we voted its been 2 days whens the next part

• oh thank god you're still here

and no probs take as long as you need :)

i was making sure this was still active

Give me some time. I never promised I'd get a part out every day. It's pretty hard when I have a ton of other stuff to do.

• edited September 2014

Keep up with the good work! I put in Sophie and Bloodlust. You might ask, though, ''Why are you telling us that after the fanfic started?.
    I am new, aaaand, well... I had problems with e-mail verification!

Also, I forgot to explain that:

Bloodlust needs some help, a partner to help ease the pain of his lost wife (and kids), Sophie would close that wound, uh, would be appreciated if you did some romance between Sophie and him.

And I might just put more of my damn characters there!

• (!) Shoot the window, okay?

I pulled out the pistol, pointing it at the window, then pulled the trigger. The glass exploded and shattered, and I quickly crawled my way towards it, climbing in and falling on my back. "D-dammit."

I quickly sat up, my back creaking, and I looked around the train car, eyeing the survivors. The first that came up was the African-American man with the metal eyepatch. Then there was the woman from before, the one with the blonde hair just covering the side of her face. Then I saw cowboy smiley, my eyes finding Zane, the violent robot and then Blisterscope. Of course, Claptrap was in the train also. "Glad you could make it." Blisterscope said, just before the train car began rocking again. "Stop with the condolences. We need to figure a way out of here." The man with the metal eyepatch replied, and walked off to one of the jammed doors, attempting to pry it open with a very strange looking tool. It appeared to be a blowtorch, extracting from his wrist and beginning work on the door.

“Is that even what condolences means?” Zane asked, scratching his head. “Actually, I’m not really sure what condolences means.” He once again said, looking around the room. Soon, the robot piped up. “That is the correct use of condolences. Unfortunately for your incorrect use I must kill you with my sword.” A blade suddenly flung out of his hand, and he slowly began walking towards Zane. “LL-X86 was programmed to kill.” The robot continued on, until suddenly being blocked by the cowboy. “Hey, there is no reason to go about this, man!”

“I am a robot, I do not know emotion.”

“Aw sweet! This is going to be badass! If I only I had popcorn! Or were capable of eating at all!” Claptrap called from the back, as the smiling cowboy pulled out a shotgun and aimed it towards LL-X86. “I swear to God, back off.”

Around this time, after a brief moment of silence from Knuckledragger, a loud bang and then a dent formed in the side of the train. “Holy shit!” The blonde woman cried out, and was knocked back slightly, as a green aura appeared to surround her. However, the fight continued on. “Back off freak!”

“I enjoy killing.”

“What the hell is going on?!”

“Jesus jesus jesus jesus!”

“I don’t want to die!”

“Don’t make me bitchslap you!”

I looked around, seeing the eyepatch guy still at work on the door, while Blisterscope and the blonde woman were looking towards the dent in the train, and listening to Knuckledragger still pounding away at the train. Claptrap was urging the fight on, but he was useless anyways.

I needed to do something, and fast.

[Eyepatch! Help me with the fight! Blisterscope and blondie, deal with the bullymong!]

[Eyepatch! Deal with the fight! Blisterscope and blondie, help me with the bullymong!]

[Eyepatch! Keep working on the door! I’ll deal with the fight, Blisterscope and blondie will deal with the bullymong!]

[Eyepatch! Keep working on the door! Blisterscope and blondie, deal with the fight, I’ll fight Knuckledragger!]

• Man, I really love this crazy bunch of characters :D Especially Zane and LL-X86 are pure gold so far.

[Eyepatch! Keep working on the door! Blisterscope and blondie, deal with the fight, I’ll fight Knuckledragger!]

(!) Shoot the window, okay? I pulled out the pistol, pointing it at the window, then pulled the trigger. The glass exploded and shattered

• edited September 2014

Nice new title! :D

(!) Shoot the window, okay? I pulled out the pistol, pointing it at the window, then pulled the trigger. The glass exploded and shattered

• The Shepard

Oh crap, did my head hurt.

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

I was on a train.

And now I was inside this weird little crapshack.

Amazing.

I sat up, my head throbbing like crazy, but still able to stand, and sat down in what appeared to be a fireplace. I assumed it was a fireplace due to it being a hearth and the fact there was a warm, calming fire emitting from the hearth. It was strangely comfortable, despite the fact that I had just been thrown out of a train.

“Oh, you’re awake.” A voice echoed from the side of the room, and I turned my head, now gazing upon a rugged man with a beard and surprisingly, green hair. He was quite muscular, and had a black leather jacket on. “I’m Nixon Roosevelt. The others should be coming in soon.”

Exactly as Nixon said, four figures came walking in. One was a morbidly obese man, with glasses and he reeked of pork. The next was a pretty woman with brown hair strung up in a bun, and armor that appeared very familiar...eh, whatever. She also had a massive knife strapped to her hip, a scoped assault rifle on her back, and finally a quite loud scar on her left cheek. The next was a middle-aged man in extremely dark clothes, his features were unable to be seen. A hood was draped over his head, and he had a pistol in his hand. Finally, there was an extremely “pretty” man who was quite the hunk, almost as if he was a model.

Nixon pointed at the obese man first. “That’s Mr. Pork. You can guess where he got his name.”

“DID YOU CALL ME A PIG!?” Mr. Pork screamed. Nixon slowly backed up as bits of spittle flew from Pork’s mouth. “He kind of yells when he speaks. Like, I’m pretty sure that was his normal speaking voice.”

After that uncomfortable little notion, he pointed at the woman. “That’s Minerva. She’s quite the looker.”

Minerva narrowed her eyes at him. “That’s kind of degrading. And really thirsty.”

“MEN ARE PIGS!” Mr. Pork once again yelled out, and an awkward silence filled the room once more. “Okay. That’s Bloodlust.” Nixon said again, pointing at Bloodlust, who simply said nothing. Once again, silence flooded the room until Mr. Pork continued on. “THIS IS AWKWARD!”

“The last one is Bobby. He really hates women. Like, really.”

“My name is Bobbeh! I told ya it was Bobbeh!” Bobby exclaimed, crossing his arms and then glaring at Minerva.

“MEN ARE PIGS!” Mr. Pork ranted out once again, and Nixon cut him off. “Anyways, after the train blew up, I got up and dragged you guys in here before bullymongs ate you. That wouldn’t have been fun. For you guys, at least. I mean, the bullymongs would be pretty happy. Yeah, they sure would have liked it. Anyways, who are you?”

I looked at the man and gave a warm smile. “They call me The Shepard.”

This was when a booming voice came from outside, one that appeared to be from a megaphone. I looked towards the door, as Minerva pulled out her assault rifle and Nixon rushed over. He peered outside the door, as the voice suddenly came back. “This is Handsome Jack, and I know you silly vault hunters are still alive! As you may see, I have sent my loader army after you! So, yeah, bye!”
    “Loaders!” Nixon ran back inside, just as bullets riddled the door into shreds, and the yellow robots began flooding in. I turned my head, now seeing Minerva with her assault rifle, Bloodlust with his pistol, Mr. Pork with his shotgun, Bobbeh pulling out a revolver, and Nixon grabbing a purple tommy gun from a shelf. “Shepard, catch!” I heard, as an assault rifle with green streaks in it flew into my hands. “Oh, yeah.” I said, and fired away. Corrosive bullets flew from my gun, and it was carnage. Loaders were exploding, melting and falling to the floor, dead. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning!” Nixon said, just before slopping a robot with the purple slag, just before it was destroyed by Mr. Pork crashing through.

But, suddenly, I looked towards the back door and then towards the loaders. There were so many of them! There was no way we would be able to survive this onslaught! But...hell, what did I know?

[Keep fighting]

[Run away]

(By the way, this doesn't mean voting for the previous one's voting is finished, I just wanted to introduce some more characters!)

• Ohhh, 2 parts in a row? Me like.

[Keep fighting]

The Shepard Oh crap, did my head hurt. “Hello?” “Hello?” I was on a train. And now I was inside this weird little crapshack.

• [Keep fighting]

Oh yes, Minerva got introduced :D That was sooner than I expected, but I don't mind the slightest, especially since she has some... interesting company, to say the least.

I have to say, your writing style combined with these hilariously deranged characters (and some who are relatively sane) really manage to capture the atmosphere of Borderlands. This new part gave me a good laugh. Keep up the awesome work!

The Shepard Oh crap, did my head hurt. “Hello?” “Hello?” I was on a train. And now I was inside this weird little crapshack.

• NIXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON YEAHHHHHH

[Keep fighting]

• Thank you! I have been having a lot of fun writing this one, glad to see it's being well-received!

[Keep fighting] Oh yes, Minerva got introduced That was sooner than I expected, but I don't mind the slightest, especially since she has

• edited September 2014

A writer that writes amazing stuff and has fun doing it

You are amazing friend

Thank you! I have been having a lot of fun writing this one, glad to see it's being well-received!

• Thanks. :P

A writer that writes amazing stuff and has fun doing it You are amazing friend

• So whos crazier so far?

• No thank you for making this fic so amazing

(Also you have to update the characters introduced part)

Thanks. :P

• Mr. Pork.

Would say LL-X86, but he's a robot.

So whos crazier so far?

• Thanks fo answering ( and i agree)

Also i love how you introduced Nixon ( who you can just make people nickname Nix or just call Nixon if you want)

Nixon : "Yeah so i just saved your lives, no biggy just did"

Mr. Pork. Would say LL-X86, but he's a robot.

• I like how you not just tell that you met X, but you reference that you met them.

Keep up the good work! This is fun to read, unlike most fan fictions.

• GUSTAV NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY SRE YOU BANNNED?

Who the hell submitted Ariana Grande? XD

• Hey in your opinion who are relatively sane?

[Keep fighting] Oh yes, Minerva got introduced That was sooner than I expected, but I don't mind the slightest, especially since she has

• edited September 2014

So far, next to Jericho and Shepard, our Point-of-View characters, Anton, Sophie, Minerva and possibly Blisterscope and Nixon (though somethings off with these two as well) came across as stable and sane beings. But I'm pretty sure I have misjudged some of the characters.

Hey in your opinion who are relatively sane?

• I made Nixon :)

So far, next to Jericho and Shepard, our Point-of-View characters, Anton, Sophie, Minerva and possibly Blisterscope and Nixon (though someth

• Why is this awesome thread so inactive?

No really why?

• edited September 2014

I don't mean to be disrespectful friend, but you REALLY need to calm down a bit.

First, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the last part was released. That's not long. Many of the really good Fanfictions here tend to have a far less frequent rate of updates. Latte also never said there would be a new part every day.

Second, quality work needs it's time. I'm perfectly willing to wait a few days, even weeks if that means the result is as great as it has been for now.

Third, Latte actually has two great Fanfictions running, which makes the whole thing even more complicated and I strongly believe he has a personal life as well, which doesn't consist entirely of simply writing new parts for this Fanfiction 24/7.

So, I get it, you are excited about this story. So am I, so is everyone else and with good reason: This Fanfic is amazing! But please, constantly asking why nothing new is posted doesn't help anyone. I know, if I'd write a Fanfiction, this would annoy the shit out of me.

I know you mean no harm and you probably cause no harm, but please, stop complaining about an inactive thread, when it isn't inactive.
    If you want to know the true meaning of inactiveness and slow writing, I'd strongly advice you to start reading A Song of Ice and Fire, by the mighty bearded glacier himself, Mr. George R.R. Martin.

Just my two cents, hope I haven't offended you, just wanted to make something clear.

Why is this awesome thread so inactive? No really why?

• Soo this is a new game that cam out I want to watch it on YouTube but before all that can someone explain what this game is about ?

• ok sorry

but i wasent talking about parts ( i stoped asking for those when i found out he had two other fics)

its just you guys are very ..... non-commet-ish

i keep trying to make conversation but no one but you and latte ever answers

but if it bothered anyone ill stop

I don't mean to be disrespectful friend, but you REALLY need to calm down a bit. First, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the last part

• its an interactive story

Basicaly you make a character ( click the link above and follow the instructions). Then the writer (Latte) adds him or her into the story. Then we vote on parts. The choice the majority picks is then used in the story. And thats about it.

TWDfan1132 posted: »

Soo this is a new game that cam out I want to watch it on YouTube but before all that can someone explain what this game is about ?

• And I made Blisterscope :P

I made Nixon

• Condsidering that I made Blisterscope, I know why he acts weird.

So far, next to Jericho and Shepard, our Point-of-View characters, Anton, Sophie, Minerva and possibly Blisterscope and Nixon (though someth

• (!) I'm going to die.

"Eyepatch! Keep working on that door! Blisterscope, blonde, deal with the fight, I'll fight Knuckledragger!"

"Got it Jericho!" Blisterscope exclaimed, pulling a gun from his back. The eyepatch guy continued working on cutting open the door, as suddenly I realized something. I'm really stupid. This was a really terrible idea.

I looked at the dent in the wall, and raised my pistol, it slightly shaking in my hand. "Okay, buddy. Just keep her steady. Keep her steady."

The train car dented again, and I opened fire on the wall. Bullets flew through, and an angered cry was heard from the other side of the train. "Die! Die! Die!" I cried out, my clip finally gone, as I dropped it and loaded in another.

And thus, a fist burst threw the wall, grabbing me and pulling me out into the snow. I scrambled to my feet, slipping over and falling on to my face again. My leg was still slightly sprained, and there was no way I was getting up again. I looked up at my salivary fate, old Knuckledragger's teeth as big as bananas, and sharp as knives. It appeared to be smiling. Well, I was going to die in the snow, after doing jack for the others. Huh, cool.

This was when I heard the cry.

"Minion! For saving me!" It was Claptrap, and he held a syringe in his hand, the vial filled with a red liquid. He threw it from the hole at me, my hand flying up and grabbing it. I flung the needle into my leg, feeling an instant rejuvenation.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

I rose to my feet, and got ready to aim my gun again but was instead lifted up off of my feet. Knuckledragger looked straight into my eyes, one of his hands grasping the back of my armor. "Okay, okay. We can discuss this civilly, right?"

This was responded to with a animal road from the bullymong, and I looked down to Claptrap. "I'm gonna go watch the fight." He said, just before wheeling off. Useless robot.

Or maybe he wasn't so useless...

I held the syringe in my hand, and looked up to Knuckledragger. "Take this you overgrown hairball!" I flung the syringe into his arm, causing him to cry out in pain. Who knew that the bullymong could be such as wuss when it came to needles?

I backed up while Knuckledragger was distracted, and I loaded another clip into my gun. The creature was recollecting himself, but I had a few options.

I looked just below Knuckledragger's feet, seeing a bullymong pile along with a grenade sticking out of it. The other pile beside of it held an assault rifle.

I could also stand my ground, but who would pick that, right?

[Run for the assault rifle]

[Run for the grenade]

[Stand your ground]

• Run for the Granade

Man this just keeps getting better and better :)

Thanks Latte for taking time from your other fic to give us this

i think i speak for all of us when i say we appreciate it :)

Oh and btw i want to make this CLEAR just in case you haven't herd i'm gonna stop asking when the next part is (take all the time you need) mostly becouse im sure you wont abandon this fic (as i originaly feared do to a previous experience) and i fear ill be rushing and annoying all of you. So instead im gonna do my best to make conversation with you guys :)

(!) I'm going to die. "Eyepatch! Keep working on that door! Blisterscope, blonde, deal with the fight, I'll fight Knuckledragger!" "Go

• The same goes for me with Nixon

But Blisterscope dosen't seem THAT crazy

SivD1 posted: »

Condsidering that I made Blisterscope, I know why he acts weird.

• [Run for the grenade]

(!) I'm going to die. "Eyepatch! Keep working on that door! Blisterscope, blonde, deal with the fight, I'll fight Knuckledragger!" "Go

Sign in to comment in this discussion.