The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    You should upload that as a text only video.
    Only if the background track is "Crawling" by Linkin Park.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm really excited for the Walking Dead episode tonight. If we can get a zombie HALF as good as the iconic crawling woman from the first episode, then this series is going to be a blast for however long it lasts. I really hope they end up going through the Prison Arc, because The Governor on TV would just be.....oh man, that would just be fantastic.

you and that governor
  • edited November 2010
    I'm just about to try some marmite flavoured cheese. It smells... odd, and it looks more like Fudge than Cheese.
    *edit*
    Hmmm... tasted like very strong cheddar cheese.
  • edited November 2010
    That sounds... incredibly disgusting, yet oddly compelling.
  • edited November 2010
    Yuuuuuup, still want to punch plenty of people in the FG community in the face and tell them STFU.
  • edited November 2010
    fg?
  • edited November 2010
    fighting game

Honestly, I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that one of the reasons fighting games aren't that popular is because of the community.
  • edited November 2010
    I thought you ment Family Guy.
  • edited November 2010
    Just watched an old episode of doctor who, which had the presenter of one of my favourite programmes when I was a small child, "come outside" (a woman and her dog would encounter problems in daily life and would then take a ride in her plane to find out all about them, such as if she broke a vase she would fly down to the quarry's, then to the potteries) playing the main villain. It's brought back loads of memories. Far better than the nonsense little kids get to watch nowadays, where everyone just talks gibberish... *sighs*
  • edited November 2010
    Today I had to repress my killing impulses because my sister put her hand in my shoulder. Then I remember I totally forgot take my pills
  • edited November 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    you and that governor

...sitting in a tree, molesting his daughter... >.>
  • edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Today I had to repress my killing impulses because my sister put her hand in my shoulder. Then I remember I totally forgot take my pills

patrickbateman.jpg&t=1

Hey man, I know what you mean. If my sister even dares to look in my direction I instantly have a knife and/or chainsaw in my hand and we're playing a nice friendly game of Operation Tag.
  • edited November 2010

I'm going to take a guess and assume you mean ON your shoulder, In which case I understand. Really would freak someone out to have someone put their hand on their shoulder.

Which reminds me. Anxiety sucks.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I'm going to take a guess and assume you mean ON your shoulder, In which case I understand. Really would freak someone out to have someone put their hand on their shoulder.

Which reminds me. Anxiety sucks.

I dunno I would expect someone putting there hand through your shoulder would hurt like hell and make you angry enough to kill.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't stand Disney's Cinderella or Snow White. Both of them just get on my nerves.

And I've been noticing lately that Disney princes are really incredibly bland characters. There's really nothing notable whatsoever about Cinderella's Prince Charming or Snow White's The Prince, then there's Aurora's Prince Phillip, who at least gets to sing a song and fight a dragon but that's about it. Hell, The Little Mermaid's Prince Eric is probably the best fleshed out prince in the franchise, and even he isn't all that interesting, not to mention he's an idiot. Aladdin wasn't such a bad character, but then the movie was about him instead of Jasmine, and he wasn't actually a prince until he married her at the end of the last movie. Until last year, the only Disney prince we ever got that wasn't totally boring was the Beast. I don't think I need to elaborate on that one.

There's not too much to be said about the two "princesses" (according to Wikipedia, anyway) that followed Jasmine. Pocohontas's John Smith definitely wasn't a prince, and he was an asshole (naturally, since he was voiced by Mel Gibson), and Mulan wasn't really a princess and Shang wasn't really a prince.

But at least the problem was overcome in The Princess and the Frog. Prince Naveen was a selfish and conceited jerkwad, but he had a good story with good character development, and he was redeemed. He was similar to the Beast in those respects, but with less rage and more funny, and his human form wasn't just as bland as the other princes like the Beast was.

Yeah, I've put way too much thought into this.
  • edited November 2010
    BITmX.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    @GuruGuru214:
    Whats your opinion on Esmerelda and Phoebus, just out of curiosity?
  • edited November 2010
    The 1993 one looks like a section off the Crystal Maze.
  • edited November 2010
    @GuruGuru214:
    Whats your opinion on Esmerelda and Phoebus, just out of curiosity?

Not boring, but not royalty. Kind of funny how that seemed to go hand-in-hand prior to last year.
  • edited November 2010
    then there's Aurora's Prince Phillip, who at least gets to sing a song and fight a dragon but that's about it.

At least he got to do something. In the original story, he pops out of nowhere after 30 years of Aurora's Sleeping. He gets no fight and still get the girl. I mean, THAT'S bland.

----

I just discovered I need my pills to DRAW. Now I'm going to drown into my own sorrow.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, doody pooperscoops. I officially have a cold. I should be used to sore throats by now, but I'm not. -.-
  • edited November 2010
    At least he got to do something. In the original story, he pops out of nowhere after 30 years of Aurora's Sleeping. He gets no fight and still get the girl. I mean, THAT'S bland.

Wasn't the original that she got raped in her sleep and only woke up when her child were born and sucked off the splinter from her finger? Or at least in the one the original was based of.
  • edited November 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    BITmX.jpg

Looks like a doom map. Maybe Episode 1, map 1? No but it still looks like a doom map.
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Wasn't the original that she got raped in her sleep and only woke up when her child were born and sucked off the splinter from her finger? Or at least in the one the original was based of.

Yes, and the King's wife wasn't impressed when she showed up with her kids, so she tried to kill them but she's the one who ended up dead.
  • edited November 2010
    Dear lord, Tokido that was amazing, I really hope someone got a pic of that XD
  • edited November 2010
    Got four hours sleep and need to hike 45 minutes to class in half an hour. As if I needed another reason to loathe mondays...
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Looks like a doom map. Maybe Episode 1, map 1? No but it still looks like a doom map.

E1M6. (Central Processing)
  • edited November 2010
    Until last year, the only Disney prince we ever got that wasn't totally boring was the Beast.

Why does everybody forget about Prince Edward?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3uxOjWf9LA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yql0Rq626oA

And those aren't even his "finest" moments.
  • edited November 2010
    Mardsen was an excellent choice for the role. XD
  • edited November 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Why does everybody forget about Prince Edward?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3uxOjWf9LA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yql0Rq626oA

And those aren't even his "finest" moments.

Two reasons. 1. Giselle was excluded from the Disney Princesses when Disney realized they would have to pay Amy Adams every time they used her likeness, and 2. I've unfortunately never gotten to see Enchanted. I did consider mentioning Enchanted, but I would've had no idea what I was talking about. Anyway, Enchanted is still within the last couple years.
  • edited November 2010
    I have a drawing just behind me begging me to be finished. But I have better things to do. Sadly.
  • edited November 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    E1M6. (Central Processing)

Damn, you're good.
  • edited November 2010
    Damn, you're good.

I recognized the room maze on the lower right. That part annoyed the crap out of me back then... (I used to get easily lost in FPSes)
  • edited November 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    Dear certain Youtube users,
    uploading a 10 minute video with only text in it NEVER brings your point across. While people prolly won't even watch it completely, it also takes away webspace that yould be filled with videos of adorable little kittens. Something I need to watch after your link turned out to be one of those endless-text-videos.
    If you are not capable of doing decent video editing to support your opinion, get a blog. There are thousands of free providers. Just look for one.

Sincerely,
    me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZmJC3I50c
  • edited November 2010
    Here's a cool video for the morning, and it's Back to the Future related!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfczHkEoHMM
  • edited November 2010
    Honestly i have no idea. It just made me laughing and weeping at the same time because it contains quite some truth.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, now I feel dumb. I've been wondering for weeks why my bedroom is so cold compared to the rest of the apartment, but I never thought to check if the radiator was actually turned on. I should probably stop keeping my Warhammer army cases in front of it.
  • edited November 2010

That is freaking awesome.
  • edited November 2010
    I've suddenly got a sudden urge to hike across the country. Maybe that'll be my summer project this year!
  • edited November 2010

This made my day. Please tell me that was you playing the guitar durring the text parts.
This discussion has been closed.