Sam and Max 2010...

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I read it as more of an 1880's gentleman down on his luck, but that's partly because of the bowler.

I can see that too.

I've probably been influenced by watching "Appointment with Death" (the David Suchet version) not long ago. :p
  • edited December 2009
    I think I know why there is going to be a Sam and max season 3 (besides fan response). They already have 4 really good current things (strong bad, sam and max, wallice and gromit and TOMI) So they are going back to do new seasons in order of when they where released. So after sam and max season 3, there is going to be sbgc4ap season 2 (at least I hope) also, I think the season 3 should be called through time and space.
  • edited December 2009
    But Season two was called "Beyond Time and Space" already. Why do you think it will be called "Through Time and Space"?
  • edited December 2009
    But Season two was called "Beyond Time and Space" already. Why do you think it will be called "Through Time and Space"?

the pictures. for example, there was a sarcophagus (time) and a spaceship and Demon toy phone (space). So the season has to something do with time and space (and I mean more than season 2.)
  • edited December 2009
    I completed chapter 5 no more than 20 minutes ago. When that message came up at the end my jaw dropped and I stared at the screen.

Clearly I'm acting insane. But for a damn good reason!
  • edited December 2009
    a spaceship

I said this in another thread, but I don't think that's a spaceship. It looks more like a rocket (or bomb) launcher to me. You can see a scope, a trigger, and the front part with Max's face looks like one of these:

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Fission/Images/fatman.jpg

It's a very futuristic looking, but I'm pretty sure it's not a spaceship.
  • edited December 2009
    the pictures. for example, there was a sarcophagus (time) and a spaceship and Demon toy phone (space). So the season has to something do with time and space (and I mean more than season 2.)

I get what you mean, but I think we can trust Telltale to be a little more imaginative than that. I have a feeling that they've got something really special planned for us with this season :D
  • edited December 2009
    Thespis wrote: »
    I said this in another thread, but I don't think that's a spaceship. It looks more like a rocket (or bomb) launcher to me. You can see a scope, a trigger, and the front part with Max's face looks like one of these:

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Fission/Images/fatman.jpg

It's a very futuristic looking, but I'm pretty sure it's not a spaceship.

I thought that too.
  • edited December 2009
    Do you think Max painted his face on the gun himself or what? I can just picture him happily painting his own mug onto his gun :)
  • edited December 2009
    Do you think Max painted his face on the gun himself or what? I can just picture him happily painting his own mug onto his gun :)

Well, if it is what I think it is, then the part with his face would be the actual bomb, not the gun.

But, to actually answer your question: Yes.
  • edited December 2009
    Rather Dashing - The Grumpy Voice of Reason

And we love you for it :p
    Am I really all that grumpy? I mean, I was giggling like a schoolgirl for quite awhile after I saw that Max flag and the website.

I'm about as excited as I've been about anything all year. Well, that and another fandom I'm simply ecstatic about that I'll not mention here.
  • edited December 2009
    Holy crap. Nobody can imagine my surprise when I beat Monkey Island 5 and saw Max's mug on a flag RIGHT smack at the end of it. YES. This is going to be awesome.

The thing I'm most excited about is that Egyptian sarcophagus. I always wanted to see Sam and Max in Egypt, and this is more than I could hope for. It all looks fantastic, and after sch a fantastic reboot to a fantastic series, heck my favorite series, I can not WAIT. I am hyped hyped hyped. Coffee coffee coffee!
  • edited December 2009
    Am I really all that grumpy? I mean, I was giggling like a schoolgirl for quite awhile after I saw that Max flag and the website.

I'm about as excited as I've been about anything all year. Well, that and another fandom I'm simply ecstatic about that I'll not mention here.

I was just teasing; you're not that grumpy, you can just be a bit short with the extra ridiculous at times. It's nice to have a dissenting voice at times, too. Keeps the boards balanced :)
    The thing I'm most excited about is that Egyptian sarcophagus. I always wanted to see Sam and Max in Egypt, and this is more than I could hope for. It all looks fantastic, and after sch a fantastic reboot to a fantastic series, heck my favorite series, I can not WAIT. I am hyped hyped hyped. Coffee coffee coffee!

Do you mean Ancient Egypt with pyramids and barges on the Nile, or modern Egypt with heavy pollution and hibiscus tea?
  • edited December 2009
    Do you mean Ancient Egypt with pyramids and barges on the Nile, or modern Egypt with heavy pollution and hibiscus tea?

Ancient Egypt with abundant Charleton Heston and plagues references, weird dances, and tons upon tons of Indiana Jones nods of course.
  • edited December 2009

I think industiral Eygpt with the mummy robots shooting lasers at the humanity.
  • edited December 2009
    I think industiral Eygpt with the mummy robots shooting lasers at the humanity.

Or Industrial Space Egypt with abundant Charleton Heston and plagues references, weird dances, and tons upon tons of Indiana Jones nods. :D
  • edited December 2009
    Or Industrial Space Egypt with abundant Charleton Heston and plagues references, weird dances, and tons upon tons of Indiana Jones nods. :D

Don't Forget the Mummy Robots ruling over humanity ^^
  • edited December 2009
    Ancient Egypt with ... wonderful dances ...

There, fixed. Samia Gamal forever! :D
  • edited December 2009
    There, fixed. Samia Gamal forever! :D

And the Indy hat & BOulder renfence ^^
  • edited December 2009
    I'm hoping that "Sam & Max: 2010" is actually the title of the season. It has an AWESOME sci-fi, retro-futuristic sound, which is extra hilarious given that it's the year in which the game actually comes out.
  • edited December 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I'm hoping that "Sam & Max: 2010" is actually the title of the season. It has an AWESOME sci-fi, retro-futuristic sound, which is extra hilarious given that it's the year in which the game actually comes out.

Holy crap, that's an awesome idea. I'd love that too.
  • edited December 2009
    You people have a weird view of Egypt ... no mention of Um Kalthoum or backgammon, just Hollywood films and robots. I mean, the robots I understand. Everything's better with robots.

RE: 2010 being the title:
    That would be fantastic, but only if they include a monolith on Jupiter :D
  • edited December 2009
    You people have a weird view of Egypt ... no mention of Um Kalthoum or backgammon, just Hollywood films and robots. I mean, the robots I understand. Everything's better with robots.

RE: 2010 being the title:
    That would be fantastic, but only if they include a monolith on Jupiter :D

Just as long as we don't get weird LSD displays and Max doesn't turn into a giant galactic fetus. Actually what am I saying, that would be awesome. Aaaand I'm posting too much in this topic. :D
  • edited December 2009
    Randulf wrote: »
    What I mean is that some situation may require psychic power to get through, and at these points the game may require you to switch roles and play as Max: in the same manner that Guybrush Threepwood has to "play as" somebody else (get inside that person's body) to perform tasks not accessible to his physical form.

Nah, Sam will just ask Max to do his pyschic thing to solve the puzzles.
  • edited December 2009
    Just as long as we don't get weird LSD displays and Max doesn't turn into a giant galactic fetus. Actually what am I saying, that would be awesome. Aaaand I'm posting too much in this topic. :D

well not for me! This is my first few post :D
  • edited December 2009
    Nah, Sam will just ask Max to do his pyschic thing to solve the puzzles.

and use that gastroology thingy? XD
  • edited December 2009
    and use that gastroology thingy? XD

Do you mean "astrology" or do you actually mean the
    vomit-inducing emetics technique
    from season one?
  • edited December 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    There's one more line of dialogue that didn't show up until I'd clicked on some things multiple times.

"No longer can you blindly mash buttons to unleash a torrent of irreverent banter and comic mischief. Now you are all that stands in the way of the total annihilation of the planet Earth."

Don't know what that means.

Well its pretty obvious isn't it? No Point 'n' Click this time...
  • edited December 2009
    Maybe it uses Project Natal. lol
  • edited December 2009
    Where is the concept art i can't find it?
  • edited December 2009
    Hey the concept of the
    guy with the rose. Is that supposed to be....Moriarty? Because the mustachioed Sam reminds me a LOT of Watson. And I can definitely see Max in Holmes clothing. That would be so CUTE :D
  • edited December 2009
    Hey the concept of the
    guy with the rose. Is that supposed to be....Moriarty? Because the mustachioed Sam reminds me a LOT of Watson. And I can definitely see Max in Holmes clothing. That would be so CUTE :D
    I was thinking the same thing about Sam. But I can't find any picture of
    Moriarty that looks like the rose guy.
  • edited December 2009
    The ancient Egypt stuff really excites me..takes me back to that hilarious Sam & Max comix..it looks like season 3 is getting more n more like the comics..futher out there..love it
  • edited December 2009
    Where is the concept art i can't find it?
    My two posts on the first page will tell you the locations of all the concept art.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm in for it being called Sam & Max:2010 too.
    I don't know if any of the "No longer can you.. etc" -actually- means no point'n'click, or less humour, but I certainly hope not. =[ (Well, if they made it TOMI controls, that'd be okay.)
  • edited December 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing about Sam. But I can't find any picture of
    Moriarty that looks like the rose guy.

Well it could just be the artist's interpretation. He gives off a very
    Moriarty
    vibe to me anyway.
  • edited December 2009
    I know this is kind of odd, but I think that I have come up on a plot by some hints, the site and something else oh yeah my X-bawks.

Well this is my therory...i think they have been hinting to us all through monkey island, and for the two seasons available for X-box.

Sam&Max save the world through time and space. Various other hints givin by the eaves dropping I'm fairly sure I'm on to something or it may be the lack of sleep. Caused by L4D2 and Chapter five.
  • edited December 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I know this is kind of odd, but I think that I have come up on a plot by some hints, the site and something else oh yeah my X-bawks.

Well this is my therory...i think they have been hinting to us all through monkey island, and for the two seasons available for X-box.

Sam&Max save the world through time and space. Various other hints givin by the eaves dropping I'm fairly sure I'm on to something or it may be the lack of sleep. Caused by L4D2 and Chapter five.

Isn't that the title of Sam and Max: Season 2?
  • edited December 2009
    Isn't that the title of Sam and Max: Season 2?

Yes, but my theory is the title for both seasons are giving a hint to the third season.

Because before monkey island they were just known as Season 1 and Season 2.

Like I said this may have been a result of lack of sleep or some other form of Dimensia.
  • edited December 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Yes, but my theory is the title for both seasons are giving a hint to the third season.

Because before monkey island they were just known as Season 1 and Season 2.

Like I said this may have been a result of lack of sleep or some other form of Dimensia.

Oh okay. Makes sense and it would flow pretty well but I like Sam and Max: 2010 better. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.