The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I guess I am entitled to complain. :D

I get back to work, after climbing mountains (small easy ones) on break and I realize how ridiculous I've been. I realize how my emotions control and mold my life, my fears, my discomforts, how I hold myself back.

I see that girl I've been crushing on after avoiding her all day ( I felt like I didn't have to see her, as if I was fine without) and for some stupid goofy reason like a miserable drunk or a fool I'm smiling and happy to see her. I don't really know her that well. I live in such a superficial and strange world, maybe this is what it means to be human.

I'm so naive and disjointed around a woman like her, I feel like a child. I can't call it love, never been in true love. Meaning I never had a deep relationship to anyone. I have a childish love for her though that I haven't felt since High School.
  • edited August 2010
    Today I did a Wordpress Theme. Looks nice, but is a mess coding wise.

And I'm pretty sure anyone could broke it in a second.

But, well, it's my first wordpress theme since last year ^^!
  • edited August 2010
    Don't feel silly for liking her, doodoo. Savour it. The giddiness, the happiness, the uncontrollable smiling... Even if nothing ever happens, you'll always have that. Just enjoy it :)

I don't think it's silly or ridiculous. I think it's great for you.
  • edited August 2010
    My first ever parking ticket. And I was so careful, too! Grrr.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    My first ever parking ticket. And I was so careful, too! Grrr.

Ugh, tough break. I've never had a parking ticket, but then I haven't driven a car for almost 2 years now - yipes. Pretty sure I've lost my (extremely limited) ability to reverse park.

One place I worked, there were time-limited parking places outside the building. The office was on a high floor so people would just keep an eye out for parking officers down on the street. If one was spotted, the word would go out and everyone would rush down and switch their cars around. It was a bit silly.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm going to go to cedar point and ride roller coasters. I think I'm in the mood.
  • edited August 2010
    A friend and I made a pilgrimage to Cedar Point a little over ten years ago (we flew out from LA for the weekend). Loved it.

We were standing in line for one of the coasters (Mantis, maybe?) just before closing when suddenly "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex came over the loudspeakers, and everyone in line just went nuts, dancing and singing along.

My friend and I looked at each other in total disbelief as this happened. Suddenly we remembered we were in Ohio, and that we were not from Ohio. We figured that explained it.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm trying to write the Tesis Theme Presentation (For put it a name in English) and everything I wrote sound like I'm just made it up. :S
  • edited August 2010
    I was kind of annoyed that my favorite singer released his first "children's" song today, for a Haiti relief album. That was, until I thought of it as a "normal" song of his, not like a "children's" song.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't see what's wrong with children's songs. I mean, tmbg does them very well.
  • edited August 2010
    I was kind of annoyed that Jonathan Coulton released his first disappointing to adults but great for kids song today, for a Haiti relief album. That was, until I thought of it as an
    actually passable song of his, not like a bad song.

Fixed.
  • edited August 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    A friend and I made a pilgrimage to Cedar Point a little over ten years ago (we flew out from LA for the weekend). Loved it.

We were standing in line for one of the coasters (Mantis, maybe?) just before closing when suddenly "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex came over the loudspeakers, and everyone in line just went nuts, dancing and singing along.

My friend and I looked at each other in total disbelief as this happened. Suddenly we remembered we were in Ohio, and that we were not from Ohio. We figured that explained it.

:p
    I live in Ohio, come to think of it, I'm lucky...I might as well go for the day because I don't even have to pay for a plane ticket.
  • edited August 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I don't see what's wrong with children's songs. I mean, tmbg does them very well.

Well, I'm 13 years old, the perfect "hates kid songs" age. But, TMBG do have some good ones. I was expecting their song on the same album to souind good, but it didn't even sound like them. It sounded... weird.

BoneFreak wrote: »
    Fixed.

Yep.
  • edited August 2010
    Yep.

I perfectly knew that "favorite artist" translated into Jonathan Coulton.

And you're 13 too? Glad I'm not the only one.
  • edited August 2010
    oh geez kids
  • edited August 2010
    Mmmmm... We got here a program called 31 minutos (31 Minutes, is a parody of an old news program from here, which I don't remember how is called) which is a Kids Show with the most Awesome Kids Songs EVER! I love this one "Equilibrio Espiritual" (Spiritual Balance) which is about a guy who decided to take off the training wheels of his bike.

This is the only song of that kind, but those guys had a ton of awesome songs during their 3 Seasons.
  • edited August 2010
    I love it when I'm in class, there's no work to do, and I can't talk. Bleh.
  • edited August 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    I perfectly knew that "favorite artist" translated into Jonathan Coulton.

How could you not, when everything but my name references him?
  • edited August 2010
    I don't know if anybody knows of Tally Hall, but they've recorded some great kid's songs for the Disney channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyz-EUvRGr4
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody knows of Tally Hall, but they've recorded some great kid's songs for the Disney channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyz-EUvRGr4

I guess that's the point: Good Kids Songs do exist, just you doesn't have to think the kids are stupid or something. I mean, If I still find covers of I don't Want to live on the moon must be for something!
  • edited August 2010
    Looks like I'm the only one in class working again.

I am working! I'm just taking a brief whine on the Internet break.
  • edited August 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Looks like I'm the only one in class working again.

I am working! I'm just taking a brief whine on the Internet break.

At least your whine is a bit more elaborated than my friend's "This is boring" using Twitter.
  • edited August 2010
    Just "this is boring" without any elaboration? That's not very informative.

I should probably start using my Twitter again.
  • edited August 2010
    I really dislike Cisco.
    edited August 2010
    Flatmate messaged to say that a) he's out of the country for a few days, and b) one of the cats is missing. Have to look for her when I get home. She's ridiculously old and probably overdue for death, so I'm desperately hoping I don't find a maggoty corpse under the bed. Eurgh.
  • edited August 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    She's ridiculously old and probably overdue for death, so I'm desperately hoping I don't find a maggoty corpse under the bed. Eurgh.

The cat or the flatmate? Badum-bish.
    edited August 2010
    Ok, you can stop panicking. The cat turned up alive and well and maggot-free.
  • edited August 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Ok, you can stop panicking. The cat turned up alive and well and maggot-free.

As far as you know...Zombie Cat Lurks everywhere.
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Just "this is boring" without any elaboration? That's not very informative.

I should probably start using my Twitter again.

He just assume the world knows which class is he in.
  • edited August 2010
    Roller Coasters are a metaphor for life! You ride, you move forward in life, you reach a steep climb and things are the hardest then (first cut is the deepest) and then after it's all just down hill from there and things keep moving!

It's like asking a woman out, making the first move, it's that first big hill, that first climb that's the scariest and then the rest is a ride!

ROLLER COASTERS FOR LIFE!

Magnum XL-200
    Millennium Force
    Raptor
    Top Thrill Dragster
  • edited August 2010
    Why is simons quest making me angry...why am I playing it...Oooh YEAH! I prosess a RIB!
  • edited August 2010
    Castlevania II?
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2010
    Apple Seeds!

I can't get those two words out of my mind; Thanks a lot Skank
  • edited August 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Castlevania II?

Yes, sir the Notorious...I've been playing for almost 12* hrs straight Simons quest.

*might be exagerating on the 12 hrs part.
  • edited August 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Yes, sir the Notorious...I've been playing for almost 12* hrs straight Simons quest.

*might be exagerating on the 12 hrs part.

I remember playing it years ago, was hard. Can't remember if I ever completed it or not. I do remember hating going outdside of a town at night, and that the last item I can clearly remember getting was the morning star. Don't know why that's fixed in my head after 20 or so years ago.
  • edited August 2010
    The FCC meeting on August 19th about the future of the internet is on my mind right now. For anyone that doesn't know, Google and Verizon have made a deal to end the internet as we know it. This is a mega corporate takeover and we need as many people supporting Net Neutrality as possible to keep the internet open and equally accessible to all of us!

What do you have to lose? Free speech, education, innovation, activism, community, MILLIONS of jobs and ideas. This is priceless. The internet MUST be kept open and equally accessible to everyone. The amount of greed in our world is sick. Don't let these corporate giants have even deeper pockets. Stand up for what's right -- defend Net Neutrality.

Video: http://bit.ly/Video-Stop-the-Corporate-Takeover-of-the-Media

Please contact your members in Congress and go to http://savetheinternet.com and http://bit.ly/2-Million-Strong to find out more. There is a petition you can sign on their site, and you can also sign Senator Franken's petition here: http://bit.ly/Petition-To-Save-Internet

Talk to members in Congress personally. We need to put MAXIMUM pressure on them! That's how we can win this, but we have to do it together. ACT NOW.
This discussion has been closed.