The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    Fireworks going off outside the city. I must confess I'm confused as to why fireworks are going off on the 6th of November instead of the 5th.

there going off here to I guess it was to rainy yesterday.
  • edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    there going off here to I guess it was to rainy yesterday.

And here. My cat is cowering behind the sofa. She's refusing to come out. My guess is that she'll come out about an hour and a half after the last fireworks have sounded. That's the usual for her.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm watching back to the future for the first actually paying attention to it time. Love it so far.
  • edited November 2010
    Just saw Paranormal Activity 2. Spoiler-free thoughts:

I just don't know. I'm glad I watched it, but could I call it a "good" movie? Compared to the first, no. As it's own thing, yes. It was definitely scarier than the original, and one scene in particular was unbelievably creepy and will be my new high point in horror films for a long time.

But it was far less imaginative on the whole, and the story ranged from brilliant to mind-numbingly stupid. Sometimes both in a single scene.

I found myself just wanting it to be over about halfway through, but when it *finally* started going somewhere at around the one hour mark, I was enraptured. Basically, they took the biggest scare in the first film and based the entire sequel around trying to recreate it. Sometimes they succeeded, others not so much, but all in all it was a solid sequel. One note to the crew, though: Pool cleaners aren't scary. They just aren't.
  • edited November 2010
    Darkwing Duck should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.

No wait, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.

No no no, I got it, Kim Possible should be in the next Kingom Hearts.

Oh wait, I got something better, Phineas and Ferb should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.

No, I've got something brilliant here, Recess should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.
  • edited November 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »

Oh wait, I got something better, Phineas and Ferb should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.

No, I've got something brilliant here, Recess should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.

Marvel Super Hero Squad should be in Kingdom Hearts
  • edited November 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »

1. hells yeah
    2. Chip and Dale are already in Kingdom Hearts
    3-5. No.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    3-5. No.

But Miss Finster could be a Heartless!!!
  • edited November 2010
    I'll give you that one, but I can't imagine any of those kids fighting heartless.

no, that one movie about summer vacation doesn't count
  • edited November 2010
    I'm sorry, but none of those sound like "Gargoyles" to me. =/
  • edited November 2010
    I want Kingdom Hearts to expand to other types of universes, like WB/DC, Marvel, Microsoft, Sega, and Nintendo. Imagine Batman and Mario in the same game. Yeah...
  • edited November 2010
    I want Kingdom Hearts to expand to other types of universes, like WB/DC, Marvel, Microsoft, Sega, and Nintendo. Imagine Batman and Mario in the same game. Yeah...

master_keyblade____link_mario_by_ma.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    2. Chip and Dale are already in Kingdom Hearts

But where are Gadget Hackwrench and... those other two characters?

Also, I think the popularity of Gargoyles is enough to warrant a spot in a future Kingdom Hearts.

Which also reminds me to search for the series. On the Internets.

But seriously, Darkwing Duck is easy to use for Kingdom Hearts. Imagine the plot of Darkly Dawns the Duck, but with Sora! Oh, and of course Goofy and Donald. And less bullets. Seriously, how come people could get away with guns back then but not now?
  • edited November 2010
    I'll give you that one, but I can't imagine any of those kids fighting heartless.

no, that one movie about summer vacation doesn't count

Spinelli would!
  • edited November 2010
    Still spending far too much time playing Fallout: New Vegas. I really need to get a new companion, Boone is starting to get on my nerves by whining 'let me aim that for you next time' in just about every fight. It's called a minigun Boone, you don't need precision, you point it in the general direction of what you want dead, and it makes them dead. Bloody snipers.

Also I have encountered my first disappointment in the game, giving your character really low intelligence doesn't change all the dialogue options like it did in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. Booooooo.
  • edited November 2010
    Extremely hot oil + frozen french fries == CRAZY AWESOME
  • edited November 2010
    Need help whats that rly recorgisble song off lord of the rings called? used in pretty much all parodys trailers ect.
  • edited November 2010
    I think the one you're thinking of is further into The Road Goes Ever On Part I and also in The Road Goes Ever On Part II.
  • edited November 2010
    I think the one you're thinking of is further into The Road Goes Ever On Part I and also in The Road Goes Ever On Part II.

Thanks I was looking 4 ages.
    I uploaded a vid to youtube and just got a strange ass messege saying its blocked everywhere

As a result, your video has been blocked worldwide.

What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide.

umm what??
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, major fighting game tournament streams' chatrooms are still ****ing stupid and rage inducing, why do I keep leaving them on again?
  • edited November 2010
    I've just bought the Goblins pack on GOG.com - been meaning to get it for a while so happy that I finally remembered to get it. It helped that I was reminded by the current sale e-mail I got from GOG.
  • edited November 2010
    Again, coming way late to the conversation (it's been a busy day), Kingdom Hearts is way overdue for some Toy Story. A few of the Pixar films would work in the game, but Toy Story seems to be the best fit for a Kingdom Hearts world to me. It'd probably be Andy's Room, and Sora and co. would probably take on toy forms. It's so obvious I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Anyway, I got to go to a ramen shop for the first time today, and it was amazing. Except the boiled egg, that was a little strange.
  • edited November 2010
    I should probably go to sleep, but my sister is awake and coughing loudly in the next room over, and her hamster is on it's loud wheel.
  • edited November 2010
    I just found out Powell Symphony Hall in St. Louis will be having a screening of The Fellowship of the Ring the first Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in April 2011 with the entire score performed live by an orchestra.

The only problem is that tickets are pricey. The cheapest tickets are thirty-five dollars per person, with the most expensive being up to eighty. I'd love to go though, although I kind of wish it was a Spielberg movie or a Star Wars film so I could see a Williams score performed live.
  • edited November 2010
    finding caves in minecraft is way more fun than it should be
  • edited November 2010
    Seeing the clock tick from 1:59 AM to 1:00 AM always weirds me out.
  • edited November 2010
    I must be insane. I've officially spent too much money on Xmas.

On that note, Pong Sears Atari was not the first home system.
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    I must be insane. I've officially spent too much money on Xmas.

On that note, Pong Sears Atari was not the first home system.

Nope the Magnavox Odyssey.
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Nope the Magnavox Odyssey.

Nope. Tennis for Two.
  • edited November 2010
    Nope. Tennis for Two.

Nope, unnamed missile simulator game.
  • edited November 2010
    SHODANFreeman wins this battle
  • edited November 2010
    Nope, unnamed missile simulator game.

pretty sure this isn't a home system
  • edited November 2010
    Technically, neither was Tennis for Two, but My mother had it as a child.
  • edited November 2010
    She had an oscilloscope setup?
  • edited November 2010
    You have no idea how much of a nerd my grandfather was
  • edited November 2010
    My friends, I said first home system not the 1958 laboratory models. :D

1972 MAGNAVOX ODYSSEY ( A little more...hehe) From what I understand these are limited. Not the first committed home video game system.

MO22-661S.JPG=600
    MO22-657S.JPG=600
    MO22-654S.JPG=600
    MO22-649S.JPG=600

1975 ODYSSEY 100 CONSOLE By Magnavox (First committed home video game system)

ODYSSEY100CONSOLE.jpg

The lucky bastard is getting both, I must love my brother after all.

If you actually had a Tennis For Two, it belongs in a museum and is worth "BIG" BIG bucks.
  • edited November 2010
    You have no idea how much of a nerd my grandfather was

Haha, don't be so sure. :p My grandfather's home office was (and still is) a nerd paradise. :D I feel like I'm walking on hallowed ground whenever I'm in there.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm really excited for the Walking Dead episode tonight. If we can get a zombie HALF as good as the iconic crawling woman from the first episode, then this series is going to be a blast for however long it lasts. I really hope they end up going through the Prison Arc, because The Governor on TV would just be.....oh man, that would just be fantastic.
  • edited November 2010
    Dear certain Youtube users,
    uploading a 10 minute video with only text in it NEVER brings your point across. While people prolly won't even watch it completely, it also takes away webspace that yould be filled with videos of adorable little kittens. Something I need to watch after your link turned out to be one of those endless-text-videos.
    If you are not capable of doing decent video editing to support your opinion, get a blog. There are thousands of free providers. Just look for one.

Sincerely,
    me.
  • edited November 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    Dear certain Youtube users,
    uploading a 10 minute video with only text in it NEVER brings your point across. While people prolly won't even watch it completely, it also takes away webspace that yould be filled with videos of adorable little kittens. Something I need to watch after your link turned out to be one of those endless-text-videos.
    If you are not capable of doing decent video editing to support your opinion, get a blog. There are thousands of free providers. Just look for one.

Sincerely,
    me.

You should upload that as a text only video.
This discussion has been closed.