What Comes After(A Walking Dead Fan-Fic)

This is a re-make of the old "What Comes After" Collaborative Fan-fic, which can be found here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/1216642#Comment_1216642

This Fan-fiction will be written collaboratively with the members of the Telltale Community Forums, meaning:

You can write from the perspective of one or more characters. Minor characters can be written by anyone; if they gain a larger role, people can take charge of the characters, if they want. Your characters can and most likely will die, however, a character dying has to be decided by the community. You can't just kill off a major character, it has to be decided by everyone else that is writing, and if they decide you can't, then you've got to go along with that decision.

Besides that, all story decisions will be made by the characters. Minor characters are fair game, unless someone has plans for them. The important thing is to, as much as you can, not step on however peoples' toes, as it were, when writing. Don't destroy their planned plotlines if you can help it, etc. Ultimately, it will be up to me and the people most invested in the story to decide what happens if there's a difference of opinion.

To join, you have to submit a quick description of who your character(s) will be, and what their place in the story will be. Just include some background on them(not everything), and a quick description. Once at least a few people decide to join, I'll start with a quick description of "The Story So Far" that everyone agrees with, and we'll go from there.

Also, don't be shy of using profanity, extreme violence, or anything that might be considered "inappropriate". This is The Walking Dead after all...

Comments

• edited December 2014

Ignore this

• I will make a character , but i´m on the phone now , so i will make him later.

• Should I use my same characters? Or are we starting fresh?

• Doesn't matter, we're starting fresh, but you can use the same characters.

Should I use my same characters? Or are we starting fresh?

• So... I'm not entirely sure how we could start this. We could start it the same way as the previous one(i.e. Motor Inn attacked by bandits, the group in one the road), or we could have an entirely different starting point.

• What about a sneak peek to the start of the ZA , then having the group finding the Motor Inn after is raided?

Zyphon posted: »

So... I'm not entirely sure how we could start this. We could start it the same way as the previous one(i.e. Motor Inn attacked by bandits, the group in one the road), or we could have an entirely different starting point.

• edited December 2014

Name: Zayne Pattinson

Apperance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , caucasian , 5.4 feet tall

Personality: Agressive and Distrustful at first but Friendly , Helpful and Trustful when you get closer to him. Compassive , Lonely , Thoguhtful , Depressive. He likes reading and tech stuff

Backstory: When the ZA started he lost his parents the only left were him , his 2 older brothers , Kyle and Stan and his little sister Camile. One day , when he woke up in the middle of the night , he discovered Kyle eating one member of the group. Kyle saw him and tried to kill him but Stan saved him. 4 months later him and his silbings were the only ones in the group alive. A herd busted them and Stan left Camile and him to die. Camile got etan alive by the walkers , but Zayne escaped. He doesn´t trust people too much afer that because even the most closer to you can betray you every time. He is a lone wolf now (not a bandit) but he can join a group.

Skills: God with the knife and excellent runner , but doesn´t like guns.

• Accepted.

supersagig posted: »

Name: Zayne Pattinson Age: 13 Apperance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , caucasian , 5.4 feet tall Personality: Agressive an

• edited December 2014

Linda Arlus, 58 year old woman who once lived in New Jersey with her husband. Her husband used to abuse her, and use her for his needs, but she endured it. When she was 40 he was found dead in a car accident for drunk driving. She has one daughter that has grown up and is at college in New York(Can be minor or major character), and Linda has lived alone at her house. She was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, PTSD, and chronic depression. She's had some financial problems but luckily her daughter has been helping out with the bills. The apocalypse hits one night and people are in a panic.

After her husband, Linda has been very distrustful of people, especially men, believing them all the same. She thinks that anyone could be a threat, and it's made her very cautious, and wary around other people. She knows that she'll have to rely on other people to survive due to her old age, but she doesn't want to make the same mistake that she did before, so she won't care as much if she dies. She's wise and is usually in the middle during decisions, which she usually leaves to the younger people. She doesn't fear death, and feels a responsibility to make sure relationships are true.

She is a bit pale, with some obvious creases and wrinkles in body and face. She has a old fashioned hairstyle that's usually up and brown. She's about 5 foot, with some very worn beige dress pants, and a green short sleeve shirt.

Thomas Reed is a 11th grade high school student from Florida. He was a very social guy who had a girlfriend, and a lot of friends. He loved to go to parties where he would drink, and smoke, and one time he almost had sex, but all he remembered was some guy punching him and throwing him out the window. It was a 10 foot drop, and he landed on the parent's car and then the guys friends tossed him down a pretty steep hill that lead into a ravine, where there was a lot of eroded rocks. The police found him lying on the ground passed out. He went to the hospital, and his parents were sued for the car, the guys who messed him up were not found guilty until Thomas' girlfriend showed them pictures. He's been in a wheelchair, his girlfriend broke up with him, and the people he called friends left him.

Thomas was very athletic. He can maneuver his wheelchair pretty good, and made modifications that made things a lot easier. His life had been flipped over, and he's begun to think before he makes decisions, and is starting to use his intelligence instead of his usual "go with the flow" mentality. He's begun to see the lives of the "less popular" people and he's become one of them, he understands them and shows a lot of sympathy towards people that don't interact well, and can't seem to find themselves. One day he hopes to give speeches to schools about his story, to know that they're not alone, and to think before you act.

White and has dirty blonde hair, grey eyes that could be mistaken for light blue, taller then most people, muscled arms, and big strong hands. When the apocalypse hit he had to make some adjustments to his apparel, like tough material that Biters can't bite into, but he doesn't have to worry much, because his strength to move his wheelchair is faster then the biters making him a hard prey to catch. So he usually wears a long sleeve black leather jacket, and a pair of jeans, with some cut clothes that are made of tough material wrapped around his wrists, and ankles.

I hope these characters are okay. I apologize if I can't participate too much because before the thread was booming and it was hard to keep up but I'll try my best. Is it okay if I make some more characters in the future? And do you want all our characters to be in the same place, or certain places?

• edited December 2014

I have never really been a part of anything like this so, here it goes, my character.

Riley Tzatski. (Pronounced Tah-zah-key, her mother divorced her father and married an Asian man, causing Riley to change her last name.)

Age 13.

Appearance: caucasian, 4,10 feet tall (very short), long ginger hair, has braces, dark brown eyes, very petite but muscular. Wears a black tank top with a camo jacket that is cinched around the waist, (she always leaves it unzipped) with black leggings and blue converse.

Riley had been a gymnast since she was 4 years old, she played varsity basketball at school for 2 years and had been doing cheer for 3 years, she is quite the athletic person. She had just landed in Savannah for a cheer competition and was set to go to Washington for a gymnastics competition after that. During the cheer competition one of the girls there got dropped, she passed away from breaking her neck and before the ambulance got there, all hell broke loose. Riley ran out as soon as she saw a dead girl try to eat someone. Riley eventually met up with a group, there was 7 people until someone ran away due to the leader being cruel. She has been on her own ever since. She has raided many camps due to her athleticism. Riley is currently looking for a group because she has always been generous and donated to charities, therefore she wants to find a group she can help

Personality: Shy, tough, hot headed, competitive, sometimes has panic attacks in or after intense moments, animal lover, innocent and is a good leader.

Riley is a great shot, she keeps a pistol with her at all times, often uses her machete. She is incredibly fast, and can sneak up on anyone, she has the ability to do anything quietly, and has gotten herself out of many situations by being quick and quiet. She is also extremely flexible which helps her greatly since, this is the apocalypse. Her tiny body helps her to squeeze through anything, while all her muscle helps her to beat any enemy.

Fears: Clowns and spiders.

(And that's all, at least I tried right?)

• Bump

Where are all the old people? They didn't leave right? :(

• Accepted.

Ercajayme posted: »

I have never really been a part of anything like this so, here it goes, my character. Riley Tzatski. (Pronounced Tah-zah-key, her mother

• I guess they must have all left........

Bump Where are all the old people? They didn't leave right?

• And thus it is born again...

Name: Anton Kirby.

Appearance: A young man, around 6 feet in height, with short black hair and black eyes. He's of average build and not very athletic, but manages to hold his own most of the time, but not always against stronger opponents.

Biography: Anton was born into a lower class family in Arlington, Virginia, his mother died of drug overdose when he was 7, while his father was a criminal, arrested for shoplifting while he was still young, and released around the time when Anton was 10. His relationship with his father was somewhat distant, but his father still taught him things he knew, like how to steal a car, how to break a lock and use a knife, along with several other "tools", and taught him a few things about guns. His father was later killed in a shootout with the police, leaving Anton an orphan. While holding onto those skills, taught to him by his father, Anton shies away from his past and doesn't tell anyone of what he can do, unless really necessary. Being an introvert and growing in a bad neighborhood made him little friends or lasting relationships, so he doesn't always speak up and often prefers to remain silent than to speak. His inexperience with people also leaves him distrustful of them, and his life experiences have made Anton cynical, but he isn't a bad person, per se. He was brought up as a Christian, but his bad experiences caused him to lose his faith in his late teens.

Anton was traveling around the country, having no particular plans ahead of him. While going to Florida, he got stranded in downtown Atlanta, and by that time the apocalypse started.

• Still here.

Bump Where are all the old people? They didn't leave right?

• Both accepted, and yes, you can definitely make more characters later on.

Linda Arlus, 58 year old woman who once lived in New Jersey with her husband. Her husband used to abuse her, and use her for his needs, but

• Ayyy! Nice :)

Lingvort posted: »

Still here.

• edited December 2014

Don't lose hope B]

EDIT: I haven't seen Randomz in a LONG time. AWESOMEO left the forum. Glinda and CartoonMischief most likely left. I haven't seen TheWalkingSheep, ___TheBroski or ClementineCultist in a while but they're probably still here. Martin I'm not sure I think he's on the other forum.

I guess they must have all left........

• Well, they are welcome to come back, if they ever will, but we'll most likely have to rely on new people to fill in the blanks. The important bit is that Zyphon is here, since he was and still is the main writer.

Don't lose hope B] EDIT: I haven't seen Randomz in a LONG time. AWESOMEO left the forum. Glinda and CartoonMischief most likely left. I h

• Name: Felix Davis

Appearance: 6'5'', slim and muscular. Green eyes brown hair.

Biography: born to a poor family in a small town, Felix learned at an early age to use everything to his advantage and never waste. His parents were both killed in a robbery when he was only nine, afterward he went to live with his grandparents, who he never cared for. Felix was always dedicated to what he did, and always did what was best for people. Felix later went on to become a police officer in the same town he grew up in. For a few years he patrolled the streets until he got an offer from the Atlanta PD, so he moved to Georgia and continued his career in law enforcement. After a few years he was called to a home invasion and was shot three times. He was able to recover and continued to pursue his career, although his ability's were somewhat hindered he was able to cope. He never gives up and is very loyal.

• edited December 2014

Happy to see it's back! I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to participate because I have a fan fiction now.

Name: Melody Carter

Backstory and personality: Melody was a bright student who had a passion for art and recently got a scholarship to Georgia tech. Her mother recently commuted suicide and her dad and her are dealing with it. Depression runs in her family and Melody is no exception. Melody loved puzzles and is good in a tricky situation. While she is definitley not a leader she likes to have a plan and gets iritatted when people do things without thinking through the consequences. She bites her nails when nervous and is nice to those who treat her right. She's a quick learner but prone to minor panic attacks.

Appearance: dark wavy brown shoulder length hair in a small, tight bun. Light brown skin brown eyes and bi-racial, 5ft 8. Slender face and body, wears denim jeans and a black leather jacket with a white tank underneath.

Extra: Melody was with her dad checking out Georgia tech before the apocalypse.

• Welcome back! :D

TWD_25 posted: »

Happy to see it's back! I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to participate because I have a fan fiction now. Name: Melody Carter

• Thanks! :D

Welcome back!

• Name: Jim Parker.

Personality: Smart, kind, and defensive, will do what it takes to protect someone he cares about, but won't let others take the risk if he can take it himself.

Appearance: Average height, about 6'3". Somewhat skinning, but he's still muscular. Blue eyes and Blond hair, the sides of his head are savin and he has a very shout bread.

Pre-Apocalypse History: Jim lived with a family in Boston, where he worked as a accountant. He had a son named Jack and a daughter named Nicole, and his wife was named Eve, he was soon fired from his job, he choose to not tell his family, instead he told them they were going on vacation. They then went on a road trip to [Wherever you need them] There they stayed in a cabin, there cabin was almost in the middle of nowhere, barely anything around it, the only thing near was a small store about 8 miles away.

Post-Apocalypse History: As the days went by Jack got sick, he became very sick, almost overnight. They made their way to the store, but he died on the way to the store, they grieved over the loss of their son. Then, he came back to life, only to take a bite out of Nicole's neck. He quickly dealt with his son, he saw his daughter die in front of him, and killed his son (Reanimated) But Eve believed he had gone mad and killed them, she ran into the woods and Jim chased after her, he never found her. Now he lives his life in the Apocalypse, he has leaned how to deal with the undead. He is now a survivor, but he's lost most of his morals and lives with the gilt of the death of his family, he believes that there is still hope for the people who remain.

I hope i made it in, if there's anything that doesn't fit just let me know and i can update it. :)

• Cool, I think we can start soon, if anyone wants to suggest a starting place? We could start the same way the ol one did, or maybe do something a little different this time around?

• Accepted.

And thus it is born again... Name: Anton Kirby. Age: Early to mid 20's, never specified. Appearance: A young man, around 6 feet in

• Accepted.

mr.quality posted: »

Name: Felix Davis Age: 27 Appearance: 6'5'', slim and muscular. Green eyes brown hair. Biography: born to a poor family in a small

• Accepted, and welcome back! :D

TWD_25 posted: »

Happy to see it's back! I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to participate because I have a fan fiction now. Name: Melody Carter

• Accepted.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Name: Jim Parker. Age: 38. Personality: Smart, kind, and defensive, will do what it takes to protect someone he cares about, but won't

• edited December 2014

I think we should start a little before the apocalypse. You know, to get acquainted to how they used to act, there everyday lives, etc.

Cool, I think we can start soon, if anyone wants to suggest a starting place? We could start the same way the ol one did, or maybe do something a little different this time around?

• I'd say that for a revival we're ought to have a fresh start, but it's just my opinion. I'll be fine with either decision.

Cool, I think we can start soon, if anyone wants to suggest a starting place? We could start the same way the ol one did, or maybe do something a little different this time around?

• A shown of the start of the ZA of the major characters and then we shown them what happened to them (backstory)?

• edited December 2014

Name Father Jordan Monroe

Age 36

Appearance blonde short heddle hair , blue eyes , white skin , 5.5 feet tall

Personality Crazy , Maniac , Insane , Smart

Background He had an hallucination where God told him that Satan made the walkers and that he need to make the good people get out of the hell in earth , by killing them. He made God a promise to do it and he keep it , meaning that he kills the good people and that he let the "bad" one live

• Yeah, I don't think we should start from the same place.

I'd say that for a revival we're ought to have a fresh start, but it's just my opinion. I'll be fine with either decision.

• God damn, I didn't realise this was a thing!

I'm on my phone currently, I'll make a character later

also rip Ivy
    always in our hearts

• Welcome back! :D

God damn, I didn't realise this was a thing! I'm on my phone currently, I'll make a character later also rip Ivy always in our hearts

• But it seems to me, she lived her life

Like a candle in the wind...

R. I. P.

God damn, I didn't realise this was a thing! I'm on my phone currently, I'll make a character later also rip Ivy always in our hearts

• Welcome!

Also, since you were the only one who seemed to mind me possibly using adaptations of the characters form the original in the solo version, what is your stance on that. I had an idea on how to put Ivy in at, albeit, only really being similar in name, or, it would work fine without her.

• Okay, guys, here's several ideas, anyone want to vote on them?

Same exact start(or something similar, anyway. This could be fairly uninspired, though).

Everyone starts slightly before the Turn, but problems arise with this, because if someone's back story resolves pretty quick, we'll be left waiting for people with more in-depth back stories.

The group starts of fine, somewhere in Macon(or, at least Georgia), bandits or something attack, left in a similar position, but not the exact same start.

Someone else can suggest something. Really, I'm drawing blanks on ideas for how to kick this off.

Also, I'm kind of agonizing a bit over if I should carry over all my other characters.... No one else is, so........

I don't think I will, I'm probably going to introduce some original characters.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.