The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited June 2010
    eating a bag of Red Rock Deli Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Chips and LOOOOOVE them, thanks for the sugestion Hayden. The Highway, theres obviously something wrong with your taste buds if you dont like these.
  • edited June 2010
    I want to move to Australia. :(
  • edited June 2010
    I want to move to Australia. :(

Why dont you?
  • edited June 2010
    She might not have enough money, or she doesn't have a passport. She might not even be allowed to cross the sea.
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    She might not have enough money, or she doesn't have a passport. She might not even be aloud to cross the sea.

I guess your right, but if she wants to come here, she'll find a way
  • edited June 2010
    I am working on the money (got a job), and I do have a passport. :)

But that job is part of my education, so I can't move anywhere just yet.
    And my boyfriend lives in England, so my plan after I am done with my education was to move there.

And I have really sensitive skin, I get burnt and get sun rash easy. :(
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    eating a bag of Red Rock Deli Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Chips and LOOOOOVE them, thanks for the sugestion Hayden. The Highway, theres obviously something wrong with your taste buds if you dont like these.

no u
  • edited June 2010
    I just watched This Film Is Not Yet Rated. Wow. I never put all that much faith in the MPAA rating system to begin with, but damn. It's a total misguided failure. Yeah, it's a step up from the Hays Code, but that's not exactly saying much. And because of the corporations backing it, it's not likely to ever be changed or replaced without a major leadership shakeup.

And yet another blow is struck against my faith in humanity.
  • edited June 2010

Yes, thankyou for backing me up! I'm glad you like them, but I'm even more glad that it's now two against one in favour of my... well, our opinion.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, thankyou for backing me up! I'm glad you like them, but I'm even more glad that it's now two against one in favour of my... well, our opinion.

The Highway should be force fed the chips until he likes them :D
  • edited June 2010

Like this?
  • edited June 2010

no u
  • edited June 2010
    Like this?

That exactly what I was thinking of when I typed my post
  • edited June 2010
    That exactly what I was thinking of when I typed my post

Haha, it's incredible how many moments can be traced back to the Simpsons. And how the Simpsons can change your whole way of thinking about certain situations, like that one just then. But there's just so many moments in day-to-day life that remind me of moments in the Simpsons.
  • edited June 2010
    More like this

Lizard%20Queen.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry, just watching homer eating donuts in hell makes me think of that

Sorry, that's not what I meant to post. The image didn't link properly. I actually love that Simpsons moment :).
  • edited June 2010
    Not true!

Of course, that'd mean setting money aside in the budget to save up for the new system, which may be entirely unfeasible, but technically it is possible for the receipts to be stored in the computer. Actually, it'd be possible with a regular scanner too. This is just fancier.

Well, I did think about a scanner, but I don't have one (so I'd need to save up for that, too) and I used to do it in France but for stuff with warranties I had them refused because it wasn't the original receipt.
    Plus I've crashed and lost all my data too often to risk it happening with something important like that. I've only had a fire once and a robbery once, and nothing important was damaged/taken in either case, so I'll take my chances with that :p

I'd still love it if someone knows a free program that's not a headache to use. Otherwise I figure the closest would be using a word processor and uploading regularly in case of a crash, but visually it doesn't help me as much when I can't physically turn the pages, take one out of the binder and put it next to another one to compare, and stuff like that.

Meh, I'll see if I can think of something.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, I never claimed it was ideal, only possible.
  • edited June 2010
    I hate new shoes, I forgot to put a plaster on today, and now it's eating my heel.
  • edited June 2010
    Okay, I tested 6 programs today, and found one I liked: wxBanker.

All the others had tons of stuff to fill, accounts, investments, stuff like that.
    But I don't need any of that, it's kept track on online automatically, and it's the same every month anyways. I just needed something to track my variable expenses. wxBanker works nicely.
    I'm also using it to set money aside for a new laptop. So I thought I'd ask for advice. If I want to buy a laptop in a year or so, how much do you think I should set aside monthly?
    The laptop would probably be new, doesn't need to run any games at all and I might want to go for a tablet one. I have no idea what price range I might expect.
  • edited June 2010
    Who here likes The White Stripes?

I haven't heard much from them, but I like the stuff I have heard. Jack's voice can get a little grating sometimes, but I enjoy the minimalist sound they go for.
  • edited June 2010
    I hate it when the sneeze doesn't quite come out...
  • edited June 2010
    I hate it when the sneeze doesn't quite come out...

worst feeling ever!
  • edited June 2010
    My e-mail account needed sorting out so I went through it and deleted every unopened and unimportant message, and unsubscibed to all the annoying advertisers that were emailing me every day (not telltale though, I'm intrested in those e-mails), but now every time I log in there are no new messages. I'm beginnning to feel lonely.
  • edited June 2010
    Mish.

We just have a little Earthquake like 5 minutes ago. Probably the first earthquake I feel since April. And I'm pretty sure this is not an Aftershock of the 28F. Of course not. Must be the Valparaíso's Hotspot, not the Concepción's One.

Ahh... the hell. It's not raining a lot in the South, thank godness.
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Mish.

We just have a little Earthquake like 5 minutes ago. Probably the first earthquake I feel since April. And I'm pretty sure this is not an Aftershock of the 28F. Of course not. Must be the Valparaíso's Hotspot, not the Concepción's One.

Ahh... the hell. It's not raining a lot in the South, thank godness.

so, what, are you now 4cms to the left? or 2?
  • edited June 2010
    so, what, are you now 4cms to the left? or 2?

Probably a couple of milimeters or something. It wasn't that strong.

On the bright side, now I'm a couple of milimeters nearer to you =P.
  • edited June 2010
    I just found out Mark Darin was possibly in a band called "Electric Love Muffin"!
  • edited June 2010
    Hmmm... what genre are they?
  • edited June 2010
    I dont think he was but here is some info I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Love_Muffin

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=693963

Edit: The Myspace Page doesnt list his name in the members section.
  • edited June 2010
    Why are weekends so short?
  • edited June 2010
    Why are weekends so short?

'Tis a mystery that even the wisest among us cannot find a conclusion to. Even long weekends go by so fast that we can barely wave them off and thank them for their kind donation of rest and free time. Maybe it's the Earth itself, maybe it has a mind and personality, and just decides the rotate a little faster on the days that begin with 's' and decides to take its time with all the others - making the Earth a bastard, I guess.
  • edited June 2010
    Well I know I appreciate them more, after a long week of work. And then when you just get back in to the rhythm of going to bed at 3 in the morning and getting up at 4-5 in the afternoon, you have to go to bed at 12 and get up at half past 5. :p
  • edited June 2010
    'Tis a mystery that even the wisest among us cannot find a conclusion to. Even long weekends go by so fast that we can barely wave them off and thank them for their kind donation of rest and free time. Maybe it's the Earth itself, maybe it has a mind and personality, and just decides the rotate a little faster on the days that begin with 's' and decides to take its time with all the others - making the Earth a bastard, I guess.

Speaking of long weekends one is coming up this weekend.
  • edited June 2010
    Today, I have an EXAMMMM!!!:eek::eek:
  • edited June 2010
    Best of luck with that! :D
  • edited June 2010
    Today, I have an EXAMMMM!!!:eek::eek:

What kind of exam? if you dont mind me asking
  • edited June 2010
    why are long weekends so short?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah I know, it's a curse...
  • edited June 2010