Sam and Max 2010...

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I don't really understand how Telltale always seem to wish to get away from point and click controls.
    That's the simplest control method there is, you just point and click!
    At least for the pc/mac markets. Having direct control with a keyboard and or mouse combo is just more cumbersome.

Now if Sam & Max 2010 is primary developed for the consoles which only has regular gamepads then I can understand why they want to give direct control.

Still I never really felt that having direct control over the characters really mixed that well with adventure games. Interacting with objects far away, say at the top of a shelf would be a little odd for one thing.

Moving Guyrbush around in Tales was a bit annoying sometimes with the odd mouse control they had in that game.
  • edited December 2009
    Oh okay. Makes sense and it would flow pretty well but I like Sam and Max: 2010 better. :D

That it does, it makes it seem Epic and Grand.
  • edited December 2009
    Santar wrote: »
    I don't really understand how Telltale always seem to wish to get away from point and click controls.
    That's the simplest control method there is, you just point and click!
    At least for the pc/mac markets. Having direct control with a keyboard and or mouse combo is just more cumbersome.

Now if Sam & Max 2010 is primary developed for the consoles which only has regular gamepads then I can understand why they want to give direct control.

Still I never really felt that having direct control over the characters really mixed that well with adventure games. Interacting with objects far away, say at the top of a shelf would be a little odd for one thing.

Moving Guyrbush around in Tales was a bit annoying sometimes with the odd mouse control they had in that game.

You could use WASD and the mouse for Tales. But yes, I think it's because they primarily are trying to focus harder on the console market.
  • edited December 2009
    I want it to be called Sam and Max: Season Three.

Because I want it to be nice and consistent for the DVD on my bookshelf, next to seasons One and Two.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    I want it to be called Sam and Max: Season Three.

Because I want it to be nice and consistent for the DVD on my bookshelf, next to seasons One and Two.

There'll still be a big "3" in a badge on the spine of the DVD, no matter what. Please! Serialized series spine DVD consistency is of paramount importance!!! Neuuuu!! *straightens everything on his desk, after touching each item once with his index finger*
  • edited December 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    There'll still be a big "3" in a badge on the spine of the DVD, no matter what. Please! Serialized series spine DVD consistency is of paramount importance!!! Neuuuu!! *straightens everything on his desk, after touching each item once with his index finger*
    I laughed, and then felt sad, because I relate way, way too much with that caricature.
  • edited December 2009
    All hail Jake the Depressor!

But seriously, perhaps we can see the 3 on the special DVD's but under the slipcover or on retail boxes, Sam and Max: 2010. :D Seriously that name rocks.
  • edited December 2009
    You could use WASD and the mouse for Tales. But yes, I think it's because they primarily are trying to focus harder on the console market.

You could be right about the console focus, but at least up until Sam & Max 2010 it has always seemed to me that Telltale has been focused mainly on the pc market. Just look at this site. The pc store is a huge part of it.
  • edited December 2009
    Santar wrote: »
    You could be right about the console focus, but at least up until Sam & Max 2010 it has always seemed to me that Telltale has been focused mainly on the pc market. Just look at this site. The pc store is a huge part of it.

Actually I believe it started with Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. That's when they first changed the control scheme and there was a big uproar because everyone wanted it to stay P&C, but Telltale was trying to target the XBOX and the Wii and not just the PC.
  • edited December 2009
    I laughed, and then felt sad, because I relate way, way too much with that caricature.

Don't feel bad I do too.
  • edited December 2009
    Actually I believe it started with Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. That's when they first changed the control scheme and there was a big uproar because everyone wanted it to stay P&C, but Telltale was trying to target the XBOX and the Wii and not just the PC.

Ahh, of course. you're absolutely right about that.
    Only played a demo of Wallace & Gromit so had forgotten about that one.

I just hope they don't move away from the adventure game genre, that's my worst fear when reading this sort of thing.
  • edited December 2009
    On my computer, the audio on the website doesn't say anything about space gorillas, please help!:confused:
  • edited December 2009

Jake will we be able to pre-order it like monkey island or will we have to wait and find out?
  • edited December 2009
    kierian123 wrote: »
    On my computer, the audio on the website doesn't say anything about space gorillas, please help!:confused:
    Did you get any of the concept arts? Again, my posts on the first page talk about the location of the concept arts. There are a few extra bits of audio that play when you open a new concept art piece.
  • edited December 2009
    Did you get any of the concept arts? Again, my posts on the first page talk about the location of the concept arts. There are a few extra bits of audio that play when you open a new concept art piece.
    Thank for the help:). It works now.
  • edited December 2009

I spy a Monk fan.
  • edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Do you mean "astrology" or do you actually mean the
    vomit-inducing emetics technique
    from season one?

Yes, Those
    Vomit emetics technique
  • edited December 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I spy a Monk fan.

It'll be funny if There was a monk parody in S&M
  • edited December 2009
    Oh my god. They added Direct Control just because it helps add to the atmosphere so you don't have to see the floor of every single place you go.
  • edited December 2009
    huh. the concept art kinda looks like that canceled "Sam and Max plunge through space" game. especially weird considering Justin Chin's resume. Infinite Machine was going to be developing the game, from what i recall. oddly enough, Justin Chin's LinkedIn profile says that he is no longer at telltale, and is back with Infinite Machine. Which is odd, seeing as they shut down after the disappointment that was new legends. I smell a conspiracy! maybe they're going back to trying to make that game that they wanted to so many years ago!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justinchin

(the link for those that want it)
  • edited December 2009
    A new seeason of S&M! Just what I was hoping for! I'm starting to count down the minutes from now.

I'm excited as a baby with a new shiny toy!
  • edited December 2009
    V_Ben wrote: »
    huh. the concept art kinda looks like that canceled "Sam and Max plunge through space" game. especially weird considering Justin Chin's resume. Infinite Machine was going to be developing the game, from what i recall. oddly enough, Justin Chin's LinkedIn profile says that he is no longer at telltale, and is back with Infinite Machine. Which is odd, seeing as they shut down after the disappointment that was new legends. I smell a conspiracy! maybe they're going back to trying to make that game that they wanted to so many years ago!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justinchin

(the link for those that want it)

I thought of exactly this same thing when I looked at the games page.
  • edited December 2009
    Sam & Max Wooo OMG Hoooo :D

Cant wait for more, the next Sam & Max will be so good, consindering all they have learned from Monkey island :)
  • edited December 2009
    Where did I read it being referred to as "Freelance Police Special Forces" ?

(on the 2010 homepage? I cant get back after registering for updates)
  • edited December 2009
    Where did I read it being referred to as "Freelance Police Special Forces" ?

(on the 2010 homepage? I cant get back after registering for updates)
    PROTIP: Sign out.

"What's next for Sam and Max?
    Freelance Police Special Forces signup"

I'm pretty sure that's just what they're calling the Sam and Max newsletter membership for some reason.
  • edited December 2009
    "It's a familiar tale. A power-mad space gorilla pitted against a canine detective and a sociopathic bunny with psychic powers.

But, my friends, this story is different. In this story, you are in control. There will soon come a time when you will be called upon to lead Sam and Max to defeat the forces of evil."

i dont remember that diolouge.
  • edited December 2009
    i dont remember that diolouge.

It's on one of the concept art.
  • edited December 2009
    It's on one of the concept art.

Yeah, I just heard it...wooo! I am so excited and by excited I mean. I can't think straight.
  • edited December 2009
    well, now for my interpitation.
    Sam and max go to a parerall universe, where everything is screwed royally up the arse.
    OFF TOPIC: i hope saying "arse" dosent get me a ban or a strike.
  • edited December 2009
    well, now for my interpitation.
    Sam and max go to a parerall universe, where everything is screwed royally up the arse.
    OFF TOPIC: i hope saying "arse" dosent get me a ban or a strike.

How do we know if we have a strike...oh now I want to see my tally marks.
  • edited December 2009
    Ash McQ wrote: »
    Well its pretty obvious isn't it? No Point 'n' Click this time...

When I heard it, I thought it meant you wouldn't be able to just try everything until you find the solution. A consequence system, like Phoenix Wright.
  • edited December 2009
    The audio that plays on the 2010 site seems more fitting for Penny Arcade Adventures than it does Sam & Max.
  • edited December 2009
    xbskid wrote: »
    The audio that plays on the 2010 site seems more fitting for Penny Arcade Adventures than it does Sam & Max.

I thought the exact same thing!
  • edited December 2009
    V_Ben wrote: »
    huh. the concept art kinda looks like that canceled "Sam and Max plunge through space" game.

One can only hope.
  • edited December 2009
    well thanks to that 2010 site we found out where max keeps his futuristic ray gun. It seems logical when you think about how cavernous his mouth is. Also the voice reminds so much of Sam Neil. But maybe that's because he did that space show... Anyway does anybody else feel like Sam and Max is getting really space/time shifted? we've traveled through space in every season, and this one looks like we will again. Also in regards to that "random banter" quote, i'd just forget about it. theres ALWAYS random banter. I wouldn't expect any major changes, simply because TTG is a fairly small company, and making big changes costs big money. It will still be awesome though.

p.s. Since everyone is calling season 3 "sam and max 2010", TTG should just keep that name, unless they have a much better one planned.
  • edited December 2009
    WHOA WHOA WHOA this all has to do with superball and his time travel conspiracy. also probably has to do with bosco and why the government were watching him in 104. and mariachis. hell with sam and max it could be anything they feel like springing at you, so speculation is kinda pointless.
  • edited December 2009
    The
    flag with Max's head on it and the website url is my new desktop. :D
    Hey, Telltale, any chance of a starry Sam and Max wallpaper?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Jake will we be able to pre-order it like monkey island or will we have to wait and find out?

Couldn't tell you, because I don't know how the launch will be working, logistically.
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I spy a Monk fan.

I'm only 3 episodes in!
  • edited December 2009
    Couldn't tell you, because I don't know how the launch will be working, logistically.

I'm only 3 episodes in!

Can we at least get confirmation it's the next TT series and isn't starting next December?
  • edited December 2009
    A few comments (I'm too lazy to go through it all and make quotes)

1. I agree at the least the "no longer click..." probably means direct control.
    a. I fear it means this will be more serious as well, though I hope not

2. I'm dissapointed that they're going with direct control. As somone pointed out, interacting with the top of a bookshelf is awkward, at best. Also it means you hae to walk upto EVERY SINGLE OBJECT in the game and tap the "search" button, and 3/4 of these, of course, will have no dialog associated with them... I will agree that a task like walking around an object will be made easier, but otehrwise, I hate the direct-control idea

3. I'm also dissapointed TTG is focusing more on consoles. I understand it and think it's a wise buisiness move since PCs people can get all the eppisodes off Gametap for a $1.00/month subscription fee if they play the system right. (not to mention its comparitivly easy to pirate PC games, but VERY hard to pirate console games, especially 360 with MS eager to ban ppl from XBL)

4. I agree the 2010 bit would be amusing as a reference to the movie, but I think it should reas something more like "2010: the next case" i.e. "2010:" instead of putting 2010 at the end.

5. I agree the idea of S+M as Holmes and Watson is hilarious, but I personally doubt that's going to happen.

6. unless I'm mistaken there was something said by TTG about Season 3 having soemthing to do with Superball (I cant sware it, but I'm prety sure they did) and I dont mean he's gonna cameo like he did in the other eppisodes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.