The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In unrelated news, the next Tuesday I have a work interview for a position of Trainee Engineer. Wish me luck ^^!
  • edited October 2010
    Thought I was going to Spank some unicorns last night, but my sound driver on my computer decided to not work and I had to do a system restore to get it to work.

So there was no time to download and install DeathSpank, but I hope I will get time today.
  • edited October 2010
    I am still trying to figure out the plot to the forced unleashed II, and...so I'm going to ponder about this for a week now.
  • edited October 2010
    The Council sees all.
  • edited October 2010
    Woke up to four awesome groups that I all joined!
    It reminds me of good eyevatar-related times.
  • edited October 2010
    I was just reading the blog post, and noticed the telltale dinner was mentioned...hopefully, I'll be able to plan another one for next year.
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Woke up to four awesome groups that I all joined!
    It reminds me of good eyevatar-related times.

How can you join them all? Several of them conflict with each other!
  • edited October 2010
    How can you join them all? Several of them conflict with each other!

The fourth one is called "the hypocrites who joined all three merry/irate groups" so it makes it all better.
  • edited October 2010
    The fourth one is called "the hypocrites who joined all three merry/irate groups" so it makes it all better.

Fair enough.
  • edited October 2010
    How long is a final stress test going to take... I want my computer now!
  • edited October 2010
    So I went out shopping for costume again. Found everything except a good pirate shirt. Have resumed quietly panicking.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I find that if you try to write a character based on how you think they'll feel and act, it's much less effective than if you empathise for them and write them as if writing in the first person (not literally or grammatically speaking, obviously). If you try to write every character as if they were an aspect of yourself, I find that they flow more naturally and feel much deeper and more real. I'm sure you've had times where you were feeling apathetic, why not just draw from that? Put yourself completely in her position.

Thing is, her being completely emotionless is sort of the reason she's there. I can't really explain it in detail, but basically, she's like a robot. It's not even apathy. The only things she can feel is pain, hunger and thirst, basically all the things normal people feel aside from emotions.

Also, the entire story
    is written in the first person, you only don't find out until the very end
  • edited October 2010
    I finished most of my Christmas shopping today! Only to find half a dozen better presents on amazon. *sigh*
    *fetches credit card*

Also, I still haven't recovered from my flu/Swine Flu & Pneumonia jabs. Todays symptons include: Dizziness, mild headaches and muscular pains, in addition to feeling cold. :(
  • edited October 2010
    This school survey is awkward...
  • edited October 2010
    So, yeah. Chris Nolan has confirmed that the third Batman movie will be called The Dark Knight Rises. And the Riddler won't be the villain. And neither will Mr. Freeze. And the script is finished.

Well. I don't know what to say. As long as Black Mask is in I could care less about anything else.
  • edited October 2010
    So, yeah. Chris Nolan has confirmed that the third Batman movie will be called The Dark Knight Rises. And the Riddler won't be the villain. And neither will Mr. Freeze. And the script is finished.

Well. I don't know what to say. As long as Black Mask is in I could care less about anything else.

Fingers crossed the villian is Calendar Man.
  • edited October 2010
    Riddler isn't really "right" for the Nolan-verse, even at the comic's grittiest. An interpretation of Black Mask, Deadshot, Bane(done RIGHT, as per Knightfall), or Mr. Zsasz(though he's already made a cameo, and that wasn't "main villain" material) would work.
  • edited October 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Also, the entire story
    is written in the first person, you only don't find out until the very end
    I think that would qualify as being written in third person, only the narrator is a character too (as happens in, for instance, A Series of Unfortunate Events). It's not first person if the narrator barely appears and there is only one instance of "I" in the end...

To write her, try being extremely pragmatic. See things with logic, try to get emotions out of the way. It's going to be hard for people to relate to her, of course, since I don't think people can relate to having no feelings.

Oh, also, it IS apathy. Pathetic means able to feel emotions, feelings, and a- is a privative prefix. In other words, apathy means absence of feelings/emotions, which is exactly what you're talking about here, isn't it?
  • edited October 2010
    I think that would qualify as being written in third person, only the narrator is a character too (as happens in, for instance, A Series of Unfortunate Events). It's not first person if the narrator barely appears and there is only one instance of "I" in the end...

To write her, try being extremely pragmatic. See things with logic, try to get emotions out of the way. It's going to be hard for people to relate to her, of course, since I don't think people can relate to having no feelings.

Oh, also, it IS apathy. Pathetic means able to feel emotions, feelings, and a- is a privative prefix. In other words, apathy means absence of feelings/emotions, which is exactly what you're talking about here, isn't it?

This :p
  • edited October 2010
    I'm thinking about making a "Worst Plot Twists" thread.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm thinking about making a "Worst Plot Twists" thread.

Why?
  • edited October 2010
    Because why not?
  • edited October 2010
    I just changed my avataw. I now have a Puppetstaw-vataw!
  • edited October 2010
    I'm sick and at home and I think I'm posting a lot more today than I normally would because it takes my mind off being sick and losing my breakfast and the like.

Okay apparently that's not working.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    it takes my mind off being sick and losing my breakfast and the like.

I hope it was nice, since you tasted it twice!

... not helping? :o
  • edited October 2010
    It wasn't as good coming up as going down. I don't remember it burning when it was going down, either.
    edited October 2010
    It wasn't as good coming up as going down. I don't remember it burning when it was going down, either.

Now you're starting to make me feel a little peaky myself.
  • edited October 2010
    I just changed my avataw. I now have a Puppetstaw-vataw!

Is this the new eyevater?
  • edited October 2010
    Is this the new eyevater?

It could be. I think DavidE used to have one. Where did he go, anyway?
  • edited October 2010
    ...david eggers left. like, 6 months ago. that's why we have alan.
  • edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    ...david eggers left. like, 6 months ago. that's why we have alan.

That doesn't mean he can't post on the forums, does it?
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Now you're starting to make me feel a little peaky myself.

Haha peaky! I'm guessing that means queasy? :)
    edited October 2010
    Haha peaky! I'm guessing that means queasy? :)

Gold star for Alan. :)
  • edited October 2010
    Crazy foreigners and your wacky slang that makes no sense.
  • edited October 2010

You obviously didn't cook it enough.
    If you did, it would have burnt you, and you wouldn't be ill from food poisoning!:p
  • edited October 2010
    And the Riddler won't be the villain.

NERDRAGE!!!!!!

I really really wanted E. Nigma to be the villain of the new film, But I also wanted Jim Parsons to play him, so I might not be a good judge, but just Imagine Parsons saying "Riddle me this, Batman" and you will see my point.
  • edited October 2010
    So who's playing Robin?
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    So who's playing Robin?

only-fools-and-horses_1932_1.jpg?cache=1203524873
  • edited October 2010
    Umph!!! Umph!!! Umph!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    only-fools-and-horses_1932_1.jpg?cache=1203524873

Oh jesus, it would be glorious though. Nicky Lyndhurst could do a good Robin all the same
This discussion has been closed.