What Comes After(A Walking Dead Fan-Fic)

Comments

• Nope. I left this open on purpose. I don't like directing the story too much with both of my characters at once.

Thomas Reed I opened my eyes as I heard the radio come on. "Zayne why are you telling them where we are? How do you know we can trust him

• edited December 2014

~Jim Parker~

Jim hears the other guy mention a military zone.

"I won't need it, I've got a rifle, the bandits will do the job for me...I just have to wait for them to catch up, then I'll fire the first shot. They'll shoot back, and then we have the city come down on them. Simple as that" Jim smiles.

• Zayne

"Well , emmmm bye?"

• edited December 2014

~Jim Parker~

"Bye. We just need to wait for the bandits to get here...I'll find a good place to be when they get here. Just make sure your group is ready when the shit hits the fan, and go north, it's your best bet. I'll give you a call when they get here. Jim...Out"

• Zayne

"Okay , so who are you other guy?" , i say talking to the guy who said that have supplies

• ~Jim Parker~

Jim puts the walkie-talkie back in his pocket. He looks at the tunnel to the sewers, he starts walking back up the hill. He stands above the tunnel and looks at the city. Then he sees it, a billboard, he starts running to it and once he arrives he begins climbing up the ladder, he pulls out his rifle and begins looking at the city. He sees the building, it was a good ways away, but the dead would come, they always do. He sits himself down and waits. He sees dots from where he came, Jim pulls the sniper rifle out, the billboard was facing the east, he would have to lean out to get a shot, but he would give him good cover. He looks, they were too far away, he'll have to wait...

Jim take the walkie-talkie out again and holds down the button. "It's Jim again, I think i see them, they'll pretty far away, you have some time to get ready. You...You said you were a group of 6, you got to get them to leave with you." Jim looks down and sees some of the dead were approaching the billboard. coming after him.

"I don't have a lot of time before they got here, everyone in the building needs to be ready, try...Try not to leave anyone behind...I'll keep the dead here as long as i can. Let's hope i don't die before you get out of the city. And I can keep the dead off you until i run out of ammo, so your'll still have a lot of time even after the bandits are dead. Just make sure you get your people out of there."

(I don't want to start the plan until everyone's ready, but once the bandits get there Jim will start the plan, although Jim can still keep the walkers there for as much time as he has ammo, so once it does start you'll still have a lot of time. And you don't even have to go through with the plan if you don't want too, so you can let Jim's sacrifice be in vain, if you want too)

• edited December 2014

Deago Meadows

Deago listens as Jim's line pooled away, Jim now likely forever gone. Dead and buried. Deago sighed, realizing the only one he had to talk to was the boy on the other end of the radio. He would talk to Nick, but...you know. Deago pressed the button on the walkie-talkie, and began to speak once more. "I'm Deago Meadows. Multimedia teacher, from Louisiana. I'm with Nick Andros. He's a deaf-mute, just so you know, so he can't hear you. Now, who are you, and your...group."

Deago decided he was not going to try and drive through that horde, instead preferring to stay in his truck and watch. He shut the engine off to reserve the battery, and watched the horde, waiting for a response. He also decided to respect Jim's wishes. He did not come over to fight the bandits.

• edited December 2014

Sorry i reply to this by accident

Deago Meadows Deago listens as Jim's line pooled away, Jim now likely forever gone. Dead and buried. Deago sighed, realizing the only one

• Zayne

You heard about what Jim said. It was sad to someone like him go just like that but at leasr he did with a reason and in a heroic way. You also heard what Deago said. You never went to Louisiana , so you just thought that was a nice place. You decided to respond: "Well , i´m Zayne Pattinson i have 13 years old and i am from New Jersey. I just the group , but they are Riley , who goes from being a bitch to having a panic attack in 5 seconds. Aaron , who dislikes me because i shot him in the hand. Thomas is the guy in wheelchair. Anton seems a bit rude and Melody who is a calm version of Riley. And also a new girl who i hadn´t the chance to talk to. Where are you? , because i told you where i am"

• Deago Meadows

Deago smiled, and looked up at the building, wondering if the boy was looking down at them. "Okay. I'm just downy he street, away front our building. I'm in a blue pickup truck. If you look out the window you should be able to just see me."

(I'm probably stopping here, as I want to give time for some of the others to post.)

• Anton

Anton kept listening throughout this whole ordeal. "The hell were you doing, Zayne...", said Anton. "Telling these guys who we are, maybe even tell 'em how we look?". Anton walked away a bit, and leaned against the wall. "And what's the deal with this guy, Jim? Why would he go out of his way to try and save us? Maybe we should help him, instead of him helping us".

The next moment Deago responded again. This time, Anton asked for walkie-talkie, which Zayne hesitantly gave him. "So... you must be Deago. Since the kid decided it was a good time to tell two strangers at once who we are, and where, I don't really see the point of lying. I'm Anton, nice to meet you, I guess. So, you're really fine with letting that guy, Jim, die?"

• I've written her to be like Sarah, I did it on purpose, kind of to pose as the "shitbird" of the group, but, I'll toughen her up a little for the sake of the plot :p

Yeah. I don't think finding Thomas is means for breaking down.

• Riley

Fuck, I've never had panic attacks like this before. "Look, I'm fucking sorry about this shit, I understand if you want me to leave the group, I think I'm just becoming a burden at this point. Fuck, I really fucked up this time..." I say as I put my face in my hands. Don't cry, do not fucking cry. "I'm just gonna go sit down and come to my senses.... FUCK!" I mumble as I walk over to the staircase and sit down. I lay my head in my knees and relax a little.

• Deago Meadows

Hearing the boy, Zayne, disappear from the radio's output and a new voice, the one of Anton, popped up instead. Deago swallowed, his Adam's Apple bobbing up and down. Was he really okay with letting Jim die? The voice asked him on the other end, and Deago let out a deep sigh. "I'm not really. But, if there are as many bandits as he implied...well, we won't make it. He made that clear. He sounded like...sounded like he wanted to die. I'm not for it, but it's best to respect a man's last wishes, I suppose."

• Anton

Anton sighed. "Yeah, maybe it is. Let's try and not make his sacrifice pointless, then. So, how far are you from our location? Would be able to get through?"

• Deago Meadows

Deago sniffed as he waited for Anton's response, and nodded to himself and Nick. "We're about...four blocks away from the building. I can see the roamers, or, well, whatever you want to call them, from here." He pursed his lips for a second, and then pressed the button on the walkie-talkie once more. "Listen, I think when Jim distracts them and you guys get out of there, maybe you can jump into this truck I have. You said there were six of you, right? Two can fit in the back, and four more can fit in the bed of the truck. Sound good?"

• Anton

Anton hesitated for a second. "Yeah, I think we'll be able to fit in. You sure about this, though?"

• Aaron

The girl with a bow and arrow seem harmless. Well, not harmless, but... uh... she didn't seem like she wanted to kill us. I decided that there was no harm in letting her into the building. "You can come over here, if you want." I said, wondering if she actually would. Sera responded by putting her bow over her should and walking over to Thomas. "Hello WHM. I saved you." she said, smiling. What the fuck is a WHM...? Nevermind. Not important right now.

I walked over to Anton and the walkie talkie that he now held. "You said there were six of you, right?" the man on the radio said. "What about the girl with a bow? I don't think we should just leave her. What do you think, Anton? Can we trust this guy on the radio?" I asked. I looked to my right and saw Riley having some sort of breakdown because she had already suffered from too many breakdowns? Oh well. As long as she isn't unconscious.

• Yeah, it's fine. It's just, for a girl who acts so tough it doesn't make sense for her to have so many breakdowns. It's fine if she has occasional panic attacks, but I'd prefer if it wasn't too frequent.

Ercajayme posted: »

I've written her to be like Sarah, I did it on purpose, kind of to pose as the "shitbird" of the group, but, I'll toughen her up a little for the sake of the plot

• Deago Meadows

Deago stopped himself, staring at the walkie-talkie. Was he prepared for this? Did he really want it? This group already sounded like they had some major problems themselves, not too sure if he'd want them with him. But...he needed to stick to somebody. Besides, who else was going to listen to his Rolling Stones CD with him? Not Nick, that's for sure. Deago smiled, and pressed the button on the walkie-talkie. "I'm sure about this."

• Anton

Anton turned to Aaron and said "I don't know, really. Some random guy appears on a radio and tells us he can save us? Well, that's some fucking miracle, if you ask me. But, if there's a horde around here, I don't know how we can avoid it. There are only two of them, so, we should be fine, I guess. As for this girl... I'll ask, but I wouldn't hold my breath". Anton turned the radio on and asked Deago "Hey, we might get one person more to come with us... Could we still get everyone on board in that case?"

• Deago Meadows

Deago listened to Anton's question and then looked in the back. "It doesn't look like anyone else can fit." He whispered to Nick, who nodded. He seemed puzzled about the conversation they had been having on the radio. "We're going to try and fit their group in our truck. See if you can find anything that may do." Nick complied, looking around and finally seeing something. He took out his notebook and wrote "There's a minivan with a trailer on it over there." Deago looked to where Nick had pointed, and seeing a bright green minivan with an old, worn out wooden trailer behind it, smiled. "We can see a trailer just up ahead. We can try and get it over to the truck. If you guys distract the roamers for us. You don't have to do much, just sort of bang on the walls or whatever. Just down thing for a minute or so."

• Anton

"Okay, we'll see if anything can be done on our end", said Anton and turned the radio off. "Well, this means we'll have to go and distract some of the dead if we want to get everyone on that truck, or trailer or whatever. You're up for it, Aaron?"

• edited December 2014

~Jim Parker~

Jim sits on the billboard waiting, listening to make they were saying about him over the walkie-talke, he just looked at the horizon. He pulled the rifle out again and looked around the landscape, he couldn't see the dots anymore, a lot of time had passed between then and now, but where did they go. Jim looks around the area, but then sees them climbing out of the creek bed and they start walking to the city. Jim takes a quick look around the billboard and counts how many of them there are, still 27...Jim pulls out the walkie-talkie and puts it to his mouth while holding down the button. "There here, give me a few minutes to get the dead walking"

Jim readies his rifle and takes one shot hitting a bandit in the shoulder. The first shots makes a noise that rings out for miles. Jim quickly hides behind the billboard again. But then a spay of bullets fire through the billboard leaving holes where the light pasted through. Jim gets hit about 4-5 times in the legs and starts to loss his balance, he drops the rifle and walkie-talke on the billboard's platform and starts to fall, but grabs hold of the edge of the platform, and holds on as he tries to pull himself back up. Jim sees under the billboard and watches as the dead do their thing. The dead start going after the bandits. Jim hears the bandits scream as they are eaten. Jim blocks it all out while he pulls himself back onto the platform, he sits down and then falls on his back.

Jim reaches for the walkie-talkie and holds down the button. "I've taken care of the bandits...I've been shot up, pretty badly, I...I killed 27 men, with one bullet, I'll continue to keep the dead around here until I'm out of ammo...Or have died from blood loss, I'll...I'll like to know where you plan on going, once your out of the city, if i made it out of this...I'd like to know where to find you...Bad joke" Jim laughed into the walkie-talkie.

"Just don't waste the time I've given you, please...If you hear a shot every here and there...That's me, you got to leave while you have the chance, I'm...The...The few blocks around me are covered with the dead, don't try everything stupid, ya hear me. The dead won't be completely gone, so watch yourself. I'm getting rid of the walkie-talkie now...No need for it anymore, good luck" Jim lets go of the button and tosses into the herd of the dead. Jim takes the rifle up again and fires another shot into the air.

~Jim is now unknown, i guess...~

(Anyway, that's the end of Jim's story, I'll ask that none of you try to save him because I'm going out of town for Christmas, i won't be able to write while I'm gone, let's just say every here and there you can hear a gunshot, or something like that. Anyway, merry Christmas!!!)

• edited December 2014

Riley

After a couple minutes of resting I finally came to my senses, I walk over to the group and stand next to them. "Alright, so wants the plan?" I ask calmly, trying to assure them that I'm okay and perfectly calm. "Because I'm good now, but uh... if you think I'm a liability then I'd be more then happy to go, not that I don't like you guys I just don't want to cause any trouble, but uh, yeah." I say to the group nervously, I know that I won't survive on my own but I'd rather they live and I die than me living and them dying. It makes more sense to sacrifice one for many than to sacrifice many for one.

• Zayne

"Riley , you are not a liabilty , can you understand that? And for the plan yous should ask Anton"-You said to Riley

• See, I kind of based Riley off of me and I am quite similar, I tend to act tough but at night if I'm out alone I will probably have a panic attack on the way home. I'm kind of strange because I act tough as shit like when I broke my foot I walked on it for 3 weeks before I decided to go to the hospital but if I hear a loud noise outside at night or see people on my yard at night I panic. I am a gross Becca and Sarah hybrid. Cringes

Yeah, it's fine. It's just, for a girl who acts so tough it doesn't make sense for her to have so many breakdowns. It's fine if she has occasional panic attacks, but I'd prefer if it wasn't too frequent.

• :O You are Secca.

To be serious, I hope I didn't offend you by saying what I did.

Ercajayme posted: »

See, I kind of based Riley off of me and I am quite similar, I tend to act tough but at night if I'm out alone I will probably have a panic

• Oh my gosh no lol you didn't offend me at all :p

:O You are Secca. To be serious, I hope I didn't offend you by saying what I did.

• .....................Who is going to continue? because the last part was mine , so.....

• It's... It was Christmas people are probably doing stuff. Let's just give it a rest for a couple days.

supersagig posted: »

.....................Who is going to continue? because the last part was mine , so.....

• edited December 2014

K, sorry.

It's... It was Christmas people are probably doing stuff. Let's just give it a rest for a couple days.

• Heeeeey....

• ...Hello.

Zyphon posted: »

Heeeeey....

It's... It was Christmas people are probably doing stuff. Let's just give it a rest for a couple days.

• edited January 2015

Um...

Alt text

• Since the thread suddenly went inactive, and Zyphon never got around to actually write anything, I'm pretty sure we are.

Um...

• Alt text

Lingvort posted: »

Since the thread suddenly went inactive, and Zyphon never got around to actually write anything, I'm pretty sure we are.

• Well.

Uh...

I have a feeling the death of this may have been largely due to my month long break - my apologies. I'm up for a re-revival if you guys are.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.