The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Because it's meant to be written, not spoken. "HP" for "hit points" is the exact same number of syllables, it exists because it takes less room when written.

Now, I agree with you that it's annoying when people choose to use the abbreviation when speaking even though it's not faster.

*cough*rhetorical question*cough* :p

I think I hate it so much because I hate saying it for one, and also because you don't even need to type in "www." anyways, thus making the whole affair redundant anyways.

Also in primary school we were taught that "W" was a "wicked witch" in my eyes it's like a coven of black arts wielding harpies :p
  • edited November 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Good news! You're not! Jar-Jar is my favourite character. I don't follow what's going on in the Star Wars world and haven't seen all the movies, but out of the few movies I have seen of it, I like the one with Jar-Jar the best. I think it's because he isn't as serious a character as everyone else seems to be.

...your favourite? I... I... Wait, what?
  • edited November 2010

I don't get it either.
  • edited November 2010

I just like him best. He's kinda cute with his haplessness. (I have no idea if that's a word). Although I'm sure I'll get told off for saying this, I ought to point out I'm not a fan of star wars. I don't dislike it either, but when the films were coming out I just didn't get into it.
    I guess it's a little strange that one of my favourite games that I own is The Phantom Menace. (and guess what... the part where I have to follow Jar-Jar has always been my favourite part of the game)!
  • edited November 2010
    Would I sound like a raving nutcase if I don't believe for one second the
    hearing aid
    explanation for the Charlie Chaplin time traveler?
  • edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Because it's meant to be written, not spoken. "HP" for "hit points" is the exact same number of syllables, it exists because it takes less room when written.

Now, I agree with you that it's annoying when people choose to use the abbreviation when speaking even though it's not faster.

Wait... you don't use the abbreviation when speaking? So you'd say "world wide web dot telltale games dot com"?
  • edited November 2010
    I recently watched Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey and I forgot how much I absolutely adore that movie. I also never knew Chance was played by Michael J. Fox. Yet, as much as I love that movie I know how to ruin it for everyone else by observing that the animals used in the movie are all long dead by now.

a7dd289b97d8be77f0cd53e822adf8ab1229365603_full.gif
  • edited November 2010
    So? The people used in most of my favorite movies are long dead by now.
  • edited November 2010
    Hah. People caring about people instead of animals. What sorcery is this?
  • edited November 2010
    So? The people used in most of my favorite movies are long dead by now.

Michael Cera's dead!?
  • edited November 2010
    Man, you know I love ya. And because I love ya, I gotta tell ya, I hate ya.
  • edited November 2010
    I just searched in the internet the word Maim. And now I'm cracking up
  • edited November 2010
    Man, you know I love ya. And because I love ya, I gotta tell ya, I hate ya.

Allow me to retort
  • edited November 2010
    A reference like that makes abject hatred REALLY hard to maintain, you know.
  • edited November 2010
    A reference like that makes abject hatred REALLY hard to maintain, you know.

After I hit the post button I leaned back in my chair, lit up a smoke and just revelled in my mastery.

Except smoking isn't allowed in the house so I stood out in the rain and froze my arse off
  • edited November 2010
    Watch this video to find out why i hate the holidays.

Warning: NSFW
  • edited November 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    After I hit the post button I leaned back in my chair, lit up a smoke and just revelled in my mastery.

Except smoking isn't allowed in the house so I stood out in the rain and froze my arse off

(Morgan Freeman voice in your head read with)
    This is the most heart touching post ever at TTG. I don't smoke, to be frank I think it's stupid, aside from relieving stress but some how, this is still touching...
  • edited November 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Wait... you don't use the abbreviation when speaking? So you'd say "world wide web dot telltale games dot com"?

Actually, I can't remember saying the "www" part of an address when giving it to someone, although I guess I may have done it. Seems to me I would just say "telltale games dot come". I mean if you say the "www", why not say the "http column slash slash" while you're at it?

Also, come to think of it, I'd probably say "three double-Us". Which, granted, is also longer than "world wide web", but shorter and less repetitive than "double-u, double-u, double-u".
  • edited November 2010
    Back in my day, you had to type in the http://www. or it wouldn't work. :p
  • edited November 2010
    Yep, one of those days...indeed. Oh snap you old timer you.
  • edited November 2010
    I just realized that despite checking these forums just as obsessively as always, I haven't made a post since yesterday afternoon. Clearly, something is wrong with me.
  • edited November 2010
    I feel proud of my brain. Even though I haven't taken a math class in two years, I was still able to help my not-so-little brother with his calculus homework! Way to go, brain! You don't forget everything right after the exam after all!
  • edited November 2010
    I just finished assembling, printing, and checking off my progress on a 20 page checklist for the Reports in Birth by Sleep, plus another 8 pages of reference materials for Command Melding and hunting down Ice Cream ingredients.

Help me!
  • edited November 2010
    I just finished assembling, printing, and checking off my progress on a 20 page checklist for the Reports in Birth by Sleep, plus another 8 pages of reference materials for Command Melding and hunting down Ice Cream ingredients.

Help me!

It's alright...just calm down and step away from the handheld.
  • edited November 2010
    The sad part is that I didn't touch the PSP through the entire process. I assembled the checklist from various guides on GameFAQs (with lots of editing to make it both complete and uniform) and I used an incomplete checklist I had been using to fill in the new checklist.

Meh, the checklist says that everything I have left to do involves going to the Mirage Arena. I probably should've started working on that earlier so I could spread it out through the game. There's also a little bit that involves advancing the storyline, but I'm holding off on that until everything else is done.
  • edited November 2010
    So...turns out you can't complete certain reports until finishing the game as other characters. For example, this Arena Match that can only be unlocked for Terra and Ven by beating the game as Aqua...who I'm playing as last...

This game hates me.
  • edited November 2010
    So...turns out you can't complete certain reports until finishing the game as other characters. For example, this Arena Match that can only be unlocked for Terra and Ven by beating the game as Aqua...who I'm playing as last...

This game hates me.

I'm pretty sure the game doesn't hate you...it hasn't stopped working for you.
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, Tetsuya Nomura hates me. You do have a point, I don't think anybody's figured out how to embed raw hatred into a piece of plastic yet.
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, Tetsuya Nomura hates me. You do have a point, I don't think anybody's figured out how to embed raw hatred into a piece of plastic yet.

Remember the Virtual Boy?
  • edited November 2010
    Exactly the sort of response I was hoping for. I also would've accepted E.T. for the Atari, the 32X, and every one of Uwe Boll's films released on DVD, but I think you made the best choice.
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    (Morgan Freeman voice in your head read with)
    This is the most heart touching post ever at TTG. I don't smoke, to be frank I think it's stupid, aside from relieving stress but some how, this is still touching...

That's quite the accolade, but I must rescind it i'm afraid

1. People have poured their hearts out in some places around here with truly emotional and touching posts

2. I think you're a bit mental, t'was only a joke my man
  • edited November 2010
    Exactly the sort of response I was hoping for. I also would've accepted E.T. for the Atari, the 32X, and every one of Uwe Boll's films released on DVD, but I think you made the best choice.

There's also the Atari 5200. and the Philips CD-I.
  • edited November 2010
    5200 is good, but only if you are using an emulator.
    I seriously seem to be one of 3 people on the planet who thought ET was a good game. But you've got me on the Virtual Boy and Uwe Boll.

Now for what's really on my mind. This is my current reason for loving Japan. Maybe it's just that sappy love stories just get to me.
  • edited November 2010
    Getting sick, tried to convince myself I wasn't, but given how shitty I feel after just doing something as simple as cleaning my room, there's no real way around it.
  • edited November 2010
    I caved in and bought a wii...now I own every Next gen system...and kind of happy..I can play skies of arcadia, though I prefer the DC version..oh well I am happy.
  • edited November 2010
    New Mortal Kombat Trailer!
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe he was too needy, too nice and it pushed her away because she had doubts, or something...
  • edited November 2010
    Fireworks going off outside the city. I must confess I'm confused as to why fireworks are going off on the 6th of November instead of the 5th.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm hungry.

Also, I wish I could be in SoCal right now...
    coolsome wrote: »
    New Mortal Kombat Trailer!

*points at date of the video*
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I'm hungry.

Also, I wish I could be in SoCal right now...

*points at date of the video*

Its new to me!
This discussion has been closed.