The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    MShippo3792.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    It doesn't work. Axel didn't leave for Castle Oblivion until after having ice cream with Roxas on Day 22. Vexen didn't set up the Replica Program at Castle Oblivion until after Day 23. On Day 24, Zexion made a Secret Report saying that Marluxia had succeeded in bringing Sora to Castle Oblivion, and on Day 26, Zexion's report questioned why Axel would kill Vexen (which happened on floor 11 out of 13). Marluxia's report on Day 27 shows that he's still alive at some point on that day, but if Sora cleared 11 floors in two days, I doubt it took him much longer to clear the last two and off Marluxia. Since Roxas passes out on Day 26 and doesn't wake up until Day 50, it's hard to say exactly when Sora reached the top of the castle, but I'd guess Day 27, putting Sora inside the castle for three days. Riku, on the other hand, arrived around the same time but was still a few basements from ground level when he detected the death of Marluxia.

Found the link I wanted.

There, word of god says it took Sora 3 whole weeks since Roxas collapses to get to the top of Castle Oblivion. Either the place is GIGANTIC or Sora is incredibly ****ing slow.
  • edited October 2010
    It doesn't work. Axel didn't leave for Castle Oblivion until after having ice cream with Roxas on Day 22. Vexen didn't set up the Replica Program at Castle Oblivion until after Day 23. On Day 24, Zexion made a Secret Report saying that Marluxia had succeeded in bringing Sora to Castle Oblivion, and on Day 26, Zexion's report questioned why Axel would kill Vexen (which happened on floor 11 out of 13). Marluxia's report on Day 27 shows that he's still alive at some point on that day, but if Sora cleared 11 floors in two days, I doubt it took him much longer to clear the last two and off Marluxia. Since Roxas passes out on Day 26 and doesn't wake up until Day 50, it's hard to say exactly when Sora reached the top of the castle, but I'd guess Day 27, putting Sora inside the castle for three days. Riku, on the other hand, arrived around the same time but was still a few basements from ground level when he detected the death of Marluxia.

don't spoil anything, i have not finished that game yet
  • edited October 2010
    Ugh, I can see why Harvest Gold Mead is so cheap, it tastes like artificial vanilla. Next time I'm sticking to Moniack or Lindisfarne.
  • edited October 2010
    Collection agencies keep calling my phone number looking for some deadbeat with the same last name. Either she's giving out my number as her personal phone number to everyone she's ripping off, or the agencies are just calling everyone with the same last name hoping to find her. At least they've been getting off within 30 seconds of my saying they have a wrong number, so far.
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Found the link I wanted.

There, word of god says it took Sora 3 whole weeks since Roxas collapses to get to the top of Castle Oblivion. Either the place is GIGANTIC or Sora is incredibly ****ing slow.

I hate it so much when word of god directly goes against canon.
    Zexion wrote:
    Day 26: Axel's Actions

Simple deduction suggests Axel's outwardly inscrutable actions are the result of some directive from Saïx. Why else eliminate Vexen? He simply wanted to do research. Did we not all stand to gain from the fruits of his Program? What is Axel thinking?

The two following reports also talk about the death of Vexen. Vexen dies in Twilight Town, which is the only world card you have available to you on floor 11. I can live with going with word of god on this one, but that means whoever wrote the Secret Reports screwed up bad.
    seibert999 wrote: »
    don't spoil anything, i have not finished that game yet

It's a wall of text you can easily ignore. Chain of Memories is already six years old. I didn't feel that spoiler tags were necessary.
  • edited October 2010
    I haven't even finished Kingdom Hearts 1. I'm nearly done with Chain of Memories, but they decided to give Riku like twice the maximum health fully upgraded. I can only get him half way down, if that much.
  • edited October 2010
    I never did get around to doing Riku's story in Chain of Memories, and now that I have access to Re:Chain of Memories, I likely never will.

Right now, I'm planning on running the series in chronological order. After I finish with Birth by Sleep, I'll be going back to the first game. Hopefully by the time I finish the first five games, I'll have my hands on Re:Coded.
  • edited October 2010
    That just means it took him 3 weeks to go through two floors. On his defense, the floors were huge and he probably lost his sense of direction along with his memories >_>
  • edited October 2010
    Why bother with a timeline at all? I mean, it's obviously a badly-written, self-contradictory, convoluted mess. And wow that sounds directed and mean, but what I mean to say is...

...the story obviously isn't written with any real regard for itself, so why chronicle it with any regard for it?
  • edited October 2010
    ...If floor 11 has to be Twilight Town and floor 13 has to be Castle Oblivion...what's floor 12?

*GameFAQs*

Oh, Destiny Islands. Maybe Sora was feeling homesick and just took a two week vacation on floor 12.
  • edited October 2010
    I never did get around to doing Riku's story in Chain of Memories, and now that I have access to Re:Chain of Memories, I likely never will.

Right now, I'm planning on running the series in chronological order. After I finish with Birth by Sleep, I'll be going back to the first game. Hopefully by the time I finish the first five games, I'll have my hands on Re:Coded.

Small problem. The upcoming 3DS game will be placed in between BBS and KH.
  • edited October 2010
    Nope, it's after 2, both Nomura and the secret movie of re:Coded say so IIRC.
    Why bother with a timeline at all? I mean, it's obviously a badly-written, self-contradictory, convoluted mess. And wow that sounds directed and mean, but what I mean to say is...

...the story obviously isn't written with any real regard for itself, so why chronicle it with any regard for it?

Some poeple just find that kind of stuff fun to do (guilty).
  • edited October 2010
    Small problem. The upcoming 3DS game will be placed in between BBS and KH.

Uhh...no.
  • edited October 2010

Weird. I heard somewhere that it was going to have a young Sora and Riku as the main characters, making me think it was before the original.
  • edited October 2010
    Saw District 9 with my flatmates a bit ago. Given I didn't really know how I felt about the movie the last time I saw it, I was rather surprised to find I really enjoyed it. Especially the pig throwing grav gun bit, can't believe I forgot that.
  • edited October 2010

I say we should take turns sticking this quote on whatever series it fits with.

The full series for Star Wars.
  • edited October 2010

Neon Genesis Evangelion.
  • edited October 2010
    My dad keeps calling Keyblades "sling blades". It's weird.
  • edited October 2010

Monkey Island.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh, come on, you guys are passing up the most obvious and most fitting one!

The Legend of Zelda

Maybe someone should make a thread in Forum Games just for this.
  • edited October 2010
    That is a very good point, they keep making them go back in time and each time they say that it is the VERY first.

Skyward Sword being the origin of the Master Sword, I think they've run out of Back in Time things.

New thing: I hate being single, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that. I've asked people for advice, the most I've gotten is "Be yourself" at the most. That has worked with a total of two people, With the first girl a lot of complicated stuff happened. The other girl currently has a crush on one of my best friends.

Now my question: What do I do when being myself fails miserably.

Question 2, Why do I keep trying to spell myself as myslef?
  • edited October 2010
    What's the point in drawing anymore?
  • edited October 2010
    Cheri wrote: »

because its fun

also i had to get 3 shots because the doctor realized i was behind on my vaccinations. didn't really hurt until 3 hours ago. now im in the worst pain in my life. im a very pain tolerating person, so im baffled on how this could be. i can't even lie down, im in so much pain.

bawww
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    New thing: I hate being single, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that.

This is going to sound trite, but it's a cliche because it's true: you really have to be happy on your own before you can function as half of a couple.
    Now my question: What do I do when being myself fails miserably.

You keep being yourself. A relationship will only make you miserable if you're constantly roleplaying as someone else. It won't last, either. Being yourself will help you find the right person for YOU. Just learn to relax and have a good time, whoever you're with, without always expecting something more.
    Cheri wrote: »

To keep improving? :)
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    i can't even lie down, im in so much pain.

Maybe you should call someone about that - it doesn't sound quite right. :(
  • edited October 2010
    nah, that'd cost money. which i don't have. im just gonna take some pain meds.

im a huge advocate for vaccinations, it's just i don't think its very nice of my doctor to decide to shoot me up 3 times in both arms on the same visit.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    i don't think its very nice of my doctor to decide to shoot me up 3 times in both arms on the same visit.

Hah, I'm exactly the opposite. I want to get it all over and done with. I'm like, "Just fill me up, I don't want to come see you again. You can use my butt too, right?" :p
  • edited October 2010
    ive never whimpered in pain before. ive been either muttering the lyrics to night and day or the word fuck over and over again until the pain meds started kicking in.

it's kinda funny in a sense
  • edited October 2010
    Sitting in the common room listening to Daft Punk's Discovery album. Life is good.
  • edited October 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    Sitting in the common room listening to Daft Punk's Discovery album. Life is good.

FUCK YES, DAFT PUNK.

This thread is now about Daft Punk.
  • edited October 2010
    YESS. Totally on board with that.
  • edited October 2010
    No complaints on my end. I think Disney made the right choice by getting them to do the score for the new Tron movie.
  • edited October 2010
    Amen to that. I'm nervous about the Tron remake as a concept, but Daft Punk's soundtrack will rule.
  • edited October 2010
    It's not a remake. It's a sequel
  • edited October 2010
    Irrelevant. What is relevant is that DAFT PUNK is the best thing to ever come out of France... No offense, Avistew.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, punk is a pretty terrible genre. You'd have to be daft to enjoy it, really.
  • edited October 2010
    Irrelevant. What is relevant is that DAFT PUNK is the best thing to ever come out of France... No offense, Avistew.

I've actually never heard of Daft Punk before...:o
    Are they... good?

I bought a frame for my Autograph today!
    photo0194r.jpg
    Photo didn't come ouut well, but it looks alot nicer than that!

Is anyone Dressing up for Hallowe'en?
  • edited October 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I've actually never heard of Daft Punk before

I doubt that.

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
    Robot Rock.
  • edited October 2010
    I doubt that.

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
    Robot Rock.

I'm not really big on the music front. I may have heard one of their songs once or twice, but i wouldn't be able to tell. I don't listen to the radio often. And my friends are interested in Jamiroquai and j-pop (at least the ones I still I speak to regularly now).
  • edited October 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I'm not really big on the music front. I may have heard one of their songs once or twice, but i wouldn't be able to tell. I don't listen to the radio often. And my friends are interested in Jamiroquai and j-pop (at least the ones I still I speak to regularly now).

They actually made a really cool anime movie. It's like a really long music video. It's called Interstella 5555 and it showcases their music really well.
This discussion has been closed.