Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I've only just realized there are in fact, two prints in the shop.
    Well, looks like I'm gonna have to scrounge up another tenner. =3
  • edited April 2008
    I'm pining for my hardbook...I hope it gets printed and shipped soon, as it's going to be my substitute now that the last episode of Season 2 has been released, and we have a long wait until the next season!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Barring insanity, the hardcover is going off to the printer this week... at which point I'll be able to start talking about it! :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Because insanity never happens here....
  • edited April 2008
    Which is a wonder given the two comedy franchises you guys were given licensing rights to.
  • edited April 2008
    Let the countdown commence!
  • edited April 2008
    10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

Wait, that's going to be too fast. I was hoping to see some explosion or something.

Good news about the printing this week though! :D
  • edited April 2008
    I'm super excited! I can't wait to get the new hardcover printing (my old one is falling apart.)
  • edited April 2008
    Let the countdown commence!
    Should we do this in a 'Duke Nukem Forever' countdown? :p
    "It's done when its done"
  • edited April 2008
    I think a "Duke Nukem Forever"-countdown would actually be counting UP... :D
  • edited April 2008
    ...countup is a strange word.
  • edited April 2008
    I cannot wait! I even held off on the paperback for this, but some are popping up on ebay for really cheap... so I'm tempted...
    I'm pretty sure if I saw it in a store I wouldn't walk out without it.
  • edited April 2008
    I picked up a paperback copy myself. That way the hardcover won't be too abused with overuse
  • edited April 2008
    But the hardcover is tougher! I'm gonna tie a belt around it and carry it around all day! lol
  • edited April 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    But the hardcover is tougher! I'm gonna tie a belt around it and carry it around all day! lol
    I'm gonna use it like a bible vest (located near the heart) in case somebody tries to shoot me :p Oh, and I'll try to read it before I get shot at
    I think a "Duke Nukem Forever"-countdown would actually be counting UP
    That's right because it passed the countdown stage long ago (2001?)
  • edited April 2008
    backslash wrote: »
    I'm gonna use it like a bible vest (located near the heart) in case somebody tries to shoot me :p Oh, and I'll try to read it before I get shot at

I don't think there is enough Sam & Max in there for that. Better carry around the Age and Effigy just to be safe.
  • edited April 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I don't think there is enough Sam & Max in there for that. Better carry around the Age and Effigy just to be safe.

Better still, a bullet-proof vest made from unwanted gifts and household objects. You'd be surprised at how good old bathmats are at stopping bullets. That way you won't ruin perfectly good books. ;)
  • edited April 2008
    Will there be an e-mail letting me know when you will finally steal my credit card number, I mean charge the $50 onto my card?
  • edited April 2008
    Should be. They've sent me e-mails every time they were ready to ship anything I've ordered from them in the past.
  • edited April 2008
    Will there be an e-mail letting me know when you will finally steal my credit card number, I mean charge the $50 onto my card?
    If you want an email telling you that I've stolen your credit card number, I'll send one to you :p
    RobD wrote:
    Better still, a bullet-proof vest made from unwanted gifts and household objects. You'd be surprised at how good old bathmats are at stopping bullets. That way you won't ruin perfectly good books.
    The only unwanted gifts I have were some bars of soap and a wash cloth with 'Holland' sewn onto it (penpals...gotta love them). I think wearing bars of soap would just make the bullets go through me quicker and the wash cloth would only clean the bullets on their way out
  • edited April 2008
    ..hey, nothing like a clean bullet. you know how dirty those things usually are? if you're really shot at a lot, you should consider to soak the washcloth with some antiseptic-stuff as well.

i totally like the idea of attaching it to a belt and carrying it around all the time. that way you can hold it aloft and cite from it whenever appropriate. i really hope it get's one or more of those ribbon-bookmarks expensive books use to have, so you have quick access to the best lines when citation is needed..
  • edited April 2008
    I'm too lazy to read 16 pages... if it was already asked I appoligize, but do we have a ship date set for the hardback yet?

(and I love your idea, wisp, of keeping it with you to quote lol --- that's what smartphones and ebooks are for!)
    edited April 2008
    The hardcover contents are now totally at the printer. They're checking the files over the next few days, to make sure that they're good to print, then they'll print off a test proof, which we have to approve, and then they'll get printing! We'll know very soon when the books are expected to actually start rolling off the press.
  • edited April 2008
    Huzzah! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The hardcover contents are now totally at the printer. They're checking the files over the next few days, to make sure that they're good to print, then they'll print off a test proof, which we have to approve, and then they'll get printing! We'll know very soon when the books are expected to actually start rolling off the press.

I'll be checking the blog later today and all this week for more, as usual!
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I'll be checking the blog later today and all this week for more, as usual!
    And I'll be spying from the bushes to make sure they're doing their job >_>
  • edited April 2008
    Do you happen to know wheather all copies have been reserved yet? I'm interested in getting the hardback, but I dont want to reserve it because all the other stuff I want would be held then...
    edited April 2008
    They're not all taken yet, you're still safe :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Any chance to get both the Season 2 DVD and the hardcover in the same shipment?
  • edited April 2008
    That depends on whether there are hardcovers left when the DVD comes out. No promises, sorry :(
  • edited April 2008
    I'm wishing for a T-shirt and book deal (I get all my S+M through Gametap, cant beat $0.99 a month!)

Any plans on a new T-shirt design? I'd like one that doesnt feature max dead....
  • edited April 2008
    I can't wait to get this book! I ordered it a few days ago. After that I'ma get the old DOS game & the animated series.
  • edited April 2008
    So, how soon do you think the hardcovers will be shipped? I just want to to know 'cause I'm buying parts for my dead pc and I don't want to get overcharged.
  • edited April 2008
    Dudes, I just got it & it is awesome! I loved the one with the theiving pirates the best. Twisted, but still awesome!
    edited April 2008
    Hardcover update, in the blog!
  • edited April 2008
    I'm glad I pre-ordered mine. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Hardcover update, in the blog!

at this point: how hard would you have to try to make it not awesome?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We estimate June for shipping, based on what we've been told about how long the stuff that needs to happen next at the printer will take.

When we have a more accurate date, we'll let you guys know.
  • edited April 2008
    Now that’s what I’m talking about. That looks amazing!
  • EmiEmi
    edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We estimate June for shipping.

If this estimate is correct, then June will be a good month for me. Not only will I have the Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway hardcover coming my way but also my Victorian Romance Emma - Season 1 box set and my Maj. Motoko Kusanagi figure. This means, of course, that May will go tortuously slow. I await with eager anticipation.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.