Midnight Hollow (Interactive story) CHARACTER SUBMITTING OPEN FOR BONUS EPISODES

Comments

• edited September 2015

Great chapter and a nice start for the first bonus episode! It's good to read more about Amy and Jack and Jinx. Mainly Amy of course, but I greatly enjoyed Jinx and Jack in this too :D I'm very intrigued where the storyline for the bonus episodes will go!

[Accept the offer]

Aside from the fact that Jinx is right when he says that raising a child all alone is quite difficult, the child in question is a shadowling, which can't make things any easier. On top of that, this Phantom Feline is after the baby, so a bit of help from the E.S.A. can't be a bad thing. Perhaps they can even protect Amy and her unborn child. I mean, it's hardly the first demon they are up against and they proved themselves to be pretty capable when it comes to deal with such things.

[Decline]

Nope. Sorry Jack, but nope. I have no idea what the Bloodboar is, except that it sounds very bad. However, working together with the Phantom Feline is definitely out of question, especially considering that he made his evil intentions pretty clear, by talking about possessing a freaking baby. I'm going to take the risk of Jack getting visited by the Bloodboar. Worst case scenario I can see is that Jack is going to be forced to work with the Phantom Feline either way, but at least he can now choose not to aid him willingly. Aside from that, it's Jack's baby as well and I can't see him selling it out just to save his own skin.

Also, has the Feline just implied that Jack has never been possessed at all, and instead killed Amy out of his own free will back in Episode 2? If he wasn't just messing with him when he implied it, that would be a pretty huge twist.

TheFurryOne posted: »

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 1 “It’s rather sad isn’t it?” Jinx asked. The sentence that Jinx had spo

• Jack was never possessed.

Great chapter and a nice start for the first bonus episode! It's good to read more about Amy and Jack and Jinx. Mainly Amy of course, but I

• Oh shit... and I thought he's an alright person. Well, now I no longer have any pity for him. That lying, murderous prick deserved all the stuff happening to him and he deserves a lot more on top. I hope the Bloodboar, whatever it is, royally fucks him up. Damn, I can't believe I actually trusted him....

Jack was never possessed.

• [Accept the offer]

That sounds reasonable. The E.S.A have been good guys so far and maybe they can help. I also like Jinx and Amalia and this sounds like a good choice for both.

[Decline]

After this reveal, I want the worst for Jack and I hope he dies sooner or later. I doubt he will die already but meeting the Bloodboar does not sound good for him.

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 1 “It’s rather sad isn’t it?” Jinx asked. The sentence that Jinx had spo

• Awesome :D

Thanks for the character! He will most likely have a big role in all 3 bonus episodes!

• I just read the first parts and it looks cool. Can I still join?

Lord_EAA posted: »

Hey dude while you were gone i made a story https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/94739/the-multiverse-prime/p1

• [Accept the offer]

[Decline]

Uh-oh. Hope doesn't seem like himself... Oh no... this Phantom Feline's a problem... Maybe in the long term we can rescue the Hope side of him while banishing the evil side and saving Hope! :D

• [Decline the offer]

[Accept]

• Thanks. And sure i guess. I never ended submisions in the first place.

janitor posted: »

I just read the first parts and it looks cool. Can I still join?

• Voting closed!

Amalia will accept Jinx's offer!

Jack will decline working with The Phantom Feline!

• edited September 2015

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 2

A parade of pain exploded throughout Forrest Wolfius’ face. It was training time in the clubhouse of the Dark Eclipse Pack. At least that was what the other members had told him. It was really just beat the living shit out of Forrest Wolfius time.

Forrest had only joined the Dark Eclipse Pack after he was left homeless after his older brother John Wolfius had died in the Pandoran Incident.

The alarm bell finally rang and Forrest was no longer being beaten and humiliated. He dragged himself up from the dusty floor and looked up at the new Alpha Hroar Bloodboar. He was an eight-foot tall, brawny beast of a man with deep, tight, puckered scars all over his body like he was Frankenstein’s monster. He had a thick, messy ginger beard with chunks of flesh from the people he had killed over the two-hundred years stuck to it. After Don Lunar died Hroar had suddenly arrived in Midnight Hollow and quickly claimed the position of Alpha.

It looked like Hroar was about to belittle him just by staring at him when suddenly a blue, cat-like creature flew into the room.

“How’s it going douchenozzles?” The Phantom Feline howled.

“For fuck sake Hope I’m not going to be your bloody henchman” Hroar growled.

“My name is NOT Hope and I just want you to kill some crippled teenage brat not be my henchman” The Phantom Feline sighed.

“It’s not cool to hurt cripples!” exclaimed Ragtailed Wolfodar. Ragtail was short, had white hair, several scars and was not very smart or sane.

“We are not going to kill some handicapped kid, and that is final” said Hroar.

“PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU!” The Phantom Feline began to wail.

“No” Hroar sighed.

The Phantom Feline stopped and thought about how well the plan to kill Jack had gone in his head. Killing Jack would be much harder than he thought. It was more difficult to get people to work for you when you are dead.

Forrest was desperate to find somewhere to live where he wouldn't get beaten or humiliated. Maybe this ghost cat could help him.

It was almost as if Hroar had read Forrest's thoughts when he suddenly spoke.

"Why don't you take this pup to help deal with your dangerous cripple?" Hroar grinned.

[Accept]

[Refuse]

“Then it is settled!” exclaimed Jinx. “Pack your bags now and soon you will be safe at the E.S.A headquarters in less than an hour”.

“Thank you, Jinx” said Amalia.

As Jinx evaporated into dust Amalia could see something out of the corner of her eye.

“Amalia, I need to speak with you somewhere in private” wheezed the crippled, crutch holding, burnt up figure that was Jack Jackson. “I must confess to something”.

“I don’t have time Jack; I need to get my stuff packed” Amalia explained.

“Please, it’s urgent” Jack pleaded.

[Go with Jack]

[Get ready for the E.S.A headquarters]

• edited September 2015

[Refuse]

Nope. No help for the Phantom Feline. On his own, the Feline does not seem to have any power, considering he has no real body. This means, it likely can't even kill Jack on his own, or else it wouldn't seek out the help of these wolves. Speaking of the wolves, this explains the ominous Bloodboar. While I am delighted to see that he is not a henchman of the Feline, I doubt someone who has chunks of flesh from his previous victims in his beard can be one of the good guys in the long run. But it is good that he is not an ally of the Phantom Feline, that's at least something. Still, he is creepy, very creepy and definitely not a good guy, even though he draws the line at killing crippled werecat fuckers.

[Go with Jack]

Now... I hate Jack, I really do and I want a bloody death for him. By killing Amy in the old timeline, he is also responsible for the death of Lucius and I won't forgive that. I had to think about this for a while and strongly considered to pick the other option, as I don't want Amy to be anywhere near this fucker. However, as much as I hate him, I doubt he is a danger to Amy at the moment. He is crippled and she overpowered him once already, when he was physically in a far better condition. Now that she got a neat cyber-arm (which has to be good for something) and he can hardly walk anymore, the strength difference between them should be even bigger. If he tries anything, I am convinced that Amy can easily overpower him again and I guess Jack knows this too. He declined to work with the Feline, which at least made him a little bit less evil, so I don't think he plans on harming her right now. After all, what would he gain from harming the mother of his unborn child? I also don't think he wants to confess his deliberate involvement in her death, because that would put him into the severe danger of getting torn to shreds by a rightfully pissed-off vampire. Unless of course, he honestly wants to atone for his crimes, in which case he has to come clean to her sooner or later and hope that she is merciful. But I don't expect him to be that brave and repentant. Perhaps he is thinking about revealing the existence and intentions of the Phantom Feline to her, which is an important thing to know, considering that I doubt the demon will just allow her to leave for the E.S.A headquarters. In any way, it could be important for Amy to at least hear what he has to confess.

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 2 A parade of pain exploded throughout Forrest Wolfius’ face. It was traini

• [Refuse]

[Go with Jack]

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 2 A parade of pain exploded throughout Forrest Wolfius’ face. It was traini

• [Refuse] Hell naw!

[Get ready for the E.S.A headquarters]

I really dont trust Jack even if he refused to work with the Phantom Feline. I think he is still planning something bad for Amalia and while she is clearly stronger in a physical fight, perhaps he has some trick planned to avoid a fight at all, like just shooting her without warning. I dont think he has anything good planned for her and definitely do not want her to die at the hand of this coward. Just ignoring him looks like the safer choice. I dont think he is going to confess what he did either way.

• edited September 2015

Voting closed!

Forrest will refuse the orders of a man twice his size and certainly won't be forced into it or anything!

Amalia will go with Jack!

The next chapter will probably come out either tomorrow, Sunday or Monday depending on if I'm participating in naked dance parties on The Elder Scrolls Online.

• I apologise for the delay, I have had muscle pains in the past few days and it hurt to move around.

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 3

Around 150 years ago

Dead silence. That was all that Dalton Merryweather had heard. The full moon lingered in the midnight sky. Dalton tightened the grip on his crossbow and loaded it with silver bolts.

A bloodcurdling howl could be heard. It was definitely an Alpha. All that Dalton needed to do was aim for the heart than it would all be over. This Alpha had been terrorizing a nearby village for weeks, as if it was trying to lure Dalton out.

Then he saw the beast.

It was the size of an elephant and covered to toe in blood-stained white fur. Its eyes were almost like a neon red, as they almost seemed to assault Dalton’s retinas. The monster leapt into the air, bearing its fifteen centimetre long fangs with the remains of its past victims stuck between them.

Dalton aimed and fired his crossbow, his violently beating against his chest. The silver bolt pierced into the beast’s right eye, causing a waterfall of blood to stream out. It fell to the ground next to Dalton, causing a tremor to erupt through the forest, knocking Dalton twenty metres backwards.

Dalton looked over at the lycanthrope after he stumbled back to his feet. He unsheathed his silver longsword as he readied himself to strike the killing blow. He approached the monster, and raised the sword.

Suddenly the werewolf’s powerful jaws opened and caught Dalton between the fangs. Before Dalton could do anything the Alpha bit down, crushing his innards and tearing him into half.

Present day (In the Midnight Hollow story at least)

“Jack Jackson is dead” the person who looked exactly like Jack reluctantly said.

“What?” said Amalia. “What’s going on? I don’t have time for this Jack.”

“You killed Jack Jackson back at Lumelight Grove” Jack breathed.

Amalia stared at Jack with a confused expression on her face.

“I’m not Jack. My true name is Lykoi” he explained.

Amalia’s confused facial expression did not change whatsoever. Jack grunted and exhaled.

“I’m a deity of hope and wishes” Lykoi said. “As Jack slowly bled to death from that gunshot wound he spent his last moments wishing to fix what he had done. Then I came along from the magic portal that Percival Ronan had activated and took over his body.”

“I don’t understand” Amalia gasped.

“I basically became everything that Jack wanted to be” Lykoi explained. “I saved your life in that fire didn’t I?”

“All that he wanted to do was save me?” Amalia asked.

“He wanted to redeem himself for killing you in a different timeline” said Lykoi.

“Wait, What?!” Amalia exclaimed.

“You are to give birth to twins” said Lykoi. “One will be a Shadowling and the other will be a being of immense power”.

“What do I say to Jinx?” Amalia questioned.

“When you give birth to the twins, I will take the demigod and teach it how to use its abilities, okay?” Jack reassured.

[Report to Jinx]

[Agree]

[Disagree]

• [Agree]

Whoa... okay. That explains a lot. For example, why Jack was willing to shield Amy from the fire, while he was also completely willing to murder her a few weeks before. I can't say that I have seen this coming, though. I mean, if this thing says the truth, it is some sort of god, basically. And Amy is going to give birth to a demigod... That's not making her situation any easier, but it is also undeniably awesome. Although I bet she's now even more confused than before, after all this talk about demigods and different timelines. Anyway, for now this thing, deity, whatever it is, might be trustworthy. I doubt Jack has the brains to make these things up just to save his own skin and he definitely can't know that Amy is going to give birth to twins. Hell, at this point of the pregnancy no one can know it without using magical abilities, which definitely speaks in favour of Lykoi. In any way, right now I don't want to anger him by outright disagreeing or by checking in with Jinx first. Unless shadowling/demigod pregnancies work differently, Amy still has a few months to talk to Jinx about this and perhaps to find more information about this Lykoi. If it turns out that he is not what he claims to be, then the E.S.A. can hopefully still deal with him.

I also liked the part with Dalton, he seems to be a cool guy, for someone who died at the end of his introductory chapter. But considering that he's going to be back as a ghost, I'm looking forward for him. I wonder if the Alpha he fought against could be the Bloodboar, considering that they have similar ages according to the introductory post and since both, Bloodboar and this Alpha were mentioned to be splattered with the remains of their previous victims.

I apologise for the delay, I have had muscle pains in the past few days and it hurt to move around. The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Epis

• [Agree]

I apologise for the delay, I have had muscle pains in the past few days and it hurt to move around. The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Epis

• [Report to Jinx]

This is an interesting twist! I dont know if Lykoi can be trusted though, so I think maybe Amalia should report back to Jinx first and consider his advice before doing anything she could regret later. By the way I loved Daltons introduction :D

• [Agree]

Great to see this being back!

• Voting closed!

Amalia will agree to Lykoi's terms!

Next chapter will probably come out either today or tomorrow.

• The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 4

“Okay then, Lykoi” Amalia sighed. Hopefully she wouldn’t end up changing her mind at the last minute upon seeing her newborn child.

“Thank you Amalia, I understand how difficult it must be to give up your child, but I am the only one who can teach the demigod to use his abilities and without me teaching it then it could become evil and-” Lykoi began to say before a loud bloodcurdling howl ran throughout the town.

A large army of werewolves were approaching the town. In the middle of them all was a large, white Alpha werewolf, accompanied by an even larger three-headed dog. It was easily recognised as Cerberus, the killer of Larry Stain and countless other people who had tried to explore the hellish world that was Oblivion. There was someone riding it. A lean, scrawny red-haired teenage fairy with whom Amalia had seen with Odessa Leafweaver before her death.

The remaining E.S.A soldiers who had been scouting the town raised their guns at the supernatural canine army. Most of the bullets were absorbed like water on a sponge as the wound healed almost instantly.

One of the werewolves leapt into the air bearing its fangs, ready to tear Amalia and Lykoi into pieces. Suddenly, almost twice the size of the werewolf blew it into smithereens. Amalia looked over to see Jinx throwing fireballs and bolts of lightning at the werewolf army.

“Amalia! Jack! You both need to get out of this place now!” he roared.

The Alpha werewolf leapt onto Lykoi, its jaw wide open, revealing its past victim’s remains. Lykoi jammed one of his crutches into the Alpha’s empty left eye socket and the other between its jaws in an attempt to keep its fangs as far away from him as possible.

As Jinx prepared to blast the Alpha into Oblivion, Cerberus suddenly grabbed Jinx by the tail and hung him over the wide open mouth of one of the beast’s heads.

Amalia could see a pistol on the ground which she immediately picked up checked the ammo of. A single silver bullet was in there.

She could probably kill the Alpha with the silver bullet to save Lykoi or fire it at one of Cerberus’ heads which would hopefully startle Cerberus long enough to save Jinx.

[Save Lykoi]

[Save Jinx]

enter link description here

END OF BONUS EPISODE 1

The reason for this episode's short length was due to this basically being an introduction to The Midnight Hollow Chronicles. The next episodes will definitely be longer.

• edited October 2015

Oh sheet, things just got real. I wonder if the Phantom Feline is behind this attack, as it should be possible for him to bring Foxton and perhaps even Cerberus under his control, considering that he is part-Diablus. I also just realized, now that Jack is dead, Amy, Brail and the major are the only confirmed survivors of Midnight Hollow. By the way, the first sentence of this part brought a good point up. I haven't taken into consideration that Amy might develop motherly feelings for her child, which, now that I think about it, is very likely. Maybe she can work a deal out with Lykoi, something like visiting hours or shared custody.

[Save Lykoi]

That was a hard decision. In the end, I went for Lykoi. While Jinx is a proven good guy and very cool, Lykoi at least saved Amy's life during the fire. Also, if he said the truth and if he is the only one who can teach her demigod-baby to control its abilities, then he needs to stay alive, for her sake and for the babies sake. And finally, while she has a realistic chance of killing the Alpha, or at least, wounding it enough to defeat it, as she did with Larry, she can only hope to startle Cerberus long enough to save Jinx. That's quite the gamble and could result in the deaths of Jinx and Lykoi. It is also bound to attract Cerberus' attention and while she can probably outrun the Alpha, I doubt she can do the same with Cerberus.

By the way, very nice choice of music :)

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 4 “Okay then, Lykoi” Amalia sighed. Hopefully she wouldn’t end up changing

• edited October 2015

[Save Lykoi]

Fuck..

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 1: Revelations Chapter 4 “Okay then, Lykoi” Amalia sighed. Hopefully she wouldn’t end up changing

• I am still curious about where Alexander ended up

• [Save Lykoi]

Damn, I like Jinx. But what Lykoi just said about Amalias demigod baby turning evil without him makes me think that his death could be even worse than Jinx death in the future.

• Voting closed!

Amalia will save Lykoi!

The next episode will come out next week but here's a small teaser:

J*** J*: As the new leader of the E.S.A I hereby declare a supernatural Inquisition to be formed!

Joker: This "Dark Eclipse Pack" is proving to be quite a nuisance!

The Phantom Feline: If I can possess this demigod, then the world will be mine!

• It has been some time :) When will the next episode come out?

• I apologize for the wait, but the next episode probably will not start until January. The reason why is because I have been working on a proper, fully-fledged novel and have been trying to craft an original story and lore for it, which is not easy these days because when ever I come up with a new idea I usually discover that there is a series similar to it.

janitor posted: »

It has been some time When will the next episode come out?

• That is cool, dont rush it! I was just curious but I can definitely wait for it. This story is awesome and I know its worth the wait.

I apologize for the wait, but the next episode probably will not start until January. The reason why is because I have been working on a pro

• As a small teaser I will reveal that the first chapter will have an extremely big choice that will determine the rest of the story and you'll all either love it or hate it.

• The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 2: Dark Eclipse Chapter 1

The silver bullet hit the giant white beast between the eyes, killing it immediately. It dropped Lykoi to the ground, in which he clawed away at the soil in an attempt to drag himself away from the dying beast. Amalia looked over at Jinx, who was now held over one of the Cerberus head’s massive jaws.

“I hope I give you the shits you fucking plum” Jinx spat as he was dropped down the beast’s throat.

“NO! WE CAN’T LET JINX-” Lykoi began to yell before Ragtail Wolfodar in his werewolf form leapt in front of him and slashed Lykoi in the gut with his long, sharp claws, causing him to scream in pain as a stream of blood poured from the wound.

“No!” Amalia cried.

The Dark Eclipse werewolves began circling Amalia, fangs bared. Amalia dropped the pistol and closed her eyes. She knew it was all over.

Suddenly, Cerberus began to start shaking violently, as if something inside was moving around. The three-headed hellhound then exploded into pieces whilst also scaring the werewolves away. Something black and furry fell from its falling remains. It was Jinx.

Jinx looked up at Amalia, covered in demonic dog innards and smiled at her triumphantly, and then the sharp blade of a greatsword suddenly cut deep into the magical feline’s neck, immediately decapitating him. Foxton Moonwisp looked at Amalia with pure hatred as he held the now bloodied greatsword high up in the air, ready to slash her abdomen open and take the demigod infant. Lykoi somehow managed to quickly limp towards the rogue fairy and stab him numerous times in the jugular, causing Foxton to fall to the ground, drowning in a pool of his own corrupted blood.

“Amalia! We have to go!” Lykoi cried, offering his bloody hand to her. Amalia took one last look at the headless corpse of Jinx before grabbing Lykoi’s hand running into the nearby woods.

They had been running for a good half an hour into the seemingly endless dark forest, before Lykoi suddenly fell to the ground, clutching his gut wound and weeping quietly.

“Let me take a look at that” Amalia said, gently moving Lykoi’s hands from the wound.

“Oh my God” Amalia gasped.

“What? What is it?” Lykoi asked, before looking down at his wound. His intestines were hanging out.

“Can’t we just… tuck it back in?” Amalia asked.

Lykoi then began to violently vomit out streams of blood. He began gagging and choking before finally managing to form words.

“J-Jinx.. must not die” he spluttered. “He’s a part of the Dragon Prophecies”.

“If he died then they must be bullshit!” Amalia exclaimed.

“No, this must mean that you’re going to have to go back in time to save him” Lykoi explained.

He searched around in his trouser pocket until he pulled out a glowing rainbow crystal.

“This is a Quantum Rock, it will send you back in time” he said. “However this is different to a time portal, as it will reverse time rather than send you back, meaning you will no longer be pregnant”.

“So this child will no longer exist?” Amalia sighed.

“He will, in an alternate universe which I will go and fetch him from once I return to my deity form” Lykoi breathed, starting to lose consciousness.

A loud howling echoed throughout the forest, and the pounding of a thousand werewolf paws upon the Scottish soil thundered through the ground.

“Look, this body is going to bleed out and die and I won’t be able to do much for you until I’m back in deity form. This Quantum Rock will take you to December 4th 1970, a day before the first murder, allowing you to interrupt the Dark Eclipse ritual to resurrect Diablus and prevent all of this crazy shit from ever happening” Lykoi grunted.

[Go back in time]

[Refuse]

• [Go back in time]

Okay... if that works, then it's going to be the most awesome thing ever. I mean, she could basically prevent all the bad stuff from ever happening, could prevent Diablus from being summoned and all these people from getting killed. On the negative side, I'm sure this is going to be incredibly dangerous for her and after all she survived (or... well, you know what I mean), I'd hate to put her into such a danger once more. However, Lykoi seems to be convinced this is something that needs to be done and that Jinx is very important. And staying in the present time won't be much safer, considering that there are a thousand werewolves hunting her. She might be able to outrun them, but definitely not forever. There's also the thing, perhaps she won't be completely on her own, considering that there are some characters who are still alive back in the past and could be able to help. Characters like Hope Kat or Barry or Lykoi in his deity form or... holy shit, she could also save Lucius' life! On the downside, this also means that Diablus, Foxton, Don and the other bad guys would still be alive. But considering that resurrection and necromancy is a thing, I'm not sure if there even is a safe way for Diablus to stay dead, so, all in all this sounds like an opportunity too good to miss.

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 2: Dark Eclipse Chapter 1 The silver bullet hit the giant white beast between the eyes, killing it

• [Go back in time]

Nice part :D

The Midnight Hollow Chronicles Episode 2: Dark Eclipse Chapter 1 The silver bullet hit the giant white beast between the eyes, killing it

• [Go back in time]

• Voting closed!

Time travel initiated.

• God i almost missed everything. I was looking in the forum games section to see how long its been since i posted and see this Apparently i accidentally un-followed and missed 2 parts!!!!!

• I just realized that this story is over a year old now and I unintentionally posted the first Dark Eclipse chapter on its first anniversary.

• Cool :).

I just realized that this story is over a year old now and I unintentionally posted the first Dark Eclipse chapter on its first anniversary.

• I am bad at remembering specific dates, but I feel like I should have remembered that one. Happy belated birthday, Midnight Hollow!

I just realized that this story is over a year old now and I unintentionally posted the first Dark Eclipse chapter on its first anniversary.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.