The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Here's a moral question for you people of high intelligency. If a man is a foaming raving idiot, a nincompoop, and a moron, is it okay to steal his girl away from him?

That depends, is the girl genuinely happy, or does she just pity the guy?
  • edited November 2010
    Here's a moral question for you people of high intelligency. If a man is a foaming raving idiot, a nincompoop, and a moron, is it okay to steal his girl away from him?

I don't think a girl of physical/ mental health would be seeing a man like that. Would you see a girl who would see man like that? You'd have to steal her away from some one foaming at the mouth, a complete moron?

I don't really get where you're going with this but it definitely derails the OT.

I don't know if that is so much morals , as it is philosophical, aside from that word "steal" in there. The situation doesn't sound very likely, and is very hypothetical. I don't like your example.

No, I know I'd like to feel confident but I don't think I'm highly intelligent, at least not socially. Just thought I'd give my two cents.
  • edited November 2010

No matter how your phrase it LeChuck will not steal Elaine from Guybrush.
  • edited November 2010

If the girl is happy, no.

If the girl doesn't want to be with him, yes.

If the girl pities him, no.

If the girl is an idiot, then HELL no.
  • edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    No matter how your phrase it LeChuck will not steal Elaine from Guybrush.

LOL, indeed!
  • edited November 2010
    If Guybrush is such a mighty pirate, why has he never torrented anything?
  • edited November 2010
    Tomorrow is veterans day, that means I eat at chili's for free, and I sit on the webs when I get back from chili's.

Edit: I also call my old platoon and ask how they're doing.
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Tomorrow is veterans day, that means I eat at chili's for free, and I sit on the webs when I get back from chili's.

Happy Veterans Day tomorrow Icedhope!
  • edited November 2010

You're a vet?

When did you serve?
  • edited November 2010
    You're a vet?

When did you serve?

2005-2009

Iraq Oct,2006-May,2007.

USMC
  • edited November 2010
    AHA! Joke's on you, I don't HAVE a girl!

:(
  • edited November 2010

A dashing fellow like you is single!? I've always wondered if you were a player or not.

On a other note, Icedhope changed a little of my deranged perspective on life by showing me how human and normal a combat vet can be. He's a pretty cool guy.
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope is the man. Seriously!

Thank you for your service man! Seriously!

Seriously!
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope is the man. Seriously!

Thank you for your service man! Seriously!

Seriously!

Sewiously, Pom Pom.

Oh, come on. Somebody had to say it.
  • edited November 2010
    I watched the Invader Zim Christmas special today, and:
  • edited November 2010
    @ RingmasterJ5

In response to your signature, I half agree with you.

It does need to happen, but it might happen. If we bug them enough.
  • edited November 2010
    Gentlemen gentlemen. Use your heads. You only steal something of VALUE. So naturally the girl would have to be intelligent, the kind that the poor nincompoop is undeserving of. And to anyone who might have thought the situation described was anything other than hypothetical, sirs I drink to you, and your women will be mine by the end of the week.

My advice? Wait until Comrade Pants has one then steal his.

party-blower.jpg
    And on to a topic far more interesting-
    2005-2009

Iraq Oct,2006-May,2007.

USMC
    I have to thank you as well. I know a couple of men who served in Iraq, one of whom is a marine. He must have had a rough time of it, because he'll barely talk about his time there. At least I think he was a marine. He might have been army; I always get those two mixed up.
  • edited November 2010
    Gentlemen gentlemen. Use your heads. You only steal something of VALUE. So naturally the girl would have to be intelligent, the kind that the poor nincompoop is undeserving of. And to anyone who might have thought the situation described was anything other than hypothetical, sirs I drink to you, and your women will be mine by the end of the week.

Well , we agree on that. Thank God, because when I get a woman, finally actually get her, it's definitely fair if I get to keep her. :D

I hadn't broken down it word for word though so I didn't analyze it as you have as if it were a riddle with a correct answer. Good old logic...
  • edited November 2010
    Gentlemen gentlemen. Use your heads. You only steal something of VALUE. So naturally the girl would have to be intelligent.

What if she had a giant rack?
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010

Refer her to a certain now-dead thread on these forums, of course. :D
  • edited November 2010

And she's still intelligent? Then I'll have something to look at or rest my feet on while I'm talking to her.
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »

I think I love this...

Hypocritical: Pop and Disco are the same thing. I like disco, but hate Pop music.
  • edited November 2010
    I really do live in my own world. I would have never thought you'd like that shit and that so many of you would watch Toy Story 3.

Amazing...truly amazing.

Well, back to spamm now...please....
  • edited November 2010
    I love that song Dancing Queen.
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Well, back to spamm now...please....

Okay.
    800px-Spam_with_cans.jpeg

I just had to :P

I have just finished doing a karaoke cover of Never Gonna Give You Up. If this gets me a girlfriend I've been trying to hard.
  • edited November 2010
    I guess I'm late, but either way...

Who's trying to steal your girlfriend?

Also, as far as I'm concerned, who the victim is doesn't make something right if it would otherwise be wrong. Plus the whole concept seems rather disrespectful, not just of the guy, but of his girlfriend, too. You don't "steal" people, but possesions, so you're basically saying she's his possession and not her own person.
  • edited November 2010
    Also, as far as I'm concerned, who the victim is doesn't make something right if it would otherwise be wrong. Plus the whole concept seems rather disrespectful, not just of the guy, but of his girlfriend, too. You don't "steal" people, but possessions, so you're basically saying she's his possession and not her own person.

Oh come off it.

First of all, respect has to be earned. Someone worthy of respect is someone any girl is lucky to have. I'm not talking about the lovable, adorable kind of idiot here who anybody would gladly stand up for. I'm talking in terms of a real asshole.

Second, where the hell are you getting the idea that two people belonging to one another in the concept of love is the same as a house or car belonging to a person in the concept of ownership. When people enter into a relationship they are making a commitment. That commitment can be broken off at any time. During that commitment you belong to one another, not because you're owned like an object and forced to like a slave but because of your commitment to one another, but that commitment can be broken apart by choice, unlike slavery. That's why we have break ups and divorce. It almost seems like the concept you have stems from some sort of fear of a loss of independence. You can be independent to a point but if you're entering into a committed relationship to another person your commitment to that person requires some personal sacrifice, which means you can't be completely independent of them anymore. If you want to completely be your own person and want complete independence, then you can have a non-committal relationship (basically just casual sex) or not enter into a relationship. And this doesn't just apply to a monogynous relationship. It applies to any relationship.

So to steal someones girlfriend away would imply getting the girl to leave her current committed relationship and entering into a committed relationship with you instead. That's not necessarily wrong depending on the factors. If she was in a non-committed relationship, you wouldn't be stealing her away in the first place, as she's having sex without commitment.

Now get back in the kitchen before I have to backhand somebo-

>Avistew pulls out an Uzi and riddles my body with bullets
  • edited November 2010
    So to steal someones girlfriend away would imply getting the girl to leave her current committed relationship and entering into a committed relationship with you instead.

Then why word it from the point of view of "taking something from the guy"?
    Incidentally, I'm not saying "you're sexist", as you seem to believe (from the last comment about going to the kitchen), that's not the point, it would be the same the other way around or if everyone was the same gender. The point is, if you want to be in a relationship with someone, then you need them to want to be in a relationship with you.
    If they're currently in a relationship, they might make the decision to get out of it because it was a bad relationship, and they might make the independent decision to start one with you. (Neither decision implies the other as far as I'm concerned.)
    However, phrasing it as "stealing" makes little sense to me, that's what my point was, really.

"Is it okay to try and have a relationship with a woman who already has a boyfriend if the boyfriend is (insert insults here)?" wouldn't have resulted in the same reaction from me.
    The idea that a girlfriend/boyfriend is something you own or deserve is just a dangerous idea as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, people say things like that all the time. It just annoys me. I feel it's treating humans as possessions and not people. I mean really, what leads you to believe she'd even want to leave her boyfriend? What makes you think you can make her change her mind? Do you know better than she does what's good for her? Because assuming you know better than she does is disrespecting her. Obviously she knows that guy better than you do, and she probably knows herself better than you do as well.
    Plus, what would lead you to believe that if she left somebody for you, she wouldn't also leave you for someone else just the same, anyways?

I'm using "you" in the general sense here, by the way.
  • edited November 2010
    riddled-with-bullets.png
    godfather-sonny.jpg
    me^

Hells bells, "stealing away" is just a bloody figure of speech. You've made an art of reading into words. I could make enough books out of how much you read into what I said to fill libraries.

And as far as the kitchen comment, I didn't think you thought I was sexist, I was just teasing. I didn't think you were being THAT serious. I can see posting that was the equivalent of this-

2mhaf42.jpg
    Anyways, people say things like that all the time. It just annoys me. I feel it's treating humans as possessions and not people. I mean really, what leads you to believe she'd even want to leave her boyfriend? What makes you think you can make her change her mind? Do you know better than she does what's good for her? Because assuming you know better than she does is disrespecting her. Obviously she knows that guy better than you do, and she probably knows herself better than you do as well.
    Plus, what would lead you to believe that if she left somebody for you, she wouldn't also leave you for someone else just the same, anyways?

It's her prerogative.
  • edited November 2010
    You're weird :p

I know the kitchen thing was a joke. I thought you made that joke because you thought I went all "women aren't objects, you sexist person" while I actually was saying "people aren't possession" and it just happened to be a female.

Either way, glad we"ve sorted that out.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I need new headphones or a new headset.

I would recommend the Plantronic GameCom, I have the 377 open ear model and I have not regret buying them. Nice, big and really soft, I can wear them for hours without my ears starting to go warm or hurt.
  • edited November 2010
    I would recommend the Plantronic GameCom, I have the 377 open ear model and I have not regret buying them. Nice, big and really soft, I can wear them for hours without my ears starting to go warm or hurt.

I like my Ultrasone HFI-450 headphones.
  • edited November 2010
    Poor Donald and that draft
  • edited November 2010
    I just had a letter come through from the conservatives thanking me for supporting them at the last election, and asking me to join their party...
    But I voted against them!
  • edited November 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I just had a letter come through thanking me for supporting them at the last election, and asking me to join their party...

The Wonders of the Secret Vote.
  • edited November 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I just had a letter come through thanking me for supporting them at the last election, and asking me to join their party...

Is 'them' the Tories or even the Lib Dems? If so that was one badly timed letter

And we all know you voted BNP :p
  • edited November 2010
    Alan, Doodo, Fawful. Thank you for your thanks, today isn't an easy day for me. But I thank you for your support it means a lot to me, thank you guys. :)
  • edited November 2010
    Hello everyone!
    What are you all doing:D
  • edited November 2010
    Jessica wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    What are you all doing:D

Talking. About random stuff.
This discussion has been closed.