Midnight Hollow (Interactive story) CHARACTER SUBMITTING OPEN FOR BONUS EPISODES

edited December 2015 in Forum Games

This was an interactive murder mystery set in a town called Midnight Hollow which is inhabited by supernatural creatures. Character submitting is now reopened for the 3 bonus episodes.

Name:

Supernatural type:

Personality:

Appearance:

Backstory:

Characters introduced:

Larry Stain, 42 (Werewolf)

Barry Cold, 160 (Werewolf)

Norman Avery, 34 (Werewolf)

Hope Kat, 16 (Witch's cat)

Olivia Trailvan, 1000 (Vampire)

Percival "Percy" Ronan, 93 (Wizard)

Lucius Grigorov, 744 (Vampire)

Amalia "Amy" Grigorov, 177 (Vampire)

Alexander the Grand, 884 (Ghost)

Orma Greenlef, 11 (Witch)

Judyn Bornfire, 24 (Fairy)

Jack Jackson, 15 (Werecat)

Brail Tellince, 10000 (Genie)

Non-user submitted characters:

Stan Helsing, 25 (Human)

Mayor Ghastly, 522 (Ghost)

Robin Lampley, 2000 (Genie)

Ramsay Wolfson, 329 (Werewolf)

Sheriff John Wolfius, 48 (Werewolf)

Whiskers, 12 (Witch's cat)

Don Lunar, 105 (Werewolf)

Steve Catsby, 26 (Werecat)

Cat Sith, (Demon)

Jinx, (Witch's cat)

Diablus, (Elder Demon)

Odessa Leafweaver, 13-19 (Fairy)

Main Story Episode List:

Episode 1: A Bad Fur Day (COMPLETED)

Episode 2: Dark Tidings (COMPLETED)

Episode 3: The Big Bad Theory (COMPLETED)

Episode 4: The Eclipse (COMPLETED)

Episode 5: Master of Disguise (COMPLETED)

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode List:

Episode 1: Revelations

Episode 2: Dark Eclipse

Episode 3: The Phantom Feline

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Character List

Dalton Merryweather, 217 (Ghost)

Foxton Moonwisp, 19 (Fairy)

Hunter Lycus, 37 (Werewolf)

Ragtail Wolfodar, 29 (Werewolf)

Lupus Caniff, 41 (Werewolf)

Forrest Wolfius, 22 (Werewolf)

Hroar Bloodboar, 218 (Werewolf)

Lykoi, 38,000,000,000 (Deity)

The Phantom Feline, 2 months old (Demon)

Body Count: 0

Comments

• Name: Hope Kat.

Supernatural type: Witch's cat.

Personality: Witty, sarcastic, smart, friendly, funny.

Appearance: This...

Alt text

Backstory: He was just a regular cat, until...He found the mustache and glasses of disguise, with these powerful weapons he plots to take over the world! (he can't take over the world but he still plots to take it over)

• Thanks for the character! :)

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Name: Hope Kat. Gender: Male. Supernatural type: Witch's cat. Age: 16. Personality: Witty, sarcastic, smart, friendly, funny.

• edited December 2014

Name: Norman Avery

Supernatural type: Werewolf

Personality: Jerk , Mean , Sarcastic , Asshole

Appearance: black long curly hair , brown eyes , caucasian , 5,4 feet tall

Backstory: He was born in Boston but he moved to Midnight Hollow

• Thanks for the character!

supersagig posted: »

Name: Norman Avery Gender: Male Supernatural type: Werewolf Age: 34 Personality: Jerk , Mean , Sarcastic , Asshole Appearance

• Oh and he also a private detective :P

TheFurryOne posted: »

Thanks for the character!

• Here are the names for the episodes:

Episode 1: A Bad Fur Day

Episode 2: Dark Tidings

Episode 3: The Big Bad Theory

Episode 4: The Voices

Episode 5: The Black Death

• Name: Larry Stain

Super Natural Type: Werewolf

Personality: Can be a Dick, Doesn't trust people, Caring towards friends, Feels responsible for a lot of things.

Appearance: Brown Hair, Green Eyes, Mullet, Brown leather jacket

Back Story: When he was a kid he witnessed the murder of his best friend so he feels guilty about it because he was so helpless then...

• Thanks! :)

Saltlick123 posted: »

Name: Larry Stain Gender: Male Super Natural Type: Werewolf Age: 42 Personality: Can be a Dick, Doesn't trust people, Caring tow

• edited December 2014

Oh, cool you're doing one like this! :] I'll bite

Name: Barry Cold

Supernatural type: Werewolf

Personality: Smart, lonely, friendly, brave

Appearance: He has a Nathan Drake like hair and a Johnny Depp like beard. Pretty muscular. Wears a suit and a tie

Backstory: Her mother was a genie, who was raped by a werewolf, which caused the birth of Barry. Barry got his dad's powers, but he hated himself for that for years. The reason to that is, that people are afraid of werewolves, so Barry never have had any friends. His mother teached him to control the wolf inside him, but sometimes when he's pushed, he can't handle it anymore. When he was young, he decided to visit the town to look for some friends, but they just laughed at him and said that he was weird. He really got hurt by that. Now Barry has been living in the woods for 140 years, so nobody in the town won't regonize him anymore. A few days ago, he decided to visit the town, to see if it's safe to him to move in there. Nobody in the town knows that he's a werewolf yet.

Other: When he turns into werewolf he becomes really, really, really large because of the pressure he's been gaining because he has not let the werewolf come out of him in years. He doesn't care what others say of him anymore because he lived in the woods, which was a bad place for a kid to live.

finlander posted: »

Oh, cool you're doing one like this! :] I'll bite Name: Barry Cold Gender: Male Supernatural type: Werewolf Age: 160 (Still look

• Percival "Percy" Ronan

Wizard ( Not in the "traditional" way)

Age 93

Personality: Hes Charismatic to those he befriends.To anyone else he is highly dangerous nearly to psycotism.He has been know take some joy in the suffering of some supernatural folk. He also know to go to Very serious rages to those ho dare defy him.

Appearence: Despite his age he looks like a normal human adult, He has black cloak covering most of his body, He has a normal hat, Esmerald green eyes, And a black beard.

Backstory: No one is quite sure how he came to the town. Many belive he used to be a killer a pirate perhaps. Be it as may he came to the town and discovered a grove he named lumelight grove. From then on he inhabited the place in a small house he builded. Many of the towns ... inhabitants did not take kindly to him and attacked him. Many of them havent been heard from since. He is know to welcome guests with open arms. Thow he is "not very liking" of Werewolves.

Any other details: He is feared by many of the towns "citezens". He is equiped with various objects redied to kill even a sword. He has been know to compleatly erase the memories of humanlike monsters ( vampires, werewolves and even some witches) and convincing them they were always normal humans.

• Thanks! :]

Lord_EAA posted: »

Percival "Percy" Ronan Gender: Male Wizard ( Not in the "traditional" way) Age 93 Personality: Hes Charismatic to those he befri

• it was nothing :)

Btw if i can ask when is this starting?

Thanks! :]

• edited December 2014

Most likely when I get a few more characters. The prologue is coming soon tho

it was nothing Btw if i can ask when is this starting?

• Name: Olivia Trailvan

Supernatural type: Vampire

Personality: Manipulative , Smart , Sexy (?) , Bitch

Appearance: black long heddle hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 5,4 feet tall

Backstory: Not Much :P

• Thanks! :)

supersagig posted: »

Name: Olivia Trailvan Gender: Female Supernatural type: Vampire Age: 1000 (25 human years) Personality: Manipulative , Smart , S

• Okay do you need any help getting people to join?

Most likely when I get a few more characters. The prologue is coming soon tho

• If you could it would be appreciated :)

Okay do you need any help getting people to join?

• Hey, I'd like to join. Could I submit 2 characters?

• Submit as many as you want!

Hey, I'd like to join. Could I submit 2 characters?

• Prologue

The continuous snowflakes, that had a dark orange glow from the street lights that had been encrusted in thick sheets of ice, thudded against the many parked cars. She trudged through the snow that latched onto the streets of Midnight Hollow. Everything seemed normal ( for a town inhabited by creatures from bedtime stories ) until she heard a voice. The voice spoke English but it did not sound human. She looked around at the snowy landscape around her until she saw a figure. It looked like a cloud of mist and donned a pair of what appeared to be eyes. She then saw a mouth. The mouth was a vast dark abyss with teeth. She was about to run away when the figure drifted closer and closer making a sound that sounded like nails against a blackboard except it was ten times louder. She fell to her knees and blood poured out of her tear ducts, ears and nose. When she looked up she saw the decaying corpses of children crying and screaming for their parents. Then everything went dark.

• Good Job!

Prologue The continuous snowflakes, that had a dark orange glow from the street lights that had been encrusted in thick sheets of ice, th

• Can I still join?

• Awesome!

Prologue The continuous snowflakes, that had a dark orange glow from the street lights that had been encrusted in thick sheets of ice, th

• Amazing!!

• Very well then. Here are my characters :)

Name: Lucius Grigorov

Supernatural Type: Vampire

Personality: Lucius is a traditionalist vampire, firmly believing that it is expected from him to behave like an arrogant, yet charismatic nobleman. He is a highly intelligent man, who is unfailingly polite and diplomatic in his approach, while never revealing his true intentions. Surprisingly for a vampire, he is a good guy, but he plays the act of a shady and mysterious man, simply for his own pleasure. Usually he is calm, charming and generous, but if it is required, he can be absolutely terrifying. He deeply loves his daughter and would do anything for her. Unfortunately, he is absolutely overwhelmed with the challenge of raising a girl as difficult as Amy. He still treats her like a little girl and spoils her in every way he can. When he is alone, he prefers silence and he likes to paint pictures.

Appearance: Lucius is very tall, thin and pale, just as it is expected from a vampire. He has black, gelled hair, a gaunt face with a sharp nose and a surprisingly nice smile, as lon as he does not show his teeth. He likes to wear very formal attire, often wearing a suit.

Backstory: Lucius comes from a long and proud family of vampires, the Grigorov Clan. He and his daughter are the only Grigorovs in Moonlight Hollow, but he has family all around the world. He has been using this powerful family network for centuries, slowly building up a big empire. He was married once, but his wife died 50 years ago. He does not work, instead he invests his vast money into promising projects, which made him a respectable, well-loved and even richer citizen.

Name: Amalia „Amy“ Grigorov

Supernatural Type: Vampire

Personality: Amy always seems to be annoyed, as annoyed as it would be expected for a 177 year old who still isn't considered out of her late teens. She is aloof, always bored and constantly seeks for something exciting. When she is alone, she reads a lot. Amy can be mean, but rarely means to be. Usually she comments on everything with snarky annoyance. She has little social contacts and can be totally awkward around people. Around her few friends, she is very bubbly. She loves her father deeply, but is not above using him for her own personal gain. As someone who is easily bored, she has a constant need for exciting things to happen around her. Usually she plays pranks on people. She is also very brave.

Appearance: Despite her age, Amy is barely more than a teenager for vampire standards. As a result she looks no older than seventeen. She has long black hair and dark blue eyes. Like her father she is thin, but not nearly as unnaturally gaunt as he is. She is also nowhere near as pale as he is, neither does she always wear black. She enjoys very modern clothes, contrasting her fathers formal attire.

Backstory: Amalia, who rather goes by Amy is Lucius Grigorovs only child and heiress. For a vampire she is young and barely more than a teenager and she definitely behaves that way. Her mother died 50 years ago and Amy still misses her deeply. She barely knows the rest of her family and does not wish to meet them either.

Submit as many as you want!

• Sure!

Can I still join?

• Thanks!

Very well then. Here are my characters Name: Lucius Grigorov Gender: Male Supernatural Type: Vampire Age: 744 Personality: L

• edited April 2015

Midnight Hollow Episode 1: A Bad Fur Day Chapter 1

22 days until the eclipse

Larry Stain

Larry Stain's eyes cracked open. He was freezing, naked and had half a deer hanging from his mouth. He dragged himself through the thick layers of snow that coated Midnight Hollow. Being a werewolf in the winter is not a very fun thing to be. It is bad enough in the other seasons where you would have to nick your neighbour's clothes of the clothesline. Larry knew that if he didn't get warm soon he would get hypothermia. He examined his surroundings hoping to find something to help him get warm; but it is a very rare occasion to find some clothes in a forest. Larry then noticed the mangled deer carcass sprawled on the red slush around it. The scene in "The Empire Strikes Back" where Luke was put in that animal corpse always made Larry feel sick, but the thought of doing it in reality was not something he thought he would ever have to do. Survival or Dignity?

[Survival]

[Dignity]

Barry Cold

Barry Cold slowly crawled along the roof of the town hall, watching the fairies flying, ghosts evaporating, vampires Usain-Bolting through the snow and witches riding their broomsticks. He then spied an area of the town that had been closed off. It looked like something from CSI so he gently pushed the clan of winged monkeys out of the way shimmied along for a better look. He could see what looked like a body. He was about to try and eavesdrop on a conversation between a man and a detective when he heard a voice that made the hairs on his back stand up.

"What are you doing?" whispered a strange voice.

Barry looked around until he saw... a cat.

"You're a talking cat" Barry gasped, staring at the creature in awe.

The cat wrinkled his nose.

"And you turn into Lassie on full moons" hissed the cat with a grasp of the English language.

"Who are you?" Barry asked .

"My name is Hope Kat my dearest Fido" said the cat with a grasp of the English language.

"My name is Barry Cold" Barry said.

"To me you and your slobbering, slack-jawed mutts are all known as Fido, Sparky, Spike and Fluffy to me" Hope spat.

Barry stood still for a few moments, trying to adjust to the insult.

"Anyways Sparky, I have a proposition for you" Hope grinned.

"Why would I do anything for someone who just called me *wolfist names?" Barry scoffed.

Hope closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them to reveal a face that looked something likes this:

Alt text

"Oh, alright then" Barry sighed.

Hope then began to start violently gagging.

"Are you ok-" Barry began to say before Hope spat out a wet piece of paper.

"Read it" demanded.

Barry grabbed it by the corner as if it was trash and carefully opened it up hoping to not touch any of the disembodied mouse parts. It listed a large amount of items that did NOT look legal.

"I would like you too collect the items on that list" Hope explained.

"And what do I get in return?" Barry questioned.

"The joy of helping out a cute little kitty cat?" Hope said, pulling the same cute face as before.

Barry gave Hope a generally pissed off look.

"Fine, I'll give information on that crime scene you seem to be interested in" Hope sighed.

"And if I decline?" Barry asked.

"Then I'll inform the deputy mayor that their is an unregistered lycanthrope and they'll have to pull an Old Yeller on you" Hope spat, a face of pure evil stretching across his face.

[Accept the offer]

[Decline the offer]

*wolfist= person with a disliking of wolfmen.

Norman Avery

Norman Avery scampered along the ground of the crime scene hoping to find some clues.

"Whatcha doin' Scooby Doo?" asked an unfriendly, mocking voice.

Norman looked up to see the town bully Stan Helsing looking down at him as if was dog mess that he just trod on.

"How the hell did you get past the gargoyles?" Norman questioned, concerned for the well-being of the corpse.

"With my natural good looks of course!" Stan chuckled.

"Just sod off will ya? I'm trying to investigate" Norman hissed.

"What happened to that knife-eared bitch sprawled on the pavement?" Stan sneered.

Norman looked over to the mangled corpse of a young female fairy. Her clothes had been torn off, her limbs had been picked clean of any flesh and her eyes were hollow with blood leaking out of them.

"Hey she's dead you prick!" Norman growled.

"And? It's just a knifed-eared ditz" Stan spat.

Stan continues to spout racist slurs about fairies, sprites, pixies and elves when he noticed a strange black liquid on the snow.

"You should get that stuff checked out" Stan whimpered, seemingly discomforted by the sight of the black goo.

Norman then noticed a blood trail leading to the forest.

"You should also check that out" Stan gasped.

None of the police officers had arrived yet. Norman could not investigate both because Stan would most likely tamper with one when he left to go to another.

[Investigate the black liquid]

[Investigate the blood trail]

• Great Job! [Survival], [Decline the offer]. [Investigate the black liquid]

Midnight Hollow Episode 1: A Bad Fur Day Chapter 1 22 days until the eclipse Larry Stain Larry Stain's eyes cracked open. He was fr

• [Survival] Hey, it's better then getting hypothermia.

[Accept the offer] This should lead to more information, and saying no will just get him in trouble.

[Investigate the blood trail] Follow the rainbow to the pot of gold...or whatever the trail of blood leads too.

Awesome first chapter!

Midnight Hollow Episode 1: A Bad Fur Day Chapter 1 22 days until the eclipse Larry Stain Larry Stain's eyes cracked open. He was fr

• [Survival]

[Accept the offer]

• [Dignity]

[Accept the offer]

• Name: Alexander the Grand

Supernatural type: Ghost

Personality: Wise, Brave, Depressed, fighting sprit, Strong

Appearance: A man with white hair, a long white beard, Caucasian, scar across his eye making it white, brown eyes, wears a golden warrior armor.

Backstory: Fought in the Crusades but died being a hero and defending and saving a fortress. He haunted that Fort for over 400 years until his Sword which is what he is attached to was stolen by robbers and taken to Rome. He haunted many people through his years till be was bought by an art collector and taken to France. He relaxed being in France, it was a city he enjoyed spending time in, he saw history go by. The sword was stolen by a young thief who then traveled to America and during the Civil War. His owner was killed and he was taken by a captain. He enjoyed being in the fight again and used his powers to help his captain win battles (Captain fought on the Union side). After his captain passed away he was taken to a war memorial and stayed there until bought by a history collector...Little did he know this history collector lived in Midnight Hollow. Alexander now lives with his collector giving him wise advice...Alexander agrees his afterlife has come to a time to be wise.

Any other details: Attached to his sword, knows a lot of history...Mainly French history.

Name: Alexander the Grand Gender: Male Supernatural type: Ghost Age: 884 Personality: Wise, Brave, Depressed, fighting sprit, St

• Survival

Accept the offer

Investigate the blood trail

I can already see this is going to be good :>

• Voting Closed!

Larry will choose survival over dignity!

Barry will accept Hope's offer!

Norman will investigate the black liquid!

• and the next part is coming soon rigth?

Voting Closed! Larry will choose survival over dignity! Barry will accept Hope's offer! Norman will investigate the black liquid!

• It will come out sometime today

and the next part is coming soon rigth?

• edited December 2014

Name: Orma Greenlef

Supernatural type: Witch

Personality: Calm , Shy , Smart

Appearance: white long heddle hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 4.1 feet tall

Backstory: Her parents abandoned her. She found Hope and she is his owner :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.