The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I should not be this amused by the Angry Video Game Nerd (says I who just started watching him and the Nostalgia Critic about two days ago) I do not think he is funny, just entertaining. The only time I find him funny is when he is going up against The Nostalgia Critic.

Both are pretty funny, but I enjoy the Critic better. He's just a better actor.
  • edited October 2010
    Both are pretty funny, but I enjoy the Critic better. He's just a better actor.

The Angry Video Game Nerd is a wooden desk compared to the Nostalgia Critic (I'm great with these metaphors).
  • edited October 2010
    I'm currenty watching his really early stuff where he was the Angry Nintendo Nerd.

The guy is funny, but it's like he actually needs a partner for it to really work.

That and the "You have to be a nerd to play this thing" *Beat, keeps playing*
  • edited October 2010
    I love both, but for wildly different reasons. AVGN because of the sheer general entertainment value and purposefully low budget effects, Nostalgia Critic because he's one of the funniest people alive. And EVERYTHING he does is gold, whereas AVGN's side projects tend to be... eh.
  • edited October 2010
    James Rolfe is wonderful to listen to, especially on documentaries and his Monster Madness videos. And let's face it, his facial expressions are hilarious. Doug Walker is great too, but I know someone better than all of them.

Noah Antwiler of the Spoony Experiment. Who just happens to be one of Yahtzee's favorite reviewers too.
  • edited October 2010
    10 seconds of the Dead
  • edited October 2010
    James Rolfe is wonderful to listen to, especially on documentaries and his Monster Madness videos. And let's face it, his facial expressions are hilarious. Doug Walker is great too, but I know someone better than all of them.

Noah Antwiler of the Spoony Experiment. Who just happens to be one of Yahtzee's favorite reviewers too.

Lies. Spoony puts out so little in terms of actual content, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned among the likes of AVGN and the Nostalgia Critic.
  • edited October 2010
    Quality over quantity.
  • edited October 2010
    Aw, I like Spoony and the Critic both. Though admittedly I find NC to be a bit more accessible than Spoony. I really want to like AVGN, but his videos sometimes get a little over the top on the vulgarity scale for me, and he often reviews things that I've just never heard of, whereas I usually have a vague familiarity with the Critic's reviews. His videos aren't for me, but I wouldn't call him bad.
  • edited October 2010
    Sitting in the emergency waiting room til after 3am is no fun, me thinks...
  • edited October 2010
    I'm starting to get anxious over holiday gifts. I don't know what to make for anyone at all :S
  • edited October 2010
    Oh man, that SSF4 match was ****ing hype as hell XD
  • edited October 2010
    Haha, I was wondering why my friends spoke so strangely. I thought it was just my friends. But I guess that's just how fighting game fans speak.
  • edited October 2010
    Hahaha, yeah, I've got to admit that FG fans do have an interesting language (specially when it comes to Marvel XD)
  • edited October 2010
    SCOOPS

SCOOPS HAGGEN DAAS

o
  • edited October 2010
    Charter Cable can go die in a fire.
  • edited October 2010
    my mom speaks more crazy >.>
  • edited October 2010
    Always thought I was a nice, sweet and gentle person who could never hurt a soul.
    But it turns out I am heartless, cold and self absorbed and I actually hurt quite a few people.

It makes you start wondering what person am I really?
    I think I need to find out who I really am, and stop living in my lie dream world...
  • edited October 2010
    Always thought I was a nice, sweet and gentle person who could never hurt a soul.
    But it turns out I am heartless, cold and self absorbed and I actually hurt quite a few people.

It makes you start wondering what person am I really?
    I think I need to find out who I really am, and stop living in my lie dream world...

We all unwillingly hurt other people. Especially when we have a lot happening in our own lives. We can sometimes become focused on our own goals and aspirations a little too much, and sometimes forget about the people around us. It happens to everybody.

You may have made some mistakes; you may have done things that have hurt others, but don't think of yourself as a bad person.

Doing some bad things, and accidentally hurting others doesn't make you a bad person, nor does it make you heartless. It means that you slipped up.

And the fact that you feel bad about this shows that you do care, and it shows that you aren't heartless, because you're feeling remorse and you're feeling sorry for those that you have hurt. The fact that you're looking for ways to better yourself shows that at least you don't want to hurt others. You've learned from your mistakes, and ultimately, that's the best thing that can come out of mistakes.
  • edited October 2010
    Well I always do mistakes and I hate doing mistakes, it's a vicious circle I can't get out of.

I always told my self, that I could never hurt a living person, I could never be rude. And I have believed so much, that I was blind to the real truth.
    But it turns out, that I am rude to many people and I am happy with the fact that I believe that I am not.

I like to believe that my life is worse than anyone else's, and if anyone is worse than me I don't believe it, and therefore I am self absorbed because I want to have a worse life than anyone else.

It's hard to explain, but I just want it to be about me, and maybe my life is not as hard as it is, maybe I have a good life and it's only hard because I believe that it is.
  • edited October 2010
    This reminds me a bit of my own dilemma. Right now, I'm wishing a great amount of suffering upon one of my best friends, and enjoying every bit of suffering he's going through.

I justify it to myself that he was an ass and deserves it, and that the only way our friendship is going to be fixed is if he reaches such a low point in his life that he realizes that we're some of the best friends he's ever had and that things are going wrong with everyone else in his life, forcing him to get over his pride and try to repair things, but at the end of the day I'm still wishing an extreme amount of ill on one of the people I'm supposed to care about most in the world.

But he was a huge ass for most of a year and deserves it, and the only way our friendship is going to be fixed is if he hits rock bottom and gets over his pride, so I'll be okay.
  • edited October 2010
    Asking myself i I should summit a comic book proyect to some publishers in english (Appart to summit it to some publishers in spanish). I'm seriously thinking in give it a try, but I'll need help for the translation part, I'm sure. And the dialog probably is going to sound flat if I try to write in english directly.

I need opinions people! please T_T
  • edited October 2010

This, this and this.

Spoony is amazing.
    Well I always do mistakes and I hate doing mistakes, it's a vicious circle I can't get out of.

I always told my self, that I could never hurt a living person, I could never be rude. And I have believed so much, that I was blind to the real truth.
    But it turns out, that I am rude to many people and I am happy with the fact that I believe that I am not.

I like to believe that my life is worse than anyone else's, and if anyone is worse than me I don't believe it, and therefore I am self absorbed because I want to have a worse life than anyone else.

It's hard to explain, but I just want it to be about me, and maybe my life is not as hard as it is, maybe I have a good life and it's only hard because I believe that it is.

I don't believe that you're a bad person because if you were then you wouldn't feel so much regret, but I think that this is the perfect opportunity for you to - without sounding too dramatic - turn your life around and start being as nice a person as you always wanted to be.
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Asking myself i I should summit a comic book proyect to some publishers in english (Appart to summit it to some publishers in spanish). I'm seriously thinking in give it a try, but I'll need help for the translation part, I'm sure. And the dialog probably is going to sound flat if I try to write in english directly.

I need opinions people! please T_T

Why not? It's worth a shot. People here, including myself, will happily help you with translation.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I don't believe that you're a bad person because if you were then you wouldn't feel so much regret, but I think that this is the perfect opportunity for you to - without sounding too dramatic - turn your life around and start being as nice a person as you always wanted to be.

Ohh trust me I have tried many times, and fallen flat on my ass. But I am not giving up yet.

Life is a big learning curve, but I just haven't learned anything, because I didn't want to, because I lived in the belief that I was a great person who could never hurt anyone.

Well I think I am just starting to open up my eyes, just a shame I had to become 23 before that happened.
  • edited October 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Nostalgia Critic because he's one of the funniest people alive. eh.

He's funny, but when i'm looking at my watch waiting for him to get to his shouty shrieky bit because it IS coming and it IS the same every time, maybe a new approach is needed

Spoony used to be the man, then one day he grew an ego and decided that reviewing video games and movies from his bedroon was serious business and people across the land need to respect him. He transformed from a charismatic everyman to complete dickhead. Plus all of those crossovers stink anyway
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Spoony used to be the man, then one day he grew an ego and decided that reviewing video games and movies from his bedroon was serious business and all across the land need to respect him. He transformed from a charismatic everyman to complete dickhead. Plus all of those crossovers stink anyway

I still like Spoony, honestly. His FFX review has had me howling with laughter....mainly because I'd forgotten how completely silly the game was.

Now for what was actually on my mind when I went to post this.

I'm having a hard time deciphering a sample text for Palaeography. Realized it's the cooks entry in the general prologue, but that doesn't help me. I only have up to the Prioress memorized and I don't want to look at my copy of the text until I'm done with the passage....
  • edited October 2010
    Im going to watch trough the LOTR movies again, to give respect to the greatest movies(and books) ever made
    R.I.P J.R.R Tolkien
    We need to revive him so he can write more
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Spoony used to be the man, then one day he grew an ego and decided that reviewing video games and movies from his bedroon was serious business and people across the land need to respect him. He transformed from a charismatic everyman to complete dickhead. Plus all of those crossovers stink anyway

Spoony always has been a snarky egotistical bastard. He's just more outspoken now. I enjoy him because of and in spite of it.
  • edited October 2010
    My sister very nearly hit a deer, whilst driving at 50 MPh today(well, tonight, but that sounds like it's in the future...) with us all in the back (me, my mum, my sister and the dog). Scary. It spawned some hillariously awful Facebook jokes though!
  • edited October 2010
    I need a new laptop charger <.<
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Why not? It's worth a shot. People here, including myself, will happily help you with translation.

I'm willing to help re-reading it and fixing the translation (can't translate from Spanish I'm afraid). For starters, it's "submit", not "summit", and you can think about something or of something, but not "in" something.
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I'm willing to help re-reading it and fixing the translation (can't translate from Spanish I'm afraid). For starters, it's "submit", not "summit", and you can think about something or of something, but not "in" something.

I'm asking for something!

And thanks a lot
  • edited October 2010
    I feel meh...and a bit angered.
  • edited October 2010
    I didn't do it.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes you did
  • edited October 2010
    fine, but I said I was sorry.
  • edited October 2010
    I just had cake for no reason.
  • edited October 2010
    I just had cake for no reason.

That's one of the best kind of cake
  • edited October 2010
    there was one time durring the summer I had cake just for the reason of everyone wanted cake for some reason. Then came my step-sisters birthday and we had more cake.
  • edited October 2010

I think that happens to everyone at some point. You grow up thinking yourself a good person, and that you're doing people a favor, but it turns out you had the wrong viewpoint, and you actually hurt someone when you thought you were helping them, and they point it out, and you see what they mean, and there's nothing you can do to explain away what you've done. And it sucks, but you learn to think from that point of view in the future, and that really does make you a better person, though you wish you thought of that before.

Or wait, maybe that doesn't happen to anyone, and I'm just rambling. Never mind. Go crank up the headbanger tunes to the point that the neighbors will complain (if you're heartless and cold, what does that matter, anyway?), and play video games. That fixes everything!
This discussion has been closed.