The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I've been at walmart all night getting Star wars actions figures to get the mail in Boba Fett...I have succumbed to the dork side.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks. I get better every day because I draw every day. This might sound boastful, but my life's ultimate goal is to be able to draw anything and draw anything well.

When you do this, I will commission a full portrait of myself in a Soviet parade uniform... painted on Chinese silk... in a gilded oak frame.
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I've been at walmart all night getting Star wars actions figures to get the mail in Boba Fett...I have succumbed to the dork side.

At least you didn't spend all day with a bunch of cosplayers, culminating in a TF2 photo shoot at an abandoned rubber factory that just happens to look like both a RED base and a BLU base. We're well past dork over here.

101_0028-1.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    So I just beat the force unleashed...and now I'm waiting for New Vegas and Force Unleash II, also..I have the rest of the week off work, so that means sleeping in. Woo!
  • edited October 2010
    So I just beat the force unleashed...and now I'm waiting for New Vegas and Force Unleash II[...]

I'm still yet to play The Force Unleashed. Is it a good game, though? I've heard mixed opinions and varied feedback. But is it worth playing? And does it meet the same standard as the Jedi Knight games?
    also..I have the rest of the week off work, so that means sleeping in. Woo!

Is there a smiley for envy?
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I'm still yet to play The Force Unleashed. Is it a good game, though? I've heard mixed opinions and varied feedback. But is it worth playing? And does it meet the same standard as the Jedi Knight games?
    It's a really short, kind of neat virtual physics toy. It's really short, I beat it in a rental period. Still, as far as toys go, it's a pretty fun and fairly well-made one. The story, while fudged canonically at best, is sort of well told and the ending(the "canonical" light side one) feels like the ending of a real Star Wars film.

It's somewhat fun and the technology is neat, but the game is easy, and there's very little meat there. Pay about $10 for it. At this point, that's not really hard to do.
  • edited October 2010
    It's a really short, kind of neat virtual physics toy. It's really short, I beat it in a rental period.

Yeah, IcedHope mentioned that it was a little short. But, regardless of the length, if the game itself is good, then I'll happily buy it.
    Still, as far as toys go, it's a pretty fun and fairly well-made one. The story, while fudged canonically at best, is sort of well told and the ending(the "canonical" light side one) feels like the ending of a real Star Wars film.

Cool. The story is usually what is most important to me in a game, whether it be adventure, action, RPG or other. So, that's a plus. And since you're perhaps the biggest critic on this forum, I guess I can believe this.

And, by 'real Star Wars film', I'm guessing you mean 'one of the originals'?
    It's somewhat fun and the technology is neat, but the game is easy, and there's very little meat there. Pay less than $10 for it. At this point, that's not really hard to do.

Don't worry, I usually follow the 'never pay more than $20 for a video game' rule anyway. Plus, I've actually already bought the game on Steam, but have been reluctant to download it due to the ridiculous 26GB download size (more than twice my download limit).
  • edited October 2010
    ^ I've always been baffled by the size of that game. Did they bother compressing *anything*? I hope they don't pull that crap for the sequel.
  • edited October 2010
    I actualy squealed like a little girl when I found out they added dismemberment.
  • edited October 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    ^ I've always been baffled by the size of that game. Did they bother compressing *anything*? I hope they don't pull that crap for the sequel.

I thought Saints Row 2 was ridiculous in size, then I saw Force Unleashed
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, I really was disappointed when I saw how large it was. I think I'll actually re-buy it, and get the physical (disc) version, as a result. Otherwise, it's going to be a real pain whenever I want to install it, because it'll take up all of my downloads.

Plus, I like boxes anyway.
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Cool. The story is usually what is most important to me in a game, whether it be adventure, action, RPG or other. So, that's a plus. And since you're perhaps the biggest critic on this forum, I guess I can believe this.
    To be clear, the story isn't really told "as the game is going". Gameplay is more like a software toy, with bits of a pretty short CGI film in-betwen. I did like it, though.
    And, by 'real Star Wars film', I'm guessing you mean 'one of the originals'?
    I got the impression that the "good" ending of "The Force Unleashed" felt like the ending of one of the original trilogy films, while the "evil" ending felt badly made, rushed, incomplete, tacked on, and overall like one of the prequel films. I could easily see the "bad" ending being a last-minute editorial mandate.
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I thought Saints Row 2 was ridiculous in size, then I saw Force Unleashed

At least Force Unleashed is playable on PC, though. :p I want to get back to playing SR2, but the performance is just plain unforgivable.
  • edited October 2010
    I finally got out and did grocery shopping, so I have coffee again. I still have some shopping I need to get on though, namely getting a costume for the big Hallowe'en shindig my house does every year, and I have zero idea of what to do...
  • edited October 2010
    I finish the last tests for my tesis. Like 10 test more to go!
  • edited October 2010
    This thread only gets interesting at like 5am for me. Can you all please wait about 12 hours before posting in the future for my benefit? Thanks.
  • edited October 2010
    Card games on motorcycles!
  • edited October 2010
    Go on...
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    card games on motorcycles!

card games on motorcycles?!
  • edited October 2010
    Card games on motorbikes!

...wait I think I did it wrong.
  • edited October 2010
    Card games on motorcycles.
  • edited October 2010
    Chess on a rollercoaster!

xkcd_logride.jpg

Wait, what?
  • edited October 2010
    Okay.

chess_photo.png

XKCD pwns all
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010

That's not a rollercoaster, that's a log flume.
    XKCD pwns all

Better.
  • edited October 2010

xkcd_logride.jpg

Wait, what?

are any of them you
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    are any of them you

I wish.
    (That means no.)
  • edited October 2010
    that picture and many like it are all over the internet.

Allow the rest of the internet take a minute to explain... or not.

Know your Meme is having problems right now, so I cant send you there
  • edited October 2010
    Seibert has played you all like a fiddle I think, or I like to think
  • edited October 2010
    id like to think that too
  • edited October 2010
    I should not be this amused by the Angry Video Game Nerd (says I who just started watching him and the Nostalgia Critic about two days ago) I do not think he is funny, just entertaining. The only time I find him funny is when he is going up against The Nostalgia Critic.
  • edited October 2010
    how would i be able to play you like a fiddle
  • edited October 2010
    Well, seibert. It is a not so well known fact that we are all stringed instruments. Tune us correctly and run a bow accross us, Bam! you're playing us like a fiddle.

If you can't tell, because we can never tell with you. That was sarcasm
  • edited October 2010
    stop it with the sarcasm it bothers me
  • edited October 2010
    I watched the movie Armageddon yesterday. The best film ive seen since Lord of The Rings.

One scene in the movie, made me freakin cry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJeR0UebR8
    And i love how to se the reactions of the religions and nations. I wonder what woud have happended.

It is the most epic scene of all time. But if Armageddon had come, i guess we woud have got owned by it
  • edited October 2010
    I should not be this amused by the Angry Video Game Nerd (says I who just started watching him and the Nostalgia Critic about two days ago) I do not think he is funny, just entertaining. The only time I find him funny is when he is going up against The Nostalgia Critic.

Yeah dude couldn't write a good joke to save his life or act his way out of a paper bag but I still watch his videos. One particular line of his that sticks out in my mind: "the controls are so bad it's like trying to take a shit on an eagle!"

Magnificent
  • edited October 2010
    Also, AVGN's faces. How does he even do those faces?
  • edited October 2010
    Sry people.I now have the MOST EPIC VIDEO OF ALL TIME!
    And my comment is the most thumbed up :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwJ7e8V19A Watch the whole video.

God, i remember watching that movie for the first time... Epicness
  • edited October 2010
    ^Rickroll^
  • edited October 2010
    It's not a Rick Roll.
This discussion has been closed.