The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I think this means you owe us a new picture in the "What do you look like?" thread.

Done, and Done. On a Sidenote, I'm jealous of my british friends...because they can get ticket's to "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War Of The Worlds."
  • edited September 2010
    Woah, Good Old Games is no more, by the looks of it.
  • edited September 2010
    18e5_1.jpg

I bought this shirt. :p

5.jpg

And this shirt.

And this shirt.

wi4610b.jpg
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    With a sore throat and hacking cough, I thought it would be a good idea to drink alcohol and kill all the germie germs in there. It wasn't.
  • edited September 2010
    With a sore throat and hacking cough, I thought it would be a good idea to drink alcohol and kill all the germie germs in there. It wasn't.

You should add some hot tea and honey to your alcohol. Always works for me. :D
  • edited September 2010

Yeah, I had a friend who did the exact same thing. It really doesn't work. D:

I'd recommend tea with lemon and honey. I had another interview today and I woke up with the voice of a smoker because my sore throat was so terrible, and after drinking that tea, I became tolerably well. :D
  • edited September 2010
    I'm off to read Crime and Punishment in the bathtub :)
  • edited September 2010
    I have cookie dough flavored Pop-Tarts. Life is awesome.

I'm not trying to breathe them, though.
    A new thought: Pop-Tarts are not a breathable substance.

And the thread comes (almost) full circle.
  • edited September 2010
    If it helps any, I've now got a craving for Taco Bell Nachos.

Now it's full circle
  • edited September 2010
    I'm sorry, but I prefer Kamui no Ken and its music.

...your selection is no slouch, though.

Well, going by the selection you posted, I would say that the two movies are made with different themes and a different feel in mind.

I'll check Kamui no Ken out, even if it needs more cowbell.
  • edited September 2010
    I just got paid a hundred dollars for a voice acting gig, and I heard back from a gaming company about being an applicant for Quality Assurance Testing.
  • edited September 2010
    And Secret Fawful creates an entirely new circle. WAY TO GO, douche.

Also, good for you, Iced Hope.
  • edited September 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    If it helps any, I've now got a craving for Taco Bell Nachos.

Now it's full circle

Nope, it will only truly come full circle when I finally get those nachos. Four months, 93 pages of posts, and a few trips to Taco Bell later and I still haven't had nachos since starting this thread.

Also, I've apparently made 148 of the 1854 posts in this thread.
  • edited September 2010
    Nope, it will only truly come full circle when I finally get those nachos. Four months, 93 pages of posts, and a few trips to Taco Bell later and I still haven't had nachos since starting this thread.

Also, I've apparently made 148 of the 1854 posts in this thread.

If I buy you nachos, will that help?
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know, I don't think they'd survive being mailed to me.
  • edited September 2010
    Peanuts in a bag. WOW!
  • edited September 2010
    Peanuts in a bag. WOW!

Peanuts? You mean like Charlie Brown?
  • edited September 2010
    Peanuts? You mean like Charlie Brown?

That just reminded me, I saw a freaky picture yesterday of what Charlie Brown would look like in real life:

1395018721.jpg

source
  • edited September 2010
    /spam

I just opened a New Store for sell prints, bookmarks and hopefully, "Trading Cards". Who knows. http://brokenbutterfly.storenvy.com/
  • edited September 2010
    That just reminded me, I saw a freaky picture yesterday of what Charlie Brown would look like in real life:

1395018721.jpg
    Seen it.
  • edited September 2010
    I've just been through Hell teaching my dad how to play a new game on the computer.

"Don't click, dad. It's not helping."
    *click*
    "No, dad. Don't click. Just go forward."
    *click click click*
    "Oh my goodness. Are you listening? I said don't..."
    *click*
    "ARGH! DON'T BLOODY CLICK!"

It took a while, but we got there. Thank goodness.
  • edited September 2010
    I would never play a game with you. Ever.
  • edited September 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I've just been through Hell teaching my dad how to play a new game on the computer.

"Don't click, dad. It's not helping."
    *click*
    "No, dad. Don't click. Just go forward."
    *click click click*
    "Oh my goodness. Are you listening? I said don't..."
    *click*
    "ARGH! DON'T BLOODY CLICK!"

It took a while, but we got there. Thank goodness.

clicking pointlessly is fun!
  • edited September 2010
    :( You don't understand... It was a nightmare! By clicking he was causing all sorts of unnecessary things to happen, like holding onto a box when he instead needed to jump over it. He just refused to believe my instructions...

...maybe I was a bit harsh...

...nah:p...
  • edited September 2010
    :( You don't understand... It was a nightmare! By clicking he was causing all sorts of unnecessary things to happen, like holding onto a box when he instead needed to jump over it. He just refused to believe my instructions...

...maybe I was a bit harsh...

...nah:p...

the fun is messing up a million times b4 winning
  • edited September 2010
    the fun is messing up a million times b4 winning

I'll agree if it's an adventure game, but this was of the action genre.

But yeah, in an adventure game I would definately encourage doing all the wrong things so that no jokes are missed! It's part of what makes an adventure game.

My dad's going to be happy that you all seem to be on his side, that's for sure!:rolleyes:
  • edited September 2010
    What game was it?
  • edited September 2010
    You're lucky your father will even attempt to play a game. I've never been able to get either of my parents to even play five minutes of any of my games.
  • edited September 2010

1395018721.jpg

source

realhomer.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    You're lucky your father will even attempt to play a game. I've never been able to get either of my parents to even play five minutes of any of my games.

My dad keeps buying Call of Duty games for himself. He also picked up Cabela's Big Game Hunter. He enjoyed Wii Sports (bowling only), and he played Guitar Hero for a little while when I first got it, but I can't get him to play anything else. Anymore he just keeps saying that he wants to try Call of Duty 3 again, but he never does.
  • edited September 2010
    What game was it?

It's called 'The Evil Days of Luckless John'. It's sort of half puzzle, half action from what I can tell. I had never heard of it before he brought it home though.

He plays a bit. He only recently started playing again as he is a massive fan of Wolfenstein and he found the new one on sale. (He even upgraded his computer to run it. He tried it with his old graphics card, but it broke. I guess the graphics were just too much!) He's completed that twice now, which makes me wonder why he's having so much difficulty with this new game of his...

@Friar: OMG. Warn us please before posting something so scary!
  • edited September 2010
    I had to pay the UPS man £22 to get my package! its like holding it hostage I had to run around looking 4 change to make it up
  • edited September 2010
    What? He was at your door demanding the money? I've never heard that before. We get a little slip telling us how much customs is and then we can go to the post office to pay and recieve the package. Or is this not a customs thing? Either way it sounds wrong.
  • edited September 2010
    That Homer picture is so disturbing, and yet I couldn't take my eyes off of it...
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I just got paid a hundred dollars for a voice acting gig, and I heard back from a gaming company about being an applicant for Quality Assurance Testing.

Congrats!
  • edited September 2010
    What? He was at your door demanding the money? I've never heard that before. We get a little slip telling us how much customs is and then we can go to the post office to pay and recieve the package. Or is this not a customs thing? Either way it sounds wrong.

well I got a recite and stuff so I don't think its a scam he just made up while he was mailing it :P I was franticly looking 4 money cos If I used my card he told me he take it and deliver it agian 2morro for some resion.
  • edited September 2010
    I miss the arcades....
  • edited September 2010
    Well I miss arcades being something other than just ticket machines + DDR + a gun game or MAME multigame machines where all that gets played is ****ing KoF2002 hacks with the exception of 2 or 3 places in the city.
  • edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That Homer picture is so disturbing, and yet I couldn't take my eyes off of it...

Gee, I wonder why. /sarcasm
  • edited September 2010
    kinda feel good kinda feel stressed about finances
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Well I miss arcades being something other than just ticket machines + DDR + a gun game or MAME multigame machines where all that gets played is ****ing KoF2002 hacks with the exception of 2 or 3 places in the city.

I ussually just watch. Now in that arcade there's a Insurance Company T_T
This discussion has been closed.