River that's Run Red [Interactive TWD Story,Chatacter Submission Open, Chapter 2]

Comments

• YOU DID THE SAME THING IN MY THREAD.

BlueShadiw posted: »

your vote was a different option and would have caused a 3-way flip

• Shhhhhhh You need to learn to let things go, Raging :P

YOU DID THE SAME THING IN MY THREAD.

• ”Let the walkers get what’s left.”

James Actually listen I shook my head and sigh. “Fine, I suppose you have a point. I wheel the truck around and take the detour. A lit

• "Let The walkers get what's left"

James Actually listen I shook my head and sigh. “Fine, I suppose you have a point. I wheel the truck around and take the detour. A lit

• Miles

You chose to leave the man for the walkers

James looks at me, then shakes his head. “He’s done. The walkers will finish the job. We need to hurry up to help those two.” He lowered his gun and the two of us walked to the entrance where the last guy was. Over our shoulders, we heard his threats.

“You’ll fucking regret this! No one shots me and leaves me for dead, assholes! You’ll-”

We ignored him as best we could and walked inside.

Usui

I round the corner after climbing back up the stairs to see Santiago struggling with a man quite larger than him. He had him pinned, and was likely to crush him to death if he stayed that way. Readying my blade, I rush him. He barely gets enough time to stand up before I slice his hand off. Blood began to spew from his limb, and he screamed in pain. He dropped to the floor and continued to hold his bleeding arm. He doesn’t scream for long, because a fatal bullet lodges itself in his head. I turn and see Santiago with his gun drawn. He lowers it and starts breathing heavily.

“...Good riddance. That guy almost…”

“What happened? Are you hurt?”

He shakes his head. “He just tried to shoot me and crush me, nothing else other than that. His gun should be over by the generator, I smacked it away with my crutch.”

Upon retrieving the gun, I heard noises that sounded like footsteps. They weren’t slow, like walkers. I leaned against the wall with the gun in my hand. Santiago did the same, but he was on the opposite wall. The footsteps kept getting closer with each passing moment.

1)Turn around and shoot at the footsteps

2)Wait for them to walk by and then ambush them

Elvira

It has been three months since Quirk made those people leave our camp, and much has happened to our group in that time. We’ve found survivors to join us and supplies to last, and everyone was doing their part. Greg’s posted sentries all around the camp with set times to switch in, although he still finds time to fiddle with that knife of his. Jonathan’s supply team always comes back with food, not once have they come back empty handed. I’ve gotten better at patching up smaller injuries here and there, but nothing serious has happened to require my best. Josephine and Quirk have somehow gotten together, which has gotten everyone in high spirits. Speaking of Quirk, he seems...distanced. Despite being our leader and the four of us having ‘joint custody’, he only ever talks with Jonathan, Greg, Josephine, and, on occasion, Jose. I wonder what he has on his mind…

My thoughts were interrupted when Thomas walks up to me and hands me some bread. “Your rations for the day, Vira.”

I smile and accept them. “How was your supply run today?”

He sits down and smiles. “Same old same old, some walkers tried to get us, but we fought through with little effort. I’d much rather be here with you, though.” He wraps his arm around me and smiles. After we embrace for a few moments, one of the survivors walks up to us. He must be new, because I don’t recognize him.

“Hey, are you Thomas?” He asks.

Thomas stands up. “Yes, what is it?”

“Jonathan said that he needs to see you real quick. Something about the next plans for a supply run.”

Thomas sighs and turns to me. “I need to go for a sec.”

“It’s fine Thomas, you’ve got a job to do like all of us. I’ll be here later.” He smiles and starts walking with the new guy.

As I look around the camp for familiar faces, I spot a few. Quirk was talking to some people over near the trees, Josephine was playing with Jose, and I think I saw Jerry from across the camp. Then again, I could just wait here for Thomas.

1)Talk to Quirk

2)Talk to Josephine

3)Talk to Jerry

4)Wait for Thomas

Man, babysitting takes a lot of time out of your weekend. Decided to put some Elvira in there too, to lengthen the part. Voting ends at 3 PM EST tomorrow, happy voting :)

• 2)Wait for them to walk by and then ambush them

2)Talk to Josephine

Miles You chose to leave the man for the walkers James looks at me, then shakes his head. “He’s done. The walkers will finish the job.

• 2)Wait for them to walk by and then ambush them - Don't want to outright shoot a potential survivor/ally. It would probably be better to get them at gunpoint and talking.

1)Talk to Quirk - Maybe we'll find out why he's been distant.

Miles You chose to leave the man for the walkers James looks at me, then shakes his head. “He’s done. The walkers will finish the job.

• Wait for them to walk by and then ambush them

Talk to Quirk

I don't go by shoot first ask questions later.

4)Wait for Thomas

I'm antisocial.

2)Talk to Josephine

Great part!

• edited November 2015

Well, I'm gonna need a tiebreaker for the second vote before I can end voting. If there's no new outcome in 30 minutes, I'll have to flip one of those weird four sided die. Thankfully, there's an app for that.

Voting has ended!

Usui and Santiago will ambush the footsteps!

Elvira will talk to Quirk.

• Usui

Guerilla Warfare

I motioned for Santiago to stay still. The two of us laid flat up against the wall in an attempt to stay hidden. The footsteps continued to get closer, and eventually, I could see two shadows on the floor. I look at Santiago and point to the shadows, showing three fingers. I then count down with two, then one. After that, we spring from behind cover and aim our guns right at them. We don’t shoot immediately however, because one of them turned around to reveal their face. Miles holds his hands up instinctively, and lowers them when he recognizes us.

“Jesus, you two. That’s some impressive ambushing skills you have.”

We lower our guns as the other man faces us, who turns out to be James. “Thank god you’re alive. Are either of you hurt?”

Santiago shakes his head and I show him my slash wound. Needless to say, he looks pissed. I quickly explain what had transpired. James’s expression somehow gets worse after he hears about the two bandits.

“We just fought off some ourselves. It looked like they knew we were coming, but we got the drop on them.”

“How many did you kill?” I asked.

“Just two, one of them warned them just in time before he ran off. The last guy we left for dead after roughing him up a bit.”

Miles turns to look at the generator. “So, this must be it. Those bastards must’ve been trying to snatch it from you. I’m sorry you two had to deal with that.”

“Eh, I’ve been through worse than a little slice.” I tell him.

Santiago walks to the generator as he responds. “Just doing what needed to be done.”

Miles brushes the back of his head with his free hand. “Well...let’s just get this back home, I bet it’ll brighten everyone’s mood to hear you’re both safe.”

James and I carried the generator while Santiago walked with Miles. They were talking and Miles somehow made Santiago laugh. Miles’s smile faded however, when we were at the bushes James and he had supposedly had that bandit fight. Two corpses lay there, but between them was a red streak that curled left and continued onward towards the forest...

Danny De Carlo

I had to run. They could catch up to me at any moment, the only chance I had was to run. I had never run so much in my life, it felt like my heart could burst open out of my chest at any moment. I jumped over some logs that had been there god knows how long, and my stamina was not the greatest known out of my peers.

“Damn...they were certainly right when they said it wouldn't be as fun running around like this as it was in my videogames…”

I took a second to look behind me to see if anyone was following me, but as I did I tripped over a tree root. I fell flat on my face with a loud thud. When I attempted to peel my face off the ground, a group of walkers took notice of my blunder. They turned around and started shambling towards me. My eyes widened and I scrambled to pick myself up. My speed increased as my fear did the same. When I was one hundred percent sure that I had outran them, I stopped to catch my breath. Afterwards, I surveyed my surroundings to gain some bearings to where I was.

“Shit, oh come on! Which way was it?”

1)Go Straight

2)Go left

3)Hide in a tree

And with that, all of the current characters have been introduced! Voting will end at 4 PM EST tomorrow, since I feel like writing that day. Happy voting! :)

• 2)Go left

No right? XD. It's okay, left is totally my direction, nothing could possibly go wrong!... Right?!

Usui Guerilla Warfare I motioned for Santiago to stay still. The two of us laid flat up against the wall in an attempt to stay hidden.

• Go Straight

Usui Guerilla Warfare I motioned for Santiago to stay still. The two of us laid flat up against the wall in an attempt to stay hidden.

• 2)Go left

Great part!!!

• 2)Go left

• That moment when rain stops you from coming home at 4

Voting has ended! Danny will go left!

• edited November 2015

Elvira

Talk to Quirk

I got up from the log I was sitting on and began walking towards Quirk. The people he was talking to looked new, and he was most likely introducing himself. By the time I get there, they all disperse and he sighs. When he sees me, his expression changes.

“Ah, Elvira. Just the person I wanted to see today.” His voice seemed the same, but I could tell he was trying to hide his exhaustion.

“Hey there, Quirk. I was just wondering about the...new people we’ve got with us.” I tried to come up with a conversation topic, hoping he would reveal even a little.

“Well,” He started, “Jonathan actually found them all earlier today during one of his runs. Apparently they were holed up in an old financial building in Macon. We have no idea how they survived that long…”

“I see. Well, more people means more medicine that’s needed. We’re running low, Quirk.”

He rubs his forehead and shakes his head. “Elvira, why are you just now telling me this? You’re supposed to be in charge of that!”

I raise my arms, dumbfounded. “I’ve been trying to tell you, but whenever I got the chance you were ‘busy’ or ‘preoccupied’.”

His gaze meets mine. “Have you? I’m sorry, Elvira. It’s stressful being in charge of all these people, I must’ve forgotten…”

“Well, alright then. I was just confused since you seemed to have time for the other joint members.” I lower my arms and smile. Maybe he wasn’t avoiding me, after all.

“We didn’t have a higher need for medicine than supplies and protection back then, I’m afraid. I’ll inform Jonathan to look out for some meds, then. Thank you.” He looks to one of Jonathan’s runners and taps him on his shoulder. “Go and get Jonathan for me, tell him it’s important.” The man nods and runs off.

“Well, I’ll be going now. Thanks for your time, Quirk.” He nods, and I begin to walk away. On my way back, Jose runs to me and pulls on my arm.

“Hm? What is it, Jose?” I ask him. He turns and points to his mother, who has shifted positions from her original spot to the trees near I was. It looked like she was crying.

Danny

Left is right

“Ah, of course! It was left!” I sigh with relief as I recall the correct directions. I make a sharp left turn and continue on for a few minutes. When I reached a clearing, I stopped to look around. I spotted the camp a few yards away, and I move quickly across the clearing to get to it. When I arrive, I’m greeted with two of the guards. They aim their guns at me, and I raise my arms in the air.

“Wait, don’t shoot! It’s Danny!” They lower their weapons, but one of them looks around.

“Where are Geoff and the others?”

I lowered my head and frowned. “I think...I think I might be the only one left.”

“Shit...you’re gonna have to talk to the Boss, then. You know he’s gonna wanna know.”

“Yeah, I know…” I walk past them and into the camp. The people inside aren’t too pleased to see me, since I’m the only one that’s come back. Most of them are packing some kind of heat, even the teenagers. I kept on walking through the camp, stopping at the Boss’s tent. One of his guards stops me, then realizes who I am.

“Boss, Danny’s back from the trip.”

“Good, do they have it?” A voice echoes back towards us.

“Doesn’t look like it, he’s the only one back so far.”

Noises that sound like items shuffling around could be heard from the tent before the Boss gets out. He was quite a large man, but with more muscle than fat. He wore a beanie over his messy, grey hair, and his beard looked a little more ragged than when I last saw him. He was probably stressing over our mission. Not many people knew his real name, so most of us took to simply calling him ‘The Boss’. The moment he steps out, his gaze pierces me. It was not one of anger or rage, merely a look of disappointment.
    “Sit, Danny.” I turn to my left and grab a log sitting next to his tent. After I position myself, he begins questioning me.

“I can get a good grasp on what happened already, but where is everyone else?”

“I don’t know about most of them, I went with Geoff and David at first. But...Mason’s group is most likely dead. The last time I saw him, they were about to be ambushed. I tried to warn them, but I think they saw me. That’s when-”

I was interrupted by a familiar voice, one that I thought I’d never hear again.

“That little shit is lying! He le- ACKK!” I turned around and confirmed my fears. Mason was standing there, being propped up by the two guards from earlier. He was covered in blood, and I wasn’t sure most of it was his. When he tried to yell, he coughed up some blood.

“Mason. It’s great to see you again, but I was talking to Danny.”

“I’m sorry, but he’s trying to fill your head with bull..shit..!” He pointed at me and gave me the angriest look I’ve ever seen, even from the kids at school. “He didn’t warn us for our sake, he just pointed at us and ran like a coward!”

The Boss looked at me. “Are these claims true, Danny? I want to hear it from you.”

1)”It’s true…”

2)”He’s lying…”

Eddie

It’s been three months since my world’s been crushed. It wasn’t bad enough when my wife, Clara, left me due to my dumb decisions, but the apocalypse had to happen soon after. The next time I saw her, she was one of those creatures with a knife lodged in her skull. After that, I had taken my two children and attempted to flee Macon, hoping there was some way out of this outside the city. On the way out, we ran into these two women and I gave them a lift. Apparently they tried to escape with another group, but got separated. Most of those things were outsped, and the ones that weren’t were splattered onto the pavement. In no time at all, we had escaped Macon. The five of us had discovered this abandoned farm that was stockpiled with everything we ever could’ve needed. Food, water, shelter, you name it. Everything was finally going good for us, but then it happened...

Got a sudden flood of ideas for the later chapters, so I had to finish writing those down before I could finish this. Voting will end at 5 PM EST instead of 3 due to the late upload. Happy voting :)

• 2)”He’s lying…” This way, we at least got a chance. Just claim he's delirious from blood loss or something.

Oh, Eddie. Short and ominous. I like.

Elvira Talk to Quirk I got up from the log I was sitting on and began walking towards Quirk. The people he was talking to looked new,

• "He's Lying.."

No addidtional commentaries, just fantastic work

Elvira Talk to Quirk I got up from the log I was sitting on and began walking towards Quirk. The people he was talking to looked new,

• 2)”He’s lying…”

• Alright, for some reason I thought the voting ended later than 5...welp.

Voting has ended!

Danny will claim Mason is lying!

• I apologize for the long wait, but I had family over for Thanksgiving break. I barely got any time to myself, let alone any time to write for a few hours. The next part will get finished and posted today :)

• Danny

You chose to blame Mason

I lowered my gaze and answered him. “He’s lying…”

“What the fuck?!” Mason’s rage had hit a boiling point from my answer, and one of the guards had to get a better grip on him to keep him from falling over. The Boss closed his eyes and sighed, then walked over to Mason. I turned behind me out of instinct.

“Y-You can’t believe him! He’s a dirty liar trying to save his sk-” Before he got a chance to finish, the Boss unsheathed his machete and buried it in Mason’s throat. His right hand tried to grab at the fatal wound on his neck, but was stopped when the Boss shoved it away.

“You know our rules, Mason. Liars...They tear groups apart from the inside.” He then motioned for the guards to let go of him, and Mason’s body fell to the ground, sliding off the machete.

“Take his body far away from here, he’ll turn soon.” The guards nodded and walked away with Mason’s corpse, blood still dripping from his neck. Boss walked back over to me and pulled some cloth out from his pocket.

“That wasn’t your fault, Danny. Don’t think otherwise.” He had started cleaning the blood off of his machete when two people walked up to us. I recognized one of them immediately, but I didn’t know the other.

“Hey Alec, how’s it going?” I asked when the two approached.

“Danny? It’s...Wait, wasn’t that Mason back there?”

After I explain the situation and what had happened with our mission, he shook his head in disappointment. “That dick. It was his turn to help scavenge and he goes and gets himself killed. Now we need a replacement…” The man behind Alec looks about as pissed, if not more than him.

The Boss finishes cleaning his weapon and addresses the three of us. “If that’s the case, take Danny with you. Since he and the others failed to get that generator, he’ll need to redeem himself.” He then hands me a map, containing areas we can scavenge. Several spots are circled in red, including a hospital. “That’s your next job, you three. Get it done.” After that, the Boss returns to his tent and the two guards outside of it get back in position.

The man with Alec takes the map from my hands and reads it. “The hospital? That place is crawling with em. Won’t be easy.”

Alec chuckles. “It never is, Jake. How else could we earn our keep?”

Elvira

“There’s no way…” I was in shock from the things Josephine was telling me, but it all sounded crazy. “That’s not true, Josephine!”

She started crying more and more. “It’s true, you have to believe me…”

“Maybe...maybe you just THINK you saw it, but you actually saw something else, you know? You’ve been working hard recently, maybe you’re just seeing things-”

“I’m not crazy, Elvira. I know things when I see them and I saw it, ok?” Jose was staring at his mother in silence.

“I don’t think you’re crazy, Josephine. I just want you to hear me out, alright?” I kept trying to calm her down, but she continued rambling on.

“That’s not even the worst thing. A few months back, a-”

“And what are you two ladies talking about, hm?” Greg was standing behind us, a curious expression on his face.

“How long have you been eavesdropping on us?” I asked, a bit shocked to suddenly see him there.

“Long enough to see some people forget their jobs, apparently. You got a patient, ‘Dr Vira’.” He looked at Josephine next. “Oh, and Quick wanted to see you and the kid.”
    Josephine took the opportunity of Greg talking to me to wipe the tears from her eyes before Greg could see them. “Alright, we’re going. Come on, Jose.” She grabbed his hand and started walking away with Greg, turning around to point to my left.

What does she mean by all of that…

Before I could think further, I remembered Greg’s message. “Crap, the patient!” I began running to my station.

Jerry

Damnit...a little more and she would’ve spilled something big. Josephine grabbed Jose’s hand and began walking with Greg, but suddenly turned around and pointed into the woods. Elvira must’ve noticed this too, but she took off in the opposite direction.

“Something in the woods, maybe..?” I checked my watch. Even with new batteries, it was beginning to wear out. “Shit, it’s almost time. But what’s in those woods…”
    I turned to the woods, and then to the vehicles the supply runners use. I had to decide.

1)Go to the cars

2)Look in the woods

Voting will end tomorrow due to the lack of parts at 5 PM EST. Happy voting! :)

• 2)Look in the woods

What could be there?

Great part!

Danny You chose to blame Mason I lowered my gaze and answered him. “He’s lying…” “What the fuck?!” Mason’s rage had hit a boiling p

• 2)Look in the woods

Danny You chose to blame Mason I lowered my gaze and answered him. “He’s lying…” “What the fuck?!” Mason’s rage had hit a boiling p

• 1)Go to the cars

• Voting has ended!

Jerry will go into the woods.

I know I said 5, but I just got home. Regardless, I'll begin the next part right now :)

• Jerry

Curiosity

I ultimately decided that whatever was in those woods was more important right now, and nothing was going to keep me from it. I looked up again back to where Greg took them, and saw the three of them over by Quirk. That should buy me some time… I quickly darted further into the forest, attempting to find whatever Josephine was pointing at. I had no idea where it was, so I spent quite some time wandering around. I eventually made it to a little clearing that looked serene despite the hostile life around the woods surrounding it. The only thing that didn’t belong were a few sticks stuck in the ground with helmets on them. Perhaps they were graves? Something was off though...

Just as I put it together, I could hear a voice from behind me.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

I quickly spin around, but then felt something hard knock me on the head.

Then only darkness.

Miles

We eventually made it back to camp with both Usui and Santiago in tow. We had discussed the missing bandit from earlier, but James and Usui insisted that he’d die of blood loss before he’d get anywhere. James figured out how to work the generator, and we soon had power to the lights and power tools the logging camp had. He and a few others, including Usui and Sebastian, began using said tools to fortify the camp. Sofia, Dana, and Shino were talking over some maps, and Sasha was patrolling the perimeter all alone.

1)Help James and Co

2)Talk with Shino and Co

3)Walk over to Sasha

Alec

The three of us had been walking for about half an hour, Before we left, we had grabbed some rations and a machete for the kid, since he insisted. I looked over my shoulder to see him holding it in his hand, turning the blade over to examine it.

“You better know how to handle one of those, because this hospital is no joke.” I told him as I turned my head around. “You’ve been in runs before, but this place is nothing like anything you’ve ever dealt with. If you’re lucky, you’ll make it back with only a few scrapes.”

Jake was gripping his new M4 very tightly, he only recently got a new one. Ever since he lost the last one to that Usui prick, he’s been on Charles's good side in order to get a new one. He was still relatively pissed about that day, but I had stopped caring after three months. For all I knew, he was dead and gone. This new M4 had a strap and therefore was always around Jake at all times.

“If it’s so dangerous, why are you going?” Danny asked us.

“Because we don’t have a choice.” Jake replied. “Ever since that day, we’ve been on the Boss’s bad side. That’s why we-”

I hold up my hand to silence him. “That’s enough chit chat. We’re nearly there.” We stop at the end of the road and prop up on the side of a building. I lean around the corner and survey the street. There were a few nearby walkers, but there were many more concentrated around the hospital.

“There must be hundreds...Damnit, I knew he shouldn't have lured all of them here…”

“What do you mean?” Danny piped up again, attempting to peer out of the corner. Jake pushes him back.

“It doesn’t matter right now. We need a plan if we want to bust in there.”

I turned back towards the street. There were only a handful here, but they increase in number when we get closer and closer to the hospital. We could go around, or we could try for the rooftops if we felt lucky.

1)Go around

2)Try the rooftops

3)Fight through the first few walkers

Voting ends either Thursday or Friday (5 PM EST), depending on if I have time one of those days. Happy voting :)

• 3)Walk over to Sasha

She looks lonely :c

CLEAR

Jerry Curiosity I ultimately decided that whatever was in those woods was more important right now, and nothing was going to keep me f

• 1)Help James and Co

Jerry Curiosity I ultimately decided that whatever was in those woods was more important right now, and nothing was going to keep me f

• Gonna flip a coin for 3 and 1 for the first vote.

Voting has ended!

Miles will walk over to Sasha.

Alec and Co will fight the first few walkers.

• Durn it. Forgot to vote.

Gonna flip a coin for 3 and 1 for the first vote. Voting has ended! Miles will walk over to Sasha. Alec and Co will fight the first few walkers.

• Just an update.

Firstly, I'm sorry for the week I've been gone. School was busy as hell and I barely even got sleep last night. The plan was to start on the part for today and finish it, but things happened last second and I doubt I'll have enough time or energy after this weekend (and with finals next week too, that's really bad).

There will most likely not be any more parts until next Friday or Saturday, at the most. I have things that need my attention, so I hope you all forgive me :)

• edited December 2015

Eddie

“Eddie, she’s getting sicker.” I could hear her voice from behind me, but I kept focusing on the supplies in front of me.

“She’ll get better. She always used to get sick like this. You’ll see.”

“Eddie. She’s been sick for a full day, and it’s only getting worse. You need to stop ignoring that this is happening, because it is.”

I turned around and scowled at her. “You have no right to say that I’m ignoring my own daughter! You haven’t even known her for more than a week, you and that girlfriend of yours. She’ll pull through.”

Sofia’s expression had not changed, despite my angry reaction. “Eddie, this is happening. It is.”

“...Get out.” I turned back to the table and eventually heard her footsteps fade away.

“There’s gotta be something in here I can use...damnit..!”

Miles

You chose to talk to Sasha

I decided to talk to the only person that was alone, which was Sasha. I walked over to her and began patrolling with her.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing much. It’s been quiet, and I’ve only killed a handful of walkers today.”

“Well, that’s good, but I was kinda talking about in general. You seem down. Did something happen?”

She initially ignored my question, but then turned her head to look at the others. “If I tell you, you have to promise to keep it a secret from them. Alright?”

I nodded my head with a confused expression. She double checked to make sure everyone was preoccupied, then explained.

“Alright...You know I’ve been taking a lot of patrol shifts, right?”

I nod again.

“Well, on occasion, I...I meet with Jerry.”

“Wait, Jerry? But he’s at Quirk’s camp, miles away! How do you get there and back before anyone notices?”

She motions for me to follow her, and I do. After a few minutes of walking, we come across some brush. She brushes her arm across it, shaking some of it off and revealing a car. The same car those bandits had used not too long ago.

“Well, you know now. Anyway, he’s been telling me everything he can find about that place. We met every other day, but today he never showed up.” She closed her eyes and sighed.
    “Maybe he was busy with something, or out?” I suggested. She shook her head.

“He made sure he was always on guard duty, so he wouldn’t be outside the camp. He always made sure to meet with me, no matter what.”

“I’m sure he’s alright. He seemed like the kind of guy who knew how to handle himself, you know?”

“Yeah, I know.” She smiled from my comment, which gave me a little relief.

“So, what sort of things has he told you, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“He hasn’t learned much, apart from the number of survivors he’s been rallying together. There’s one thing we’ve concluded, though.” She covers the car once more and turns to me. “Quirk’s hiding something, that’s for sure.”

Alec

The direct approach

“Fuck it, let’s take out those first few.” I readied my revolver.

“Wait, what does that mean?” Danny looked at the two of us, confused.

“It means we do this!” Jake took the M4 off his back and ran at the first walker. He knocked it over and started hitting it repeatedly with the butt of the M4 until its head was a bloody pulp. The others heard the noise and began advancing towards him, that’s when I nudged Danny.

“You take the one on the left, I got the right.”

He reluctantly nodded and we walked to our targets. I got close to it and kicked the back of its legs with my own. It quickly fell and I finished it off with a few well places stomps. Turning around, I could see that Danny was trying to keep his distance from the walker. He kept backing up and swinging at it, and eventually tripped. The walker fell on top of him, but was impaled by the upright machete. Jake walked over to him and pulled the walker off, then looked ahead.
    “Shit, looks like we got trouble.”

“We...we can’t fight all of them!” Danny was trying to retrieve his weapon from the corpse, and it soon came out with a little bit of help from Jake.

“So, what’s the plan, Alec?”

“To be honest, I didn’t finish the plan.”

“What?! Then think fast!” Jake raised his M4 and fired a shot, dropping one from the front.

I looked around for anything that could help us. We had only progressed a little bit from where we had started, and the dead were closing fast. I looked behind the crowd and saw an open door that belonged to the hospital.

“We just have to reach that door.” I responded.

“Yeah, but there’s a few problems with that. A few hungry problems.” Jake said, killing another one.

“Look, we just need to get around them. We’re faster.”

Danny pointed to a nearby building. “We could cut through there!”

“Lead the way, Jake.” He nodded and the two sprinted to it. “I’ll catch up in a bit, don’t worry!”

I focused on the walkers and fired a few shots to get their attention. One or two were killed, but they were soon replaced by others. They were getting closer and closer to me, but I saw my opening. I ran around them and got to the building Danny pointed to, making sure to close the door and lock it behind me. The two of them were moving some bookshelves from the doorway and Danny turned around.

“You alright?”

“Yeah, it wasn’t that difficult.” I laid against the wall and tried to catch my breath. I actuality, that was probably the dumbest thing I had ever done in my life.

I wasn’t resting for long before a hand stuck out of the door’s window and it began giving way.

“Get that door open, Jake!”

“I’m trying, damnit!”

Danny ran over to me and began poking at the arms coming out of the door.

Jake was trying his best to lift the last bookshelf, but it looked heavier than the others.

1)Help hold off the walkers

2)Help Jake lift the bookshelf

3)Try to clear another exit

Here's the next part at long last, now that I have some time off of school. Voting will end at 7 PM EST.

• 2)Help Jake lift the bookshelf

Well, they're screwed.

Great part!

Eddie “Eddie, she’s getting sicker.” I could hear her voice from behind me, but I kept focusing on the supplies in front of me. “She’l

• 2)Help Jake lift the bookshelf

Eddie “Eddie, she’s getting sicker.” I could hear her voice from behind me, but I kept focusing on the supplies in front of me. “She’l

• Voting has ended!

Alec will help Jake lift the bookshelf.

• So, this is a little awkward, considering the ten or so breaks I've had to take from this.
    I'll just get straight to the point: I like this story. I really do. Everything about it, the characters, choices and all. But I have to make many parts, which cuts out a lot of time.
    Now that school is over, I have more time to do this if that's what the rest of you would like. There's only two side things though. I'll have to write larger parts and have fewer choices, rather than short chapters with many.
    Would this be acceptable?

• edited May 2016

Alec

Heavy lifting

I holstered my revolver and quickly ran over to Jake. I placed my hands on the bookshelf and pushed with all my might.

“Come on...push..!”

With our combined strength, the bookshelf started to give. Jake kept it lifted while I kicked the door open. I went through first, then Danny. Jake shifted his body next to the door and jumped out, leaving the bookshelf to block the door. Jake looked exhausted, but it wasn’t over yet. A few walkers from the door heard the commotion and started walking around the house. A few that were inside shattered the windows and crawled outside, joining the rest.

“Run to the door, go!” I took out my revolver again and fired more shots at them. Jake did the same, then ran after Danny for the open door. After using the last round in my gun, I followed them and closed the door behind us. Jake found some mops in a nearby closet and we used them to brace the door.

“We better get going, those sticks won’t last long.” I led the three of us through the hospital with Danny and Jake in tow. Danny stayed between us due to his lack of firepower. I slowly opened a door to our left and peered inside. There were some wilted flowers on a table next to a bed, and on the bed itself was a walker in a gown. He stayed down, staring at the ceiling and growling occasionally. There was a purse on the chair next to the bed with a box sticking out of it. I nudged Danny and pointed to the walker.

“What..?”

“Your turn to kill something. We’ve been doing it all day.”

He was reluctant at first, then finally agreed. We entered the room and Jake covered the door. Danny crept up on the walker, and it didn’t notice him until he was standing right next to the bed. It became more active and tried to grab at him, but Danny took his machete and used both of his hands to drive the blade into its skull. The arms dropped and he pulled it out after a few good tugs.

“Good job, you killed one. You’re well on your way to earning your keep.” I walked over to the purse and checked inside it. There was a wallet, some cigarettes, and a bag of chips in it. The bag was small, and it was similar to the kind you’d buy on the go. I shrugged and took the chips, then made sure to snag the cigarettes and place them in the safety of my pocket. What Jake doesn’t know, won’t hurt him.

“Anything in there?” He asked.

“Just some chips. Strange, though.”

“Strange? How so?"

“Men don’t usually have purses. Especially where they can’t reach em.” I turned and began loading my revolver. “There might be another close by, so be careful.”
    We continued on like this for awhile, killing the occasional walker and taking what was needed. We eventually amassed two hiking bags which we filled with the supplies we found. Danny had a small cooler we stocked with meds from the doctor’s offices. We began to move sluggishly with all this gear, moving at a pace that was dangerous for our position.

“I think we’ve gotten all we can grab, I think we should head out.”

“You sure? I mean, I’ve still got some room.”

“I agree with Alec. This is enough.” Jake looked around the corner and motioned that the coast was clear. We began moving but I started hearing sounds. I ducked behind a water cooler and the other two were behind the wall across from me. Jake peered out and lifted eight fingers. Eight walkers? Shit, that’s not good in this closed space… I began forming a plan, then the count rose by two. Then four. They began crawling out of nowhere, clearly attracted to something. One of them passed without noticing one of us, taking us by surprise. Danny looked to me with a worried look.

Elvira

I finished wrapping up the man’s arm and taped it together. “You’re lucky the cut wasn’t that deep, otherwise you might’ve died. You need to be careful out on those runs.”
    He looked at his wound and sighed. “Yeah, I know. It was worth it though, we got the few extra supplies we needed.”

“Supplies aren’t worth it if you die.” I gave him a stern expression, and he looked down.

“I..Yeah. Thanks for the help, Doc.” He walked away, a smile formed on his face.

She laid back against her chair and relaxed. Not long after, thoughts begin to fill her head in the absence of something to occupy herself. Thoughts of the things Josephine had told her about Quirk. They plagued her mind, despite how much Elvira denied their authenticity. No matter how trustworthy Josephine is, there’s no way Quirk would do some of the things she claimed...right? No, of course not. He’s their leader, after all. She had voted on it herself. If she had trusted him then, why doubt him now? Josephine was probably mistaken, anyway. The stress has been getting to her in more ways than one, maybe she could use someone to talk to…

As Elvira discussed these confronting thoughts in her head, she began to drift off to sleep.

Jerry

When I awoke, the first thing I felt were the bindings around my wrists. The second thing was the bag around my head, and the third was the punch I never expected from the other person in the room.

“You really fucked up, you know that?” The voice asked, with a hint of disappointment. I can’t see thanks to this bag, but I could tell it was a man’s voice. It’s not Quirk, nor do I recognize it. “You tried digging for answers, and yet the only thing you dug was your own grave.” After delivering this line, he kicks me in my side, which unexpectedly knocks me over. Alright, pretty sure I’m tied to a chair right now. Good to know.

The guy, whoever he is, picks me up by my shirt and places the chair back on its legs before .throwing another punch. “Now you’ll have to pay the price, and it’s a steep one! After all, your life is at its end.” He must’ve been preparing to hit me again, but stops when another voice, this time barely audible, cuts in.

“You better go easy on the guy, or else he’ll die before you-know-what.”

“So what if he does? Gonna happen to him anyway.” The man replies, clearly indicating his dislike towards me.

“What I’m saying is that Quirk’ll be pissed if he dies before that. Then he’ll probably use you, instead. Get it now?” The voice this time sounds familiar, but it’s too inaudible for me to make out who it is.

“...Fine, whatever. I’ll just make sure you don’t die before that, then.” I feel him struggle to take off the bag covering my head, but it eventually comes loose. As I stare the man down, I recognize him from Quirk’s camp.

“Ah, one of Jon’s runners. How’s it going?” I ask him, trying to sound as sarcastic as possible.

He smirks at my comment. “It’ll be better, now that I’ll be able to see your face.” He then brandishes a hunting knife from a nearby table, which I now realize has dried blood over it. Come to think of it, much of this room is covered in blood, dried or not.

He points the tip of the knife at my throat, then retracts it, as if he’s debating where to stick me.

“...No, the throat’s a bad call. I’ll need to torture you in a place that’s not vital…”

I can’t let this go on for much longer, or I’ll regret it.

1)Lean forward

2)Turn the chair around

3)Headbutt the man

Alec

Jake ran ahead of us, taking a few shots at the approaching walkers every so often. Danny ran as fast as he could, the cooler’s handle jiggling back and forth from the motion of him running.

“Damnit Alec, look what you’ve done now!” Jake yelled over the gunshots.

“Look, I get it. Not my proudest moment, but we’ll be fine. We just need to go back the way we came!” I tried to reassure Jake, but he insisted on being the pessimistic bastard he usually was. The doorway we came from was at the other end of the hall, but so was a little surprise. The mops we had used to barricade it had broken, allowing some of the undead from outside to pour in. Of course, they were starting to get attracted to Jake’s gunfire.

“Well, shit. Not that way.” I said, running down the hallway to the other end. The other two followed me, but we had reached a dead end. An elevator door barred us from entering, and I’d rather not take my chances with breaking windows with a 20 foot drop.

“Well, what now?” Jake asked, clearly annoyed at my choice in escape routes.

“Well, first off we’ll need to take care of them.” I reply, taking out my revolver.

Jake shook his head in disbelief. “You honestly think your revolver and my M4 alone will take all of them out?!”

“Well, not exactly…” I mumbled, taking out something from my hiking bag. It was round and colored a shade of green, with a metal pin. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what it was.

Jake sighed upon my reveal. “So you stole that thing from the armory? The Boss is gonna be disappointed if he finds out.”

I stared daggers at Jake. “I knew we’d need it, so I don’t feel bad. Besides, he won’t know, will he, Danny?” I turned my attention to Danny, who shook his head at the unexpected question. “Good.” I pull the pin out of the grenade and chuck it right in the middle of the crowd. Jake grabs Danny and pulls him behind a wall, and I duck behind the opposite wall and cover my ears. Not too soon after, a loud explosion rocks the hospital, and the windows behind us get hit with shrapnel. Turning around the corner, I see where most of the walkers used to be. The only ones moving now are a few torsos, which slowly approach at a snail’s pace.

“Well, that takes care of one problem.” Danny says as he wipes his brow.

Jake takes a look down the hall and then at the elevator door. “Well, how are we gonna get out of here, by the way? The way down there is fucked.”

Confused, I take another look at the grenade’s explosion radius. Sure enough, the walls collapsed, caving in just enough to block the way. “Damn faulty hospital construction…” I mutter to myself.

1)”Jake, try the elevator doors. Danny and I’ll take care of what’s left of the walkers.”

2)”Let’s try the windows. Jake, take out the walkers.”

3)”Danny, finish off those walkers while Jake and I take care of the elevator doors.”

Voting ends whenever we get a good amount of votes for now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.