The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Yes. Yes he did. Did he ever. A thing of wonder it was.
  • edited September 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    My girlfriend stopped over, and she bought me the An American Tail, and Fievel Goes west I am ecstatic about it! I love those movies.

There was a PS2 game too but it's UK region coded.
  • edited September 2010
    Why are people on buses such jackasses? I was on a standing room - sardine can packed - bus last night and a woman who had a paperback book and an almost empty backpack decided to lean against the walls leading to the rear exit, while those of use with full backpacks and tote-bags in our hands (of which there were several of us), had to use our one free hand to hold onto the hand rails some of us had to reach forward to hold onto the last few inches of rail. This is a 15 mile bus route and the woman got off at the next to last stop. Even worse half way through the trip she started chatting with one of her friends by talking AROUND me! Hello, lady. I'm trying to balance on a bus while carrying 50 pounds worth of stuff, why don't you, I don't know, switch places with me so you can be closer to your friend and I don't get my arm ripped out of the socket every time the bus starts/stops/turns a corner!?
  • edited September 2010
    Once I was so sick in a Metro Train that I simple vomit in the last station. I don't care about people don't helping me, but a girl pass over me and comment that was so gross. Hello! I'm not returning part of my intestines because I wanted!
  • edited September 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Once I was so sick in a Metro Train that I simple vomit in the last station. I don't care about people don't helping me, but a girl pass over me and comment that was so gross. Hello! I'm not returning part of my intestines because I wanted!
    What an idiot. It's not like you can help being sick...
  • edited September 2010
    i'm such a f**king idiot !
    urgh.
  • edited September 2010
    i'm such a f**king idiot !
    urgh.

Why, what's gwanning, holmes?

*is hip*
  • edited September 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Why, what's gwanning, holmes?

*is pretending to be hip, but is failing miserably*

Fixed it for you.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm whistling Jurassic Park's theme. It sounds on the radio station!
  • edited September 2010
    Lackadaisy means "worn out, Tired"
  • edited September 2010
    I'm whistling Jurassic Park's theme. It sounds on the radio station!

Spain gets all the cool music on the radio! When we were over there, they were playing ghostbusters, Rick Astley and a couple of others alot.
  • edited September 2010
    So I just checked the user agreement for setting up a Telltale account. Apparently it requires you to be at least 18. Now, I know there's some really awesome people on here who are under that age, so I don't mind it not being upheld to the letter, but isn't 11 years old pushing it a little bit?
  • edited September 2010
    Do you ever get Deja Vu, The feeling that you've been through a moment before?
  • edited September 2010
    CGI movies about talking animals are finally becoming cliche. It's like every other CGI movie is about them. I mean, they're not all bad, just the whole idea of it all is becoming overused and a bit overrated. Sometimes I can't believe I even made the decision to go see Legend of the Guardians.

But, hell, at least my eyes will have had their fill of shiny sparkly glowy super-realistic visuals for about a month.

At least I didn't go see that movie with the Smurfs in New York. (No, it's not premiering in New York, the Smurfs are going to be in New York. The Smurfs are going to be in New York. If you did not laugh your head off at that, go visit a psychiatrist or at least the Google search engine. No, not in the form of cheap, oversized Disneyland-esque costumes. In the movie. Quite sadly, it's true.)
  • edited September 2010
    So I just checked the user agreement for setting up a Telltale account. Apparently it requires you to be at least 18. Now, I know there's some really awesome people on here who are under that age, so I don't mind it not being upheld to the letter, but isn't 11 years old pushing it a little bit?

Is it there the statement about "Been under 18 but with the permission of your parents"?
  • edited September 2010
    Is it there the statement about "Been under 18 but with the permission of your parents"?

Nope.
    You must be eighteen or over to register as a member of, provide any personal information, or purchase products on this site. Membership in the service is void where prohibited. By providing any personally identifiable information on this site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of its terms and conditions and that you are at least 18-years old (21-years old in AL, MS, NE, WY, and any other location where 18 is not the age of majority).
  • edited September 2010
    0xym0ron wrote: »

At least I didn't go see that movie with the Smurfs in New York. (No, it's not premiering in New York, the Smurfs are going to be in New York. The Smurfs are going to be in New York. If you did not laugh your head off at that, go visit a psychiatrist or at least the Google search engine. No, not in the form of cheap, oversized Disneyland-esque costumes. In the movie. Quite sadly, it's true.)

I could have lived my life happily never knowing about the existence of this film. :(

The Chipmunks movies were horrifying enough... now they have to violate the Smurfs? What next, Strawberry Shortcake becoming a pop star in London and singing alongside Lady Gaga? He-Man becoming an action star in California? When will it end!?

How would the Smurfs even last five seconds in New York? Poof. They're in Times Square. Boom. Car runs over them. Dead. Roll credits. That's the only way I could abide this movie.

*sigh* And you just know they're going to rap at some point...
  • edited September 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

All the time. Even when I mention Deja Vu, I get Deja Vu.
  • edited September 2010
    Post in Will's thread!
  • edited September 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I could have lived my life happily never knowing about the existence of this film. :(

The Chipmunks movies were horrifying enough... now they have to violate the Smurfs? What next, Strawberry Shortcake becoming a pop star in London and singing alongside Lady Gaga? He-Man becoming an action star in California? When will it end!?

How would the Smurfs even last five seconds in New York? Poof. They're in Times Square. Boom. Car runs over them. Dead. Roll credits. That's the only way I could abide this movie.

*sigh* And you just know they're going to rap at some point...

I'm calling it now: My Little Pony. It'll be like Bratz but with horses.
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    BUT...
    BUT...
    The Smurfs live in the middle ages! By the time New York City existed, Baby Smurf would already be older than Papa Smurf! It makes no sense!
    IT MAKES NO SENSE!
  • edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    BUT...
    BUT...
    The Smurfs live in the middle ages! By the time New York City existed, Baby Smurf would already be older than Papa Smurf! It makes no sense!
    IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Nothing ever stays completely true to the source material. Especially when it coimes to movies.
    For example, In the Garfield movies, (which were severely underrated, by the way) Jon struck a chord with Liz right of the bat. The Jon in the comics didn't get Liz's attention until about 2007.
  • edited September 2010
    BUT...
    BUT...
    IT MAKES NO SENSE!

I think they time travel. *facepalm*

At least Gargamel looks awesome. I have to find a Screen Shot though.

Edit: Here we go!

hank_azaria_gargamel_smurfs_movie-550x315.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    The Jon in the comics didn't get Liz's attention until about 2007.
    (Read: around when the movie came out)

I don't plan to see the smurfs, I have to see the Trailer for Yogi bear, and thats it

Completely unrelated: I need a trick for staying on practicing guitar. I'm using the Garageband app lessons, but I think I need real lessons. Anyone got any suggestions?
  • edited September 2010
    I don't plan to see the smurfs, I have to see the Trailer for Yogi bear, and thats it

Completely unrelated: I need a trick for staying on practicing guitar. I'm using the Garageband app lessons, but I think I need real lessons. Anyone got any suggestions?

The trailer for Yogi Bear makes it seem like every other Hanna-Barbera Movie, but I really can't disagree with Dan Aykroyd. I can, however, disagree with Justin Timberlake, so I probably won't go see it.

As for guitar lessons, I recommend an ACTUAL teacher.
  • edited September 2010
    I think they time travel. *facepalm*

At least Gargamel looks awesome. I have to find a Screen Shot though.

Edit: Here we go!

hank_azaria_gargamel_smurfs_movie-550x315.jpg

Okay, Gargamel actually looks pretty good. So now I can say "...At least the casting wasn't without merit" before sobbing uncontrollably. :p
  • edited September 2010
    I don't see Azrael on the screenshot of Gargamel. And what's Gargamel without Azrael?
    Will they use a real cat or a CGI one?

I can't believe they're making that movie. It's so weird. I guess time-travel is better than no explanation but... Ugh! And how will they understand modern English when they can only speak old French?
  • edited September 2010
    I can't believe they're making that movie. It's so weird. I guess time-travel is better than no explanation but... Ugh! And how will they understand modern English when they can only speak old French?

By assuming they are actually adapting the old hanna barbera cartoons?

At least the whole time travel thing explain to me what is Neil Patrick Harris doing in the movie. For a moment, I thought he will be Johan.
  • edited September 2010
    But the old cartoons did take place in France. That they all speak English, or Spanish, or whatever isn't a problem, it's just translating what they're saying into the viewer's language, and works since everyone spoke old French, so it could all be converted into the same language. Even the version in modern French is technically a translation since they would be speaking old, not modern, French.
    If, however, they go to New York, then there are two different languages, and they should NOT be able to understand each other. Having them all speak the same thing just doesn't work, as far as I'm concerned.

I guess I whine about the weirdest details.

EDIT: Oh, and by "should not be able to understand each other", I meant beyond the facts that Smurfs speak Smurf.
  • edited September 2010
    You know what you are really complaining about is a lame movie based on a tv show that a guy came up with after seeing his son's lame toy, right?
  • edited September 2010
    WHAT THE SMURF!? Time travel!? BLUE SMURFFF!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Hey! Don't bash the Smurfs! Even though I much prefer Johan et Pirlouit, the Smurfs were nice books too. Sure most people in North America got to know them through the cartoons, but that doesn't take away from their awesomeness. So there.
  • edited September 2010
    Smurf? SMURF!
    You know what you are really complaining about is a lame movie based on a tv show that a guy came up with after seeing his son's lame toy, right?

Which toy was based in a Belgian Comic, for your information.
  • edited September 2010
    At least the whole time travel thing explain to me what is Neil Patrick Harris doing in the movie. For a moment, I thought he will be Johan.

Et tu, Neil?

One would think NPH would refuse to do a movie like this. Not only is he a part of 80's culture, he's a huge fan of it, too.

@Remolay: It's just fun laughing at Hollywood's floibles. :D
  • edited September 2010
    I saw the Smurfs once. I believe it terrified me. But I'll still be annoyed if the movie misses the point of the series. I was annoyed when I saw the previews for the Marmaduke movie, and I don't even like Marmaduke. Why did they make him crack wise?
  • edited September 2010
    The trailer for Yogi Bear makes it seem like every other Hanna-Barbera Movie, but I really can't disagree with Dan Aykroyd. I can, however, disagree with Justin Timberlake, so I probably won't go see it.

As for guitar lessons, I recommend an ACTUAL teacher.

You have to ****ing be ****ting me. While Dan Aykroyd doesn't sound ANYTHING like Yogi Bear, both in sound as in mannerisms, Justin Timberlake just pretty much ****ing nailed Boo Boo.
  • edited September 2010
    mind you, I loved the cartoon, The movie is going to suck. and I don't like the toys
  • edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I was annoyed when I saw the previews for the Marmaduke movie, and I don't even like Marmaduke. Why did they make him crack wise?

Or talk, for that matter. Even if it's only to other animals.

... All of this makes me miss the Homeward Bound method of adding voiceovers to real animals. I remember when that was sufficient. Superimposed CG lipsync still gives me the Uncanny Valley heebie-jeebies.
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    You have to ****ing be ****ting me. While Dan Aykroyd doesn't sound ANYTHING like Yogi Bear, both in sound as in mannerisms, Justin Timberlake just pretty much ****ing nailed Boo Boo.

If that's Timberlake doing Boo Boo with little to no synthethized enhancements, then yeah, I'm kind of impressed. Yogi ... is ... just ... um. Well.

If I may refer again to the Uncanny Valley effect -- if there's such a thing as a vocal version of that, I'm afraid this would be it. I don't normally judge a VA performance based on a few lines in a trailer, but ye gods that was depressing. And I'm not even a Yogi fan, except perhaps in a vague, nostalgic sense.
  • edited September 2010
    They should have had Dave Coulier do it, but it isnt that bad.
This discussion has been closed.