The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I like salt and vinegar tasty jacks, but I havnt seen them in a while
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    I like salt and vinegar tasty jacks, but I haven't seen them in a while

Yes, those were actually quite good the few times I had them. Yeah, I haven't seen them for ages either, [Rhetorical Question] whatever happened to them?

I still think that they die in comparison to the brilliance of Red Rock's S&V, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Worcestershire sauce flavour crisps are the best. Well at least best in the UK as I don't have much knowledge of potato based snacks outside of the UK.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, those were actually quite good the few times I had them. Yeah, I haven't seen them for ages either, [Rhetorical Question] whatever happened to them?

I still think that they die in comparison to the brilliance of Red Rock's S&V, though.

Im going to have to buy a bag tomorrow now
  • edited June 2010
    Im going to have to buy a bag tomorrow now

Don't, you will throw up and explode
  • edited June 2010
    Don't, you will throw up and explode

This isnt fair im being told they're good then bad, please someone help me, what should i do, eat them or not. This is so confusing I think I will explode anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    This isnt fair im being told they're good then bad, please someone help me, what should i do, eat them or not. This is so confusing I think I will explode anyway.

Well, just a few questions first then.

A. Do you like balsamic vinegar at all (with something, of course. Not straight.)?
    B. Are you able to tolerate a tiny, tiny bit of bitterness?
    C. Do you like strong flavour?
    D. Do you like perfect texture?
    E. Are you a fan of salt & vinegar chips in general?

If you answered yes to these questions, then there is no reason why you shouldn't like the Red Rock S&V chips. They aren't really that bitter at all, Highway's tongue is exaggerating the information that travels from his mouth to his brain :D.
  • edited June 2010
    My, my, what's this fellow found here?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1562&stc=1&d=1275477986

Why, it appears to be a bag of Honey Soy Chicken Chips he's leaping into the shadows for. And it seems he is leaping AWAY from Seas Salt and Balsamic Vinegar. Isn't that a coincidence?
  • edited June 2010
    It is established fact that Max is crazy. So that GIF probably isn't the best argument ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Nothing is a good argument against Red Rock's Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Chips. They are undeniably excellent. They are almost the Chuck Norris of the chip/crisp world.
  • edited June 2010
    Well in Denmark we call them Chips and my boyfriend is English and he insists I call them Crisps, so I just call them both depending where I am. :)

And damn you Hayden, now I have to buy some Chips. :p
  • edited June 2010
    Then my work is done. I have made both you and Prizna want to go out and buy chips. If you each do so, then I have successfully conned you into losing a couple of your well-earned dollars/krone. Excellent!
  • edited June 2010
    I can't have most chips because they put milk in them for some unexplained reason.
    I can have the plan ones, and that's it. So I usually make my own or sprinkle something on the plain ones. I don't have chips very often anymore though.
  • edited June 2010
    I just devoured a 185g bag of Honey Soy Chicken... In 20 minutes... by myself... I love exam break!
  • edited June 2010
    I don't really like chips. I'm more of a cheese and cracker person...or cheesy crackers.

When I do eat chips, though, I always go for ones with cheese in them somewhere.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't really like chips/crisps much. They are always really salty and taste like they were dipped in oil for hours.

I do like corn chips, and I like popcorn, but cheese and crackers is the best!
  • edited June 2010
    I'm actually eating cheese and crackers right now. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Holy long windedness batman!

But in all seriousness, I almost agree. There are good, smart, and entirely non-idiotic people out there. Those of us who want there to be them havent found them yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, just a few questions first then.

A. Do you like balsamic vinegar at all (with something, of course. Not straight.)?
    B. Are you able to tolerate a tiny, tiny bit of bitterness?
    C. Do you like strong flavour?
    D. Do you like perfect texture?
    E. Are you a fan of salt & vinegar chips in general?

If you answered yes to these questions, then there is no reason why you shouldn't like the Red Rock S&V chips. They aren't really that bitter at all, Highway's tongue is exaggerating the information that travels from his mouth to his brain :D.

Yes to all, Im sold, I guess ill get some next time im at the shops
  • edited June 2010
    yay! I just bought Sam & Max TDP with Puzzle Agent and got them both for under 30 bucks.
  • edited June 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    yay! I just bought Sam & Max TDP with Puzzle Agent and got them both for under 30 bucks.

yeah, but you don't have a 1 in 3000 chance of winning a poster!
  • edited June 2010
    Why are Molly Hatchet not as famous as Lynyrd Skynyrd?
  • edited June 2010
    For that matter, I have trouble figuring out why Lynyrd Skynyrd are famous at all, but I guess it's just a matter of taste.

And "Freebird" just makes the whole thing even more confusing for me...
  • edited June 2010
    GuruGuru, if you weren't so right all of the way through the 'DVD Never Arriving?' thread, I would have bitten your head off and told you that you have no appreciation of good music. But I will let you off. I forgive you.

'Get Off Scott-Free Tokens' Used: 1/3
  • edited June 2010
    Aww, I was totally hoping to have an argument over that.

On the other hand, it wouldn't have been a very meaningful argument seeing as my reasons for not liking them are "I just don't", so maybe it's for the best. Plus I need to go to bed. So I'll accept your "Get Off Scott-Free Token" this time, but next time I want a damn argument!
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah right. You don't want an argument. I know you don't want an argument. You wouldn't be able to handle an argument.
  • edited June 2010
    Phew! I'm done with budgeting.

We used to have a very specific budget, with money taken out every paycheque and spread between envelopes for each category, and I wrote down everything we spent on a binder.
    But when we changed years, we thought we'd be doing fine and we didn't need to do that anymore. And that didn't work out so well for us :p

Now it's a new month so we're starting over, I've created a new budget and we're tracking expenses again, but this time differently: last years I'd copy every single thing listed on every single receipt onto the binder, with the amount. It was useful because if we wanted to go buy flour we just needed to check in the binder how much it cost us last time. But it was time confusing and pretty boring.
    Since we kept all receipts as well anyways, we've decided this time I'll number the receipts, and simply write down the receipt number and total in the binder. It should save a lot of time.

Also, we've adjusted our expenses and stuff but that was boring enough to do, it's probably even more boring to read about, so I'll spare you the details.

It's satisfying at any rate. Now this weekend, to clean the kitchen and organise the pantry so I can make an actual grocery list or everything we're missing.
  • edited June 2010
    You should keep track of your budget on the computer!
    You'd be able to make all kinds of interesting graphs!
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Phew! I'm done with budgeting.

We used to have a very specific budget, with money taken out every paycheque and spread between envelopes for each category, and I wrote down everything we spent on a binder.
    But when we changed years, we thought we'd be doing fine and we didn't need to do that anymore. And that didn't work out so well for us :p

Now it's a new month so we're starting over, I've created a new budget and we're tracking expenses again, but this time differently: last years I'd copy every single thing listed on every single receipt onto the binder, with the amount. It was useful because if we wanted to go buy flour we just needed to check in the binder how much it cost us last time. But it was time confusing and pretty boring.
    Since we kept all receipts as well anyways, we've decided this time I'll number the receipts, and simply write down the receipt number and total in the binder. It should save a lot of time.

Also, we've adjusted our expenses and stuff but that was boring enough to do, it's probably even more boring to read about, so I'll spare you the details.

It's satisfying at any rate. Now this weekend, to clean the kitchen and organise the pantry so I can make an actual grocery list or everything we're missing.

wait, so if you bought a bag of lolly snakes for example for $1.23, you have to include that in your tax? Or did I just read that completely wrong.

anyway, what's on my mind?

today im gonna print a poster of ginny's art.
    then go bowling
    then i'll eat
    then sleep
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    You should keep track of your budget on the computer!
    You'd be able to make all kinds of interesting graphs!

But these programs scare me! I never understand any of the categories and they're full of numbers. In the binder I can do it my way!
    I guess I'd like to switch, but since I do have to store the receipts somewhere, and that can't be in the computer...
    wait, so if you bought a bag of lolly snakes for example for $1.23, you have to include that in your tax? Or did I just read that completely wrong.

Nothing at all to do with taxes. I was doing that to keep track of my spending to make sure I spent enough.
    Yes, you read that right, I wanted to make sure I spent enough :p Before I had a budget I had no idea how much money I had spent so far so I was always freaked out that I had no money, and always got the cheapest thing ever, would skip meals to save on food, never bought anything that wasn't a basic need, etc, it got me health problems, which sucked.

When I track it, I know how much I've spent so far this month and so I know I can spend more and don't have to sacrifice everything just in case.

Lately however I've been starting to get freaked out again because once again I don't know how much we're spending. While my past experience leads me to want to think "we can afford to spend more", I don't want to go into the opposite mistake and get into debt, either. So I'm going back to tracking it. At least this way I know where I'm standing, it gives me some peace of mind.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I guess I'd like to switch, but since I do have to store the receipts somewhere, and that can't be in the computer...

Not true!

Of course, that'd mean setting money aside in the budget to save up for the new system, which may be entirely unfeasible, but technically it is possible for the receipts to be stored in the computer. Actually, it'd be possible with a regular scanner too. This is just fancier.
    Yeah right. You don't want an argument. I know you don't want an argument. You wouldn't be able to handle an argument.

I beg to differ.
  • edited June 2010

Oh, but see, you've exerted your best efforts all through that threat and now, feeling depleted, you have nothing left to take me on with. you're not up for an argument.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh, but see, you've exerted your best efforts all through that threat and now, feeling depleted, you have nothing left to take me on with. you're not up for an argument.

Them's fightin' words, boy.
  • edited June 2010

My arguing skills are an infinite ammo weapon.
  • edited June 2010
    My arguing skills are an infinite ammo weapon.

Unfortunately you forgot to load it
  • edited June 2010
    Well...uh...that's stupid and you're stupid!
  • edited June 2010
    Having skimmed James Joyce's love letters, I am now left wondering if the majority of people in Victorian-era Britain were secretly just as perverted.

It's pretty disconcerting, actually.
  • edited June 2010
    They were. The fifth most common electronic device to be used in the average household during the Victorian era was the vibrator. I am not joking about this.
  • edited June 2010
    They were. The fifth most common electronic device to be used in the average household during the Victorian era was the vibrator. I am not joking about this.

Ehhhh... I'm not so sure about that. Wikipedia says that it was the fifth domestic device to become electrified, not the fifth most common. And from what I can tell from a bunch of sources, it looks like it was marketed as a medical device to cure 'female hysteria.' Of course, I guess it's debatable if women actually used them to 'cure' themselves, but I don't see any evidence that says it was really common.

Besides, when I said perverted, I meant really, really perverted. As in, The Imageboard That Shall Not Be Named perverted.
  • edited June 2010
    Heh, I guess I just assumed in the dark recesses of my mind that if it was electrified so soon it must have been common. But, yeah, Victorians were really perverted underneath that veneer of propriety.
This discussion has been closed.