The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Trying to explain the movie Lisztomania to someone who's never seen it is hard.

Actually, come to think of it, explaining Lisztomania to anyone is hard.
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I was woken by my ex of an hour, and broken up with. This wouldn't have been so bad, if I didn't have a migraine last night...yep, pretty crappy end of the week.

Condolences! I'm sorry for your loss. *Hugs*
    Toy Story 3 is excellent. If you liked TS1 and TS2 it's like that, although with more of that 'pull at your heartstrings' stuff that Pixar's been doing lately.

I think that's what RD meant by "saccharine bullshit".
  • edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I think that's what RD meant by "saccharine bullshit".

I don't know if I'd call what happens at the beginning of Up as 'saccharine'.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think he was talking about the opening of UP.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know if I'd call what happens at the beginning of Up as 'saccharine'.
    To be entirely clear, the start of Up is by no means what I'd refer to as "saccharine bullshit". The talking dog subplot and most of the bird's and boy's individual stories were handled would fall far more into that sort of category.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know what 'saccharine' even means!!

I'd look it up and pretend I knew what it meant all along, but that'd be cheating.

*five seconds pass* ...ohhhhhhhhh
  • edited November 2010
    You crack me up, little buddy.
  • edited November 2010
    It's sugar. That means it's too sweet. Like when you kiss in front of a friend and that friend says he needs some insulin now.

To be more specific, saccharine is the adjective, the noun being saccharose or sucrose.
  • edited November 2010
    youtube wrote:
    "sailorcuteness has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."
    Its not enough youtube banned me they had to have me killed!?

EDIT
    OMG IM COOLSOME YAY TY TTG!!!11
  • edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    "sailorcuteness has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."

Its not enough youtube banned me they had to have me killed!?

I'd be avoiding anyone that looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Robert Patrick if I was you...

ETA: I am disappointed by the name-change. SailorCuteness combined with your old Max avatar always gave me this mental image of Max dressed as Sailor Moon. Which I will still imagine you as.
  • edited November 2010
    I just crushed one contact lens. First time I've ever done that. Now I have to go off to the optometrist...gah!
  • edited November 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    I'd be avoiding anyone that looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Robert Patrick if I was you...

Must get to the chopper!
  • edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    Must get to the chopper!

It's just been revoked!
  • edited November 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    ETA: I am disappointed by the name-change. SailorCuteness combined with your old Max avatar always gave me this mental image of Max dressed as Sailor Moon. Which I will still imagine you as.

well in the season 3 finale
    Mutant Max did a Sailor Moon dance XD
  • edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    To be more specific, saccharine is the adjective, the noun being saccharose or sucrose.
    I'd use saccharin as the noun form of saccharine, personally. =P
  • edited November 2010
    I'd use saccharin as the noun form of saccharine, personally. =P

Mmh, I guess that makes the adjective mean, instead of "overly sweet", "artificially sweet" if you're referring to saccharin rather than saccharose. That's... well, I can't deny it's accurate too.
  • edited November 2010
    我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都!

Anyone wanna take a crack at it?

Anyone?

Please?
  • edited November 2010
    我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都!

Anyone?

Please?

Babel fish says "My mother and her crazy sister's sons!" Although I was guessing what language it was.
  • edited November 2010
    我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都!

Anyone?

Please?
    "My mother and her nephew are crazy!"

...?

By the way, sorry, I cheated. I used 谷歌翻译.
  • edited November 2010
    精神病院に入れて。

here is my response to that, in a different language, I believe.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    精神病院に入れて。

here is my response to that, in a different language, I believe.

"Inserting in the Mental hospital"?
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, that's not it. Japanese is weird.
  • edited November 2010
    All wrong.

I'm allowing two more guesses. Anyone actually know Mandarin here?
  • edited November 2010
    All wrong.

I'm allowing two more guesses. Anyone actually know Mandarin here?

Nope.avi
    Yeah, that's not it. Japanese is weird.

Oh. "You belong in the mental hospital."
  • edited November 2010
    Closer, although that is certainly true. What I said was "Put them in a mental institution."
  • edited November 2010
    I do. I suck at reading though. hold on

or you know what? is it profane? I'll just run it through my mom if it isnt.
  • edited November 2010
    Love me, Love me. Say that you love me.
    fool me fool me, go on and fool me...

I swear to god I was listening to The Cardigans and not Beiber.
  • edited November 2010
    "My mom and her crazy nephew both...(incomplete sentence)" Says my mom. Though "My mom" can be used as a exclamation like "My god!", but it has "and her" in it. So yeah. My mom says it doesn't make sense.
  • edited November 2010
    To be fair, it was from Firefly and their translation is apparently somewhat... off.

But Tope got it right. More is heer.
  • edited November 2010
    ...meh
  • edited November 2010
    Damn noisy here now. Well, outside here now to be more exact.
  • edited November 2010
    I've recently decided George Lucas doesn't deserve as much blind moronic hatred as he gets. I'm going to quit blindly attacking and hating on George Lucas like all the other "cool" fanboys.
  • edited November 2010
    I liked Jar-Jar Binks, I seem to be the only person in the world who did. I thought the Prequel Trilogy was pretty good, it was just Anakin's actor who sucked. HE sucked so bad I don't remember his name right now.
  • edited November 2010
    I liked Jar-Jar Binks, I seem to be the only person in the world who did. I thought the Prequel Trilogy was pretty good, it was just Anakin's actor who sucked. HE sucked so bad I don't remember his name right now.

Hayden Christensen
  • edited November 2010
    I liked Jar-Jar Binks, I seem to be the only person in the world who did.

Good news! You're not! Jar-Jar is my favourite character. I don't follow what's going on in the Star Wars world and haven't seen all the movies, but out of the few movies I have seen of it, I like the one with Jar-Jar the best. I think it's because he isn't as serious a character as everyone else seems to be.
  • edited November 2010
    why
  • edited November 2010
    why wut
  • edited November 2010
    Why does the abbreviation "www" take longer to say than what it actually stands for?

It's disgraceful how much this annoys me
  • edited November 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Why does the abbreviation "www" take longer to say than what it actually stands for?

It's disgraceful how much this annoys me

Because it's meant to be written, not spoken. "HP" for "hit points" is the exact same number of syllables, it exists because it takes less room when written.

Now, I agree with you that it's annoying when people choose to use the abbreviation when speaking even though it's not faster.
This discussion has been closed.