The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Im sooooo happy Kane defeated The undertaker in a burried alive match ending there saga!

I know! It's like it was all on a script or something.
    All according to plan...
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Guru, Why didn't you just edit your post?

Because the post in question was already quoted and made reference to, and also to call attention to the fact that I was changing it.
  • edited October 2010
    I know! It's like it was all on a script or something.
    All according to plan...

Can't I be happy how the script turned out?
  • edited October 2010
    'WOW srly, im on the laptop at 3:45!?!?'

well that's whats on my mind
  • edited October 2010
    Is it bad if I get sudden urges to make evil crazy laughs for no reason at all?
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Is it bad if I get sudden urges to make evil crazy laughs for no reason at all?

Nah, I do that all the time. :D

Actually, on second thought, just because I do something doesn't necessarily make it good....
  • edited October 2010
    It's Deathspank time tomorrow for us trusty PC gamers. :)
  • edited October 2010
    I always thought that wrestling was like a soap opera for boys. Only wrestling tends to have better storylines, fewer pregnancy-related storylines and they don't kill a whole bunch of characters at Christmas because apparently that's festive. (for UK soaps anyway, they've been trying to top each other's death counts for years) And there's a lot more fighting. So wrestling is better than soap operas.

Also, Fallout > Bioshock in general.
  • edited October 2010
    Now that I have one of my own, I really don't get all the hate for the PSP's nub. Sure, it's not quite an analog stick, but it's pretty damn good for a portable.
  • edited October 2010
    Why is reading about scary movies scaring me more than watching them.
  • edited October 2010
    Can't I be happy how the script turned out?

Exactly. Wrestling is, in a way, like violent theater. It's just nowhere as sophisticated, and the actors are terrible. But it can still be enjoyed by some. I personally dislike it - it's exciting funny for a little while, but I get bored of all of the BS after a period of time. In fact, it was never entertaining to begin with for me, but this doesn't mean that others can't enjoy it.
  • edited October 2010
    System Atributes
  • edited October 2010
    Now that I have one of my own, I really don't get all the hate for the PSP's nub. Sure, it's not quite an analog stick, but it's pretty damn good for a portable.

I thought the hate was that there wasn't a second one.
  • edited October 2010
    It's both, and I can't disagree with the hate.
    Why is reading about scary movies scaring me more than watching them.

Imagination, it makes things worse than they actually are.
  • edited October 2010
    It really does. That and often times horror movie special effects are laughably bad and so ruin any horror/terror they might induce in an audience. Though in my opinion, that's what makes them fun.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh I agree. I love those sort of movies. I love MST3K for that too. The cheesier the better. I also enjoy the atmospheric 80s horror movies, the Hammer horror movies, and Universal horror movies for some real quality.

What happened was that I was reading about Paranormal Activity, a movie all about bumps in the night. As it happens this is the worst house to be in at night if you scare easily, which I normally don't. The furnace goes ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR, the refrigerator clangs and goes bump, the air conditioner clicks and makes noises like footsteps, the walls creak, and my house always has the weirdest lighting. I swear if it's not blue like a foggy 80s horror movie it's red or green or other weird stuff. The creepiest noises and the eeriest lighting; that's my house.

Speaking of weird colors, the sky is baby blue, orange, and pure pink right now. It looks like a trippy anime outside.
  • edited October 2010
    Ah, revisiting good television shows and films reminds a person that the medium has potential, however untapped it may be lately.

I love this show. An animated superhero show that is really an exploration of the human psyche. A truly well-written, mature, dark, comedic cartoon. Despite its cartoonish and surreal disposition, it feels more real and grounded any of the insultingly shallow, saccharine, derivative escapist shit that suffocates so much real value.
  • edited October 2010
    Ah, revisiting good television shows and films reminds a person that the medium has potential, however untapped it may be lately.

I love this show. An animated superhero show that is really an exploration of the human psyche. A truly well-written, mature, dark, comedic cartoon. Despite its cartoonish and surreal disposition, it feels more real and grounded any of the insultingly shallow, saccharine, derivative escapist shit that suffocates so much real value.

What show might that be? Batman?

Also, I don't think films are going too badly nowadays. In the early-to-mid 2000s, things were looking pretty grim, but I think we're on the rise now.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »

No. It's Adventure Time. I agree with Dashing about modern cinema, though. I'd rather watch my estranged wife feed my only child and herself to a woodchipper while they both scream about how much they always hated me than watch another fucking CGI fuckfest. I'm looking at you, Michael Bay. Fuck you.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    No no, I'm talking about The Maxx. As much as I enjoy the film noir stylings of the Batman animated series(especially during the earlier style), it's no The Maxx.
    Also, I don't think films are going too badly nowadays. In the early-to-mid 2000s, things were looking pretty grim, but I think we're on the rise now.
    I think things still look grim, especially with the major fads being remakes, decades-late sequels, 3D tech demos, and various other shallow blatantly by-committee shit.
  • edited October 2010
    No no, I'm talking about The Maxx.

There is only one "The Max(x)"

enhanced-buzz-1496-1247675744-14.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    a9S9K.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    The college go in gear and fixed our only washer! Huzzah! It only took them a freaking week to take care of it...
  • edited October 2010
    NV7j6.jpg

>:(
  • edited October 2010
    lol Alan gets special privileges.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh man, I really really really hope that these guys being introduced about 20 episodes early doesn't mean they're going for an anime only ending D:
  • edited October 2010
    Click me.

I just saw a man play the Imperial March in the style of Beethoven. That's what I did today. I wish I'd been there, IRL.
  • edited October 2010
    I almost made friends this semester. I failed. I almost had it right.
  • edited October 2010
    I really really need to get my mind off of it's but and write some Ranger Newman material, so far I've got that the original Ranger has been dead for almost a year and it will star his 8th and 9th clone.
  • edited October 2010
    Just had a minor panic attack when I noticed that the class I really had to take is not offered the semester that the schedule of classes said it was. And then, my back-up class turned out to conflict with my major class. And then, my major class turned out to be a unit less than it was advertised as being.

I sort of worked it all out in the end, but...Gahhhh!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Just had a minor panic attack when I noticed that the class I really had to take is not offered the semester that the schedule of classes said it was. And then, my back-up class turned out to conflict with my major class. And then, my major class turned out to be a unit less than it was advertised as being.

Ergh, that sucks. It's often so hard to plan out your course anyway, never mind having to deal with half the info being wrong! And if you make a mistake like not taking a prerequisite you really needed to, or not doing enough units, it can add another whole semester or more to your degree. Glad you got it sorted.
  • edited October 2010
    Going to be great to DeathSpank some unicorns when I get home today. :)
  • edited October 2010

puzzlebox wrote: »
    Ergh, that sucks. It's often so hard to plan out your course anyway, never mind having to deal with half the info being wrong! And if you make a mistake like not taking a prerequisite you really needed to, or not doing enough units, it can add another whole semester or more to your degree. Glad you got it sorted.

Bwahaha, in France you don't get to choose anything! All the classes are part of the course, so that kind of stuff doesn't happen.
    Like, I registered for "English" and all the classes I was going to take were already decided, as anyone who studies English studies the same thing.

So, like in high school (except high school too is different for you guys, isn't it?).
    edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    (except high school too is different for you guys, isn't it?).

It seems so. After the first year of high school we were allowed to start choosing elective subjects, and we had more and more control as the years progressed. Second year I think we had space for one or two electives. In the final two years I don't think you even had to do English or Maths if you could schedule enough units into your timetable without taking those classes.
  • edited October 2010
    Just finished Bttf on bluray, and it's one of those experiences I will never forget.
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    It seems so. After the first year of high school we were allowed to start choosing elective subjects, and we had more and more control as the years progressed. Second year I think we had space for one or two electives. In the final two years I don't think you even had to do English or Maths if you could schedule enough units into your timetable without taking those classes.

In France in high school you pick one of three "paths" (L, ES or S). Each is pretty much decided for you. L, the one I took, had the most room, because although we studied 3 foreign languages, we could pick which (as long as English was included) and then we had two extra "options" that could be picked from a list (for instance I took Advanced English literature and Graphic Arts).

The rest, from memory, was 8 hours of Philosophy, 4 hours of French literature, 4 hours of History/Geography, 3 hours of gym, 4 hours each per language and option.

S (which is Science) was along the lines of 8 hours each of Physics, Maths and Biology, 2 hours each of History, philosophy and two foreign languages, and no literature class. Oh, and 3 hours of Gym as well.

ES (Economy and Society) had more hours of history, as well as Economics, that they were the only ones to take, and otherwise were the most balanced (whereas L totally removed Science classes and S removed literature and one language).

That's for the last year. In the previous years, there was no philosophy, and instead of it was literature for the S path, and Mathematics, Biology and Physics for the L path. I'm not sure about the ES path, they probably just had more hours of something.
  • edited October 2010
    I had my flu and Pneumonia vaccinations yesterday, and was up half the night with what felt like four simultaneous headaches. The weird thing was that when i entered the stage of semi-sleep, where I was aware I was awake, but my mind was wandering, I started to think I was the Doctor, and the head-aches were a result of my previous incarnations fighting to re-emerge. It wasn't until I woke up this morning that I realised how daft that was. Eugh, maybe I am too obsessed...

And the headaches are back:(
  • edited October 2010
    I just spent four hours hitting every charity shop in York for a shirt and vest to use as part of my pirate costume. I found nothing and I need a costume by Friday because my flat's hosting a Halloween party. As it stands I'm screwed.

So I'm just a little pissed and depressed at the moment....
    edited October 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    I just spent four hours hitting every charity shop in York for a shirt and vest to use as part of my pirate costume. I found nothing and I need a costume by Friday because my flat's hosting a Halloween party. As it stands I'm screwed.

You got a sheet? You could be a ghost pirate! :p
  • edited October 2010
    Heh, I may just do that if I've still got nothing to utilize come friday.
This discussion has been closed.