The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I hate this double standard stuff. If a kid worries about zombies it's "cute", but when adults do it's called paranoia and they're sent to an asylum.
  • edited September 2010
    I hate this double standard stuff. If a kid worries about zombies it's "cute", but when adults do it's called paranoia and they're sent to an asylum.

Ah?
  • edited September 2010
    Adults are supposed to be able to tell reality from fantasy.

And it's not a mental illness unless it impairs quality of life.
  • edited September 2010
    Think he was joking. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Think he was joking. ;)

A Scary joke...
  • edited September 2010

Well they haven't locked me up yet!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Well they haven't locked me up yet!!!!

Or that guy who wrote the extremely helpful Zombie Survival Guide. I love that book.
  • edited September 2010
    This

I can't wait to see how this episode system will work out for them.
  • edited September 2010
    Speaking of zombies, I'm recording a comedy Let's Play of Resident Evil. Since it's my first time playing the game, I'm rather surprised by it. By how much it sucks I mean. How bad the acting is. How many plot holes there are. How this series ever got off the ground.

...Yeah. Resident Evil 2 looks like it may be better.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah I remember when I watched an online blog like thing called Weekly Video Review, Resident Evil won with having the worst acting in game in history.
    A good example was you walk into a hallway, and Jill stands there stareing for about 5 minutes before saying "A hallway!"

Well it was funny the way they put it anyway. :p
  • edited September 2010
    I would like to note that zombies is incorrect as a plural, it's actually Zombi. I'm serious, look it up
  • edited September 2010
    Speaking of zombies, I'm recording a comedy Let's Play of Resident Evil. Since it's my first time playing the game, I'm rather surprised by it. By how much it sucks I mean. How bad the acting is. How many plot holes there are. How this series ever got off the ground.

The game took a while to find its place. I hear the GameCube remake of the first game is more how it should be. I wouldn't know, since I was saving it until I'd collected the rest of the series, which I haven't, and as such I've only played Zero, 4, and 5.
  • edited September 2010

But that's why the first game is so great.

Speaking of bad moments, there are multiple times in the game where it's like 'Jim is dead, let's split up!' like it's Scooby Doo or something.
  • edited September 2010
    Di' someone say... zombies?

Also, which song is best? The above song, this, or this?
  • edited September 2010
    But that's why the first game is so great.

"You are the master of unlocking" justifies the game's existence by itself. :D

I love that even Capcom finds the shoddy translation hilarious, as evidenced by the "Jill's Sandwiches" store in Dead Rising.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, yeah I know they wanted to make a game that payed homage to B-horror movies...so...they created a B-horror game? Congratulations...I guess..to me that just means they intentionally made the game worse than they could have.

I admit, on hilarity alone the game is worth playing. But RE fanboys who take it way too seriously are nuts. Also I love how Wesker went from being the pretend-cool douchebag who wears sunglasses in pitch black to the DARTH VADER of the series. Looking back; that's a petty heavy transition for that character. I'm not sure which sequel I'm most psyched to play; they all sound and look pretty awesome.

And S.T.A.R.S. is the worst special forces team on the entire planet. One thing that disappoints me with this game; I thought I'd be playing as some real badasses, which wouldn't be outside B-movie fashion. But these guys suck; why couldn't Wesker have been a playable character?
  • edited September 2010
    Did this site go down for anyone else? Or is my computer just throwing a tantrum?
  • edited September 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Did this site go down for anyone else? Or is my computer just throwing a tantrum?

Mine went down. Also nobody posted over the last hour, so either this happened to other people too, or they thought the forum wasn't trendy any more.
  • edited September 2010
    mine was down 2
  • edited September 2010
    Oh **** an avatar.
  • edited September 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I think they time travel. *facepalm*

Bringing this horrid topic I don't want to bring back up back up;

You know what this means! [cue Back to the Future theme song]

On the other hand; poor MTV. It it's only a mere shadow of what it used to be back in the day. What does the 'M' stand for now, 'mediocre'? I definitely know it doesn't stand for 'music' anymore. The only thing that has to do with music on that channel is the Music Awards. And maaaybee you can count the catchy reality show theme songs.

Fortunately, VH1 has taken its place. Yay!

P.S; yes, almost every time I post in this thread I'm going to have a problem with something. That's just the way I am, and this thread doesn't say that I can't state my opinion to the world or whatever percentage of the world happens to dedicate themselves to the Telltale Community.
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder if any country actually has good TV.
  • edited September 2010
    I just went through every channel I have. Mostly no, if I count as 'any country'.

I have too many forum accounts, if you're wondering why I lurk so much, which you probably are. [strikeout]I can read minds, you know.[/strikeout]

Drat, that command doesn't work.
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder if any country actually has good TV.

I think that the UK had some decent programs before they got cancelled.

Anyway, my own thing. I'm auditioning for a play called the Mousetrap. Anybody got some advice for me? (Besides the obvious "Don't step on the mouse trap.")
  • edited September 2010

Anyway, my own thing. I'm auditioning for a play called the Mousetrap. Anybody got some advice for me? (Besides the obvious "Don't step on the mouse trap.")

Use slapstick humor that bends the laws of physics to fool the cat, which will surely fall for it.
  • edited September 2010
    And S.T.A.R.S. is the worst special forces team on the entire planet. One thing that disappoints me with this game; I thought I'd be playing as some real badasses, which wouldn't be outside B-movie fashion. But these guys suck; why couldn't Wesker have been a playable character?

If you play Zero, Bravo team is a bit less disappointing, though they don't really fare any better than Alpha team.
  • edited September 2010

Make sure the diver's facing backwards because forwards doen't work for some reason. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    :confused: ...Okay, thanks for the help.
  • edited September 2010

When you get to the big glowy thing at the end of the level just mash A and B together really fast. It won't look like it's working at first but then it'll just die and you'll get the win theme.
  • edited September 2010
    Okay, let me clarify. Has anybody got any useful advice for my audition?
  • edited September 2010

Wow, haven't heard that in *years*. First heard it in a sampler CD that came with some magazine that's probably long out of print, and never again since I lost it. Very odd way of presenting a motivational speech, but it's a good'n.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm so incredibly LUCKY!!! Life is wonderful and I'm sorry it won't be long before i forget
  • edited September 2010
    they've got a power and a force like you've never seen before
    They've got the ability to morph and to even up the score
    No one will ever take them down
    they've go the power on their side
    Go go Power Rangers
    Go Go Power Rangers
    Go Go Power Rangers
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  • edited September 2010
    Okay, let me clarify. Has anybody got any useful advice for my audition?

Be confident and if you aren't don't let them see it. Just keep pushing yourself, but don't push too much otherwise they'll feel annoyed.
  • edited September 2010
    Weezer rules. I'm so glad they have a new album out. Thumbs up if you agree!

...oh, wait. I forgot this isn't Youtube.
  • edited September 2010
    Weezer something something irrelevant comparison to Justin Bieber misspelled three letter word Weezer Weezer thinly veiled racist insult

...oh, wait. I forgot this isn't Youtube.

Fix'd. :p
  • edited September 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Fix'd. :p

Hey, stop using stereotypes!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    I have hot water in the shower for the first time in TWO weeks! Bliss.
  • edited September 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I have hot water in the shower for the first time in TWO weeks! Bliss.

Bliss? *Thinks Back*
    Sam:Hey, Hugh Bliss! Seperate This! (flares, hugh dissolves)
    Max: Pasteurized!
    Sam: Congratulations, Max! You've won the grand prize: a drink of our villain!
    Max: Hey, Hugh bliss! See you on the other side! (He drinks Hugh)
    Sam: I can't wait to see the souvenir you keep from this case.

Ew.
This discussion has been closed.