Midnight Hollow (Interactive story) CHARACTER SUBMITTING OPEN FOR BONUS EPISODES

Comments

• Saltlick123 posted: »

Just got caught up! Great Finish to a great story (I'm surprised that no one asked about my characters name....He's named after my first

• Steve would have died offscreen because he was only created to make the time teams even.

Amy would also die to the attack by Larry. That narrows her chances of surviving this Season down to 7.25%, not counting possible d

• edited April 2015

Poor Steve XD At least he got a good death now, trying to fight the Alpha Wolf

TheFurryOne posted: »

Steve would have died offscreen because he was only created to make the time teams even.

• I just realised that Hope Kat is probably one of the first story characters to be the protagonist, antagonist and comic relief.

• Here is the order that the next chapters will come in:

Nocturnal Academy- I know exactly what I need to write for the next chapter

The Hunters of Oblivion- This is probably my most anticipated story

Pandora's Box- I have a general idea of what to write for the beginning

• Hes also one of the only to die and be brought back only to die later.

I just realised that Hope Kat is probably one of the first story characters to be the protagonist, antagonist and comic relief.

• Also what do you think was the hardest choice?

End of story questions 1) Favourite overall character? 2) Favourite overall episode? 3) Saddest death? 4) Least favourite charac

• edited April 2015

For me one of the hardest choices was to revive either Barry or Hope, since I liked both of them equally. In the end I chose Hope because I assumed quite correctly that his knowledge about the demon could be helpful. I also thought a lot about if Percy should sacrifice his life to save Hope, or if he should attempt to survive, mainly because Lord really wanted to keep Percy alive. Personally, the choice of taking Amy and Larry to Oblivion or leaving them behind was also quite hard for me, but that was mainly because I didn't want to endanger them. I guess it was quite clear that taking them to Oblivion would be the better choice for the overall story, since they were actually pretty helpful, but I really wanted to keep Amy safe. In the end it turned out well for her, sadly not so much for Larry. But I guess that I made the right decisions in these choices and at least with Percy it's already confirmed that I did.

Also what do you think was the hardest choice?

• Alternate choices: The Eclipse Part 2

[Try to shake them off]- This would not have worked and Barry would have died resulting in the bad ending due to Diablus getting his complete form.

[Grab the lillies near Jack's body]- Percy would have died here as Cat Sith was not an actual witch's cat.

[Run]- Percy dies.

[Tear off one of its front legs]- Larry ends up even more crippled.

[Kill it] -Larry dies.

[Run to the hole in the wall]- Percy escapes.

• edited September 2015

Alternate choices: Master of Disguise Part 1

[Kill him now]- This would have lead to 2 other options: [Give him a quick death] and [Make him suffer].

[Try to negotiate]- Diablus would have possessed Percy.

[Try to transform into a dragon]- This would fail and Percy would die.

[Try to reach for the sword]- Percy fails and is killed.

[Beg for your life]- Percy becomes possessed.

[Go to the hospital] - Jack would have healed but Amalia would have died from Diablus' attack as Jack shielded Amalia from the fire. Nocturnal Academy would be rendered uncanon.

[Patch yourself ]- This fails and Jack passes out, later to be found by Amalia.

[Resurrect Barry Cold]- After being resurrected Barry would have had a far more epic 1v1 battle with Diablus.

• edited April 2015

Wow, Jack is a lifesaver! Lucky Amy, she should have played in the lottery instead of fighting demons. She could be filthy rich by now :D Percy also had a lot of luck, up until the point where he investigated the Grigorov mansion. That some of these choices only narrowly averted some terrible fates for the characters is amazing!

And while I loved Hope's character and the redemption he had for the time he spent possessed, 1v1 with Diablus sounds epic. But what would have happened to Barry after the battle against Diablus? I mean, Hope was doomed of course, since he had to sacrifice himself to kill Diablus, but would there have been any chance for Barry to survive?

Alternate choices: Master of Disguise Part 1 [Kill him now]- This would have lead to 2 other options: [Give him a quick death] and [Make

• Why did Percy have so many chances to die?

Alternate choices: Master of Disguise Part 1 [Kill him now]- This would have lead to 2 other options: [Give him a quick death] and [Make

• Because he was being visited by Diablus, and there is a reason why he was locked up in a magic thrown into space.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Why did Percy have so many chances to die?

• 'Cause he didn't 'Precy' it

Alt text

(That was awful, I'm sorry.)

Why did Percy have so many chances to die?

• Ok

Because he was being visited by Diablus, and there is a reason why he was locked up in a magic thrown into space.

• What does that even mean?

NoHopeLeft posted: »

'Cause he didn't 'Precy' it (That was awful, I'm sorry.)

• Percy instead of foresee...

...It was an awful joke, I'm sorry ;~;

What does that even mean?

• Would'nt PERCIVE be a better one?

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Percy instead of foresee... ...It was an awful joke, I'm sorry ;~;

• Yeah :/

Would'nt PERCIVE be a better one?

• Here are some things that were going to happen in the story but just didn't happen.

• Stan Helsing was going to have a bigger role and would maybe even become a villain.

• Robin Lampley was originally going to have Ramsay's role.

• In an early draft, Barry was planned as the killer, although he wouldn't know it.

• The creature's identity wasn't decided until the final chapter of episode 2.

• Episode 4 was originally going to take place in the hospital and the group was going to be stuck there, defending themselves from werewolves.

• Hope was going to stay as the main antagonist and was actually going to be revealed as the creature at the final chapter of episode 4.

• Amalia was going to stay dead no matter what options were chosen, as I wanted Lucius to become unstable and end up killing another "good guy" character out of anger.

• Ramsay was planned to die in episode 4 at the hospital, but since the hospital didn't happen I decided to give him his comeuppance in episode 5.

• I got bored waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition to install on my PS4 so I drew a picture of Hope Kat to pass time.

Alt text

• Also if Barry was resurrected he would have contacted the leader of the Nightcrawlers (a Shadowling by the name of Creepswood) for help instead of Jinx.

• It's a werebear.

supersagig posted: »

What is that? a Yeti?

• ................Weren't we discussing your char for Prime?

It's a werebear.

• Season 2 will only contain 2 main supernaturals to have as characters. There will however be different types of them. The vampire types are mostly based off of the vampire clans from Vampire: The Masquerade.

Vampire types

Gangrel: They are the only vampires to have claws and the ability to naturally shape-shift. When hunting for blood, they transform into a supernatural animal (strongly sharing the appearance of the vampire individual's spirit animal) and stalk their victim through whatever terrain they are in.

Alt text

Nosferatu: They have decaying flesh, pointed ears and fangs that either usually yellow or brown. After living in the sewers for centuries, they have adapted to feed on the blood of rats and are the first vampire breed to feed on a non-human. They hunt humans by lurking in the shadows and grabbing them when they are near to them.

Alt text

Sycrovian: They are completely insane and just straight up charge at their victims and feed. Their eyes become black like a shark when they sense blood.

Alt text

Lipitorio: They use methods of seduction to hunt and are said to have natural beauty.

Alt text

Bloodromancers: They use magic to trick humans into willingly offering blood to them. They are skilled sorcerers and experts at blood magic.

Alt text

Werecreature types

Werewolf: The most famous (or infamous) type of werecreature and are Jacks of all Trades in battle.

Alt text

Werebear: Immensely strong elephant-sized beasts.

Alt text

Werecat: Weak in normal fights but extremely stealthy.

Alt text

Werefox: Slightly stronger than werecats but not as stealthy.

Alt text

Wererat: The stealthiest and disliked by werecats.

Alt text

• Hey man sorry but can you answer the last pm i sent you

• edited June 2015

That's very interesting. I guess Amy fits best as a Bloodromancer or a Lipitoria, since she's no shapeshifter, no decaying monstrosity, and not insane. Though she had no blood magic in Season 1 and is probably way too haughty and bratty to be an effective seductress in most cases. Werefoxes sound very cool by the way! How is Season 2 going to fit into the Season 1 canon, by the way? In which time is it set and will the survivors of Season 1 make an appearance? Anyways, I'm looking forward for it!

• edited September 2015

• The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Prologue

December 5th 1970

Odessa Leafweaver awoke to find herself in a dark a room, surrounded by individuals wearing scarlet hooded cloaks, which was illuminated only by lit candles with blood red flames licking at the air. Odessa also realised that she was levitating without using her wings. The hooded figures must have using magic.

“Let me down!” Odessa screamed.

“Silence wench!” growled the tall of the hooded figures. Odessa immediately recognised the gruff, deep voice.
    “Don Lunar?! What the fuck are you doing?!” she gasped.

Don raised his fist to deliver a hard punch to Odessa’s face before being stopped by another hooded figure holding what looked like some sort of ancient golden music box.
    “We need her alive Don” said the figure, who had a voice that she also recognised.

“Foxton? What are you doing? Tell me!” Odessa demanded.

Foxton Moonwisp was the young, red-haired fairy who was the royal squire to Odessa’s father King Leafweaver.

Foxton ignored her questions and began to twist the key that was connected to the mysterious box’s keyhole.

“Is this truly a wise thing to do?” Don questioned.

“Of course resurrecting an Elder Demon is one-hundred percent safe you imbecile!” Foxton spat.

As the music box suddenly opened a jet of blood red light emerged circling around what looked like a pentagram that Odessa was levitating over.

Foxton moved towards her, slowly bringing the box near to her face.

Diablus! Awake!” Foxton yelled.

“Someone help!” Odessa screeched at the top of her lungs.

A glowing orb emerged from the box and began hovering closer to Odessa.

“What’s going on?” Bellowed a voice that seemed to come from a small, furry cat.

The name of that cat was Hope Kat.

Whilst Foxton was distracted Odessa kicked away the box with hurled towards Hope and struck him in the face, causing an explosion of red light.

Odessa had suddenly stopped levitating and before the hooded figures could recover, she ran outside of the cave that she was kept prisoner in.

The hooded figures stumbled back onto their feet and looked at the cat on the ground.

“Diablus?” Foxton questioned.

“Get that girl now!” Hope bellowed, now with a demonic, deep voice.

• You can now submit characters for the bonus episodes.

• YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!! :D :D . For a while i thought you were gone bro.

You can now submit characters for the bonus episodes.

• It's back :D That was a great prologue for the bonus episodes, reading about Hope Kat again was nice! I also see that Don Lunar has been part of the bad guys all this time and now I feel a lot less pity for the brutal death he suffered in Episode 4. Looks like the fucker got what he deserved after all. Also:

“Of course resurrecting an Elder Demon is one-hundred percent safe you imbecile!” Foxton spat.

I guess Foxton is not the brains of the evil Diablus cult :D

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Prologue December 5th 1970 Odessa Leafweaver awoke to find herself in a dark a room, surrounded by indi

• Amazing part!

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Prologue December 5th 1970 Odessa Leafweaver awoke to find herself in a dark a room, surrounded by indi

• Oh yes :) I have unfortunately missed most of the story after starting to read it and I unfollowed by accident, so I never really got to vote but I have caught up now. I really like the way the story developed! And here is my character:

Name: Dalton Merryweather

Supernatural type: Ghost

Personality: He is a bit grumpy at first and it seems like he does not care for others. He automatically thinks he is smarter than people who are younger than him. Since he is a ghost, a lot of people are younger than him. But he also has no respect for older people. He likes to point out the flaws other people have and to criticize them but he also gives advice how to overcome these flaws. Even if he does not show it, he cares for others and would risk his own ghostly life to save people in danger. He is still a good hunter even after his death. He also knows how to keep a grudge. Because it was a werewolf who killed him, he dislikes werewolves and other werecreatures but he starts to change for the better ever since he arrived in Midnight Hollow a few years ago. Nowadays, he lives side by side with werecreatures but never really trusts them, even if he feels a bit bad for killing many of them in the past. He never apologizes when he makes a mistake or is rude towards others, but his actions count as an apology instead. He is also very brave and is not afraid of danger. Since he is a ghost, he sees himself as nearly invincible and fears nothing. Even if he does not admit it, he dislikes it when others put themselfes in danger and he would always volunteer when dangerous tasks are at hand.

Appearance: At the time of his death, he was in his mid thirties and his ghost still looks that way. He is handsome and has dark hair and is clean shaven, except for short sideburns. His eyes are brown. Because of his death, he has a number of wounds all over his chest, which he hides under his clothes. His left leg is missing below the knee, which does not really concern him anymore after his death

Backstory: He was a famous hunter in England in the 18th century. As the last member of a small noble family, Dalton used his money to hunt for dangerous animals and even made expeditions to Africa and Asia. But the most dangerous animal he would ever encounter was a werewolf who was terrorizing his small hometown. As an expert hunter, Dalton took it upon himself to hunt the beast, not knowing that it was a werewolf. He cornered the beast and managed to kill it, but he lost his left leg below the knee in the process. Ever since, he vowed to hunt werewolves all over England, even those who try not to be a danger to humans. In the following years, he killed over a dozen werewolves, until he in turn, was ambushed by a werewolf who lost his father to Dalton. He fought against the beast and took gruesome wounds over his chest in the process. These wounds killed him but Dalton refused to move on. He became a ghost and continued to hunt for werewolves and other werecreatures, until he stumbled upon the community of Midnight Hollow. Seeing how werecreatures, ghosts, vampires and other supernatural creatures managed to live together helped Dalton in letting go of his hatred against werewolves and he gave up on his vengeance. He decided to atone for his earlier massacre of werecreatures and joined the community, to change his personality and to become a better person.

You can now submit characters for the bonus episodes.

• Thanks for the character! He will most likely have a big role in all 3 bonus episodes!

janitor posted: »

Oh yes I have unfortunately missed most of the story after starting to read it and I unfollowed by accident, so I never really got to vote

• edited September 2015
    janitor posted: »

Oh yes I have unfortunately missed most of the story after starting to read it and I unfollowed by accident, so I never really got to vote

• edited September 2015

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 1

“It’s rather sad isn’t it?” Jinx asked.

The sentence that Jinx had spoken had almost startled Amalia. She had been unsure if she should be mourning for her father or get around the prospect of becoming a mother. To a Shadowling of all things!

“What is?” Amalia replied, remembering that she was sitting next to a talking cat on a park bench.

“All of this happened because a bunch of idiots thought that resurrecting a Pandoran would give them power, as if something that was locked up for hundreds of millennia would be grateful ” Jinx spat.

“So what are you going to do now?” Amalia asked, trying not to think about the fact that there were other people out there who were responsible for Lucius’ death and were not dead.

“I’m going to have the best scientists of the E.S.A study the area and make sure that there are no demons hiding here” Jinx said.

As Jinx went to leave he suddenly stopped and turned to face back at Amalia.

“I understand that raising a Shadowling is a difficult task especially for a single mother” Jinx said.

“What do you mean?” Amalia inquired.

“Unless you’re planning on using necromancy your father cannot help you and that boyfriend of yours is practically a living husk” Jinx explained.

“What are you getting at?” Amalia said wearily.

“I-the E.S.A I mean could help raise your Shadowling child” Jinx said.

[Accept the offer]

[Decline the offer]

Jack Jackson’s eyes cracked open. He was lying in a hospital bed. He examined his surroundings. Everything seemed normal. Except for the glowing blue feline that was sitting at the foot of his bed. It was Hope.

“What the fuck?!” Jack gasped. “You’re dead!”

“If you’re talking about Hope then you would be right Jacky boy” Hope (?) replied.

“Diablus?!” Jack yelled.

“Wrong again, wimp!” the ghost Hope lookalike spat.

The ghost Hope lookalike slowly walked towards Jack.

“I was created when the ritual to resurrect Diablo, no Dibablis, wait no I mean- fuck it, I was created when the ritual to resurrect the big bad arsehole demon thing backfired when Panda bear’s Box or whatever it was fucking called accidently hit Hope. Instead of Diablutt possessing Hope it sort of mixed their personalities together, creating me” it explained. “It was me who held the reins the whole time.”

“What do I call you and what do you want?” Jack gasped.

“You shall call me The Phantom Feline and also I think it’s fucking adorable how you think that you are one of the heroes in this story” The Phantom Feline spat. “All that whiny horseshit about how I possessed you when you actually did all of the things I told you to yourself, but then realised you were doing bad things and wanted to redeem yourself without actually facing the consequences you spineless mongrel!” The Phantom Feline roared.

“What are you going to do to me?” Jack whimpered, tears flooding down his face.

“I will spare you if you help me get me a body to possess” The Phantom Feline explained. “Actually on second thought, get close to that pregnant vampire bitch until that little shadow fucker is born and I will use your little baby as my new host” The Phantom Feline fiendishly grinned.

“And if I refuse?” Jack gulped.

“Then the Bloodboar will visit you tonight Jacky boy”.

[Accept]

[Decline]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.