The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I've looked. I've also tried posting on the TF2 forums (like, last November), and that's how I learned the hard way that that place has 95% less developer interaction and 150% more trolls than this place.

A quick search turned up this (semi-indecent)image.

Also, this one, but you'll probably need to do some cropping and rotating. Or you could just print it out, and cut out the photo.
    WIP_Scout__s_Mom_Photos_Gmod_by_Ryu_Gi.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    Why are so many people imitating the Illuminati. All that one eye business...

CONSPIRACY ON THE FORUMS!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    I finally got Sam and Max: The Animated Series! I'll post a review in the Telltale forums when I'm finished.
  • edited September 2010
    I had the first three episodes (iTunes) but lost the due to my own idiocy. I loved the Bohunk Lagoon one to the point I nearly memorized it
  • edited September 2010
    Just finished the first episode. I'm impressed so far.
  • edited September 2010
    I am incredibly sick of reading/hearing people talk about a 'Guns N' Roses reunion'. There are so many reasons for the initial GN'R split, there are reasons why they haven't reformed, there are reasons why they shouldn't reform, and there are reasons why they will never reform. Anyone who has half a brain wouldn't mention a potential GN'R reunion.
  • edited September 2010
    Wondering why someone would name their band "The Fatcocks"
  • edited September 2010
    Wondering why someone would name their band "The Fatcocks"

they like obese poultry?
  • edited September 2010
    I think the dynamics between Jimmy Neutron and Cindy Vortex is cute, especially in the final episode, where
    they finally kiss

And I have yet to see the very first movie that started it all.

Also, I have made a choice between freeing up space on my 1TB external for cartoons or, well, keeping my "exotic videos". I picked cartoons, because they bring me more joy.
  • edited September 2010
    I think I'm going to hang around less on these forums. I've been having less and less reason to. Not sure if I'll leave altogether but I don't see myself coming around here every day anymore...
  • edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I think I'm going to hang around less on these forums. I've been having less and less reason to. Not sure if I'll leave altogether but I don't see myself coming around here every day anymore...

Yeah, if you're addicted or have something better to do then by all means you should cut loose. Too much of forums is bad for you and bad for your mind. I know this first, second, third handily.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey hey we're The Monkees
    and people say we monkey around
    we're to busy singing to put anybody down

Don't know why that's on my mind
  • edited September 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Hey hey we're The Monkees
    and people say we monkey around
    we're to busy singing to put anybody down

Don't know why that's on my mind

Monkey Island, maybe?
  • edited September 2010
    I too find myslef coming here less and less. In fact, if it wasn't for the sudden outburst of doctor who related news recently, I would rarely be posting. There just doesn't seem to be many new, exciting topics around. (No offense guys, but most have been overly discussed). Plus, I started college today, so i'm no longer free 24/7. Which reminds me *posts alien thread*
  • edited September 2010

Nah, that's typical. I have this kind of boredom once in a while too. You don't have to worry about it. Eventually, if something happens, this place will be interesting again. Or not.
  • edited September 2010
    Monkey Island, maybe?

no, the song has been randomly popping in and out of my head since before I even heard about Monkey Island.
  • edited September 2010
    The head, the tail, the whole damned thing!!!!

Why are there so many Illuminati here all the sudden?
  • edited September 2010
    Just remembered that I got some good news today - got a job interview set up for Tuesday. It's only for a temporary 8 week job but it would be my first job in about 3 and a half years, though to be fair 3 years of that time was spent at University.

As an aside, I've just been going through my employment history, which doesn't take long as I've only had 4 jobs in my life, lasting a total of 26 months spread across near enough 7 years which is the time I've spent outside of full time education. And I still want to do another year of University so at the moment temporary jobs will do me, if I can find them.
  • edited September 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Also, I have made a choice between freeing up space on my 1TB external for cartoons or, well, keeping my "exotic videos". I picked cartoons, because they bring me more joy.

Nobody with 1 TB of space should ever have to face that dilemma. I've got half that and have yet to choose between my eight seasons of Power Rangers, my two seasons of Heroes, and my collection of "exotic materials".
  • edited September 2010
    Woah, you guys keep videos of tigers and peacocks on your computers too?
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, that's the longest euphemism for "smut" I've ever heard.
  • edited September 2010
    Nobody with 1 TB of space should ever have to face that dilemma. I've got half that and have yet to choose between my eight seasons of Power Rangers, my two seasons of Heroes, and my collection of "exotic materials".

In my defense, though, I also store part of my music collection on FLAC on my HDD. That way I can enjoy myself some Phineas & Ferb music or Beatles anytime I want, without switching CDs.

Oh hey, Sophie Ellis-Bextor...

Remolay wrote: »
    no, the song has been randomly popping in and out of my head since before I even heard about Monkey Island.

THEN I SAW HER FACE!

NOW I'M A BELIEVER!
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, that's the longest euphemism for "smut" I've ever heard.

Hey, you guys said exotic and those were the two exotic things I could think of in two seconds.

it was complete coincidence that they coincided with pussy and cock
  • edited September 2010
    Great. Now how are we supposed to explain that to the ESRB?

*Looks into a distance, as if to look to the other side of the fourth wall*
  • edited September 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    it was complete coincidence that they coincided with pussy and cock

Wow, that one flew right over my head.
  • edited September 2010
    Holy crap! Mike Portnoy has left Dream Theater! I did not see that coming.

For those of you who know nothing of the band, this guy is their drummer, and he's a founding member of Dream Theater - he's been in the band for 20+ years now. It's strange to think that he's actually going. He's sort of the driving force behind the band (though some might call him the dictator of the band), and he's also a major contributor to their musical direction.

The band's going to continue, but it's going to be difficult for them to find a replacement to Portnoy. Because it's not only his drumming skill that needs to be replaced, it's also his musical knowledge, songwriting skills, backing vocals, and the chemistry that he has with the other band members (a chemistry that has formed, matured and been near-perfected over a 25 year period).

Oh well. There are many people who believe that Mike Portnoy is dictating the band too much and believe that he is restricting them. If that is the case, then perhaps Portnoy leaving may result in a greater amount of freedom for the band. It will be interesting to see what happens to Dream Theater from here on out, hopefully positive things will come out of this.
  • edited September 2010
    I really need to look into Dream Theater. I love Panic Attack, but it's the only song of theirs I know.

So it's the night before the convention (technically it's the penultimate night before the convention, but I'm getting up at 7 to play the Endless Setlist in Rock Band 2 with my friends before we head to the hotel, so it's the last night I have to get ready) and I'm in full panic mode. My goal is to be to bed in two hours, but I still have to finish my Sapper, finish my balaclava (which I haven't started), make a few disguise masks, clean up my shoes, and pack.
  • edited September 2010
    I really need to look into Dream Theater.

Yes. Yes, you do.
    I love Panic Attack, but it's the only song of theirs I know.

Good song, but they have better. If you wanna get into them, I'd suggest buying 'Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory' and listening to it from start-to-finish with no interruptions or intervals.
  • edited September 2010
    Blegh, I'm trying to pack, working my way through a 64 point checklist (which I'll be working my way through again on the way home, since I've had bad experiences with forgetting things, both at home and at the hotel), and I feel nauseous. And I still have to finish the Sapper, balaclava, disguise masks, and shoes.

What's sad is that I decided to do the Spy at last year's convention, which is the furthest ahead of time I've ever locked in a costume idea.
    Hayden wrote: »
    Good song, but they have better. If you wanna get into them, I'd suggest buying 'Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory' and listening to it from start-to-finish with no interruptions or intervals.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to remember to look into that.
  • edited September 2010
    Been playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

... Holy crap. Sweet Gary Cooper joining the Packers and winning the Heisman Trophy and a coupon for 30% off a turducken at MaddenMart.

Scariest game ever made. I'm calling it here and now. If that peaks anybody's interest enough to check it out, for the love of the zombie Steve McQueen, PLAY IT AT NIGHT WITH HEADPHONES. Who knows when a horror game this good will come around again? Don't kill the experience with lights and distracting noise.
  • edited September 2010
    Bioshock is creepy...
  • edited September 2010
    Totally not getting into bed by midnight, seeing as I still have to spray paint part of the Sapper before I can glue it down, and the paint has to dry for an hour before I can work with it, and midnight's in half an hour.

And yes, Bioshock is creepy. Bioshock 2 is even creepier. Holy crap, the second half of Fontaine Futuristics freaked me the hell out until I managed to get the lights on.
  • edited September 2010
    Totally not getting into bed by midnight, seeing as I still have to spray paint part of the Sapper before I can glue it down, and the paint has to dry for an hour before I can work with it, and midnight's in half an hour.

Should you really be on the forums, then?
  • edited September 2010
    a place that ive been wanting to work for forever now just posted job listings. for the job i've been wanting to get.
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Should you really be on the forums, then?

Pfft, do you think I have common sense or something?
  • edited September 2010
    Pfft, do you think I have common sense or something?

Haha! Don't worry, man - I'm the same. My amount of procrastination time would be halved if it weren't for internet forums. Somehow they just suck you in. I, so often, click onto a forum and search through some threads all the while telling myself "I should not be doing this!".
  • edited September 2010
    ahhh posting twice about the same thing, but how should I go about making sure I get this job?
  • edited September 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Been playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

... Holy crap. Sweet Gary Cooper joining the Packers and winning the Heisman Trophy and a coupon for 30% off a turducken at MaddenMart.

Scariest game ever made. I'm calling it here and now. If that peaks anybody's interest enough to check it out, for the love of the zombie Steve McQueen, PLAY IT AT NIGHT WITH HEADPHONES. Who knows when a horror game this good will come around again? Don't kill the experience with lights and distracting noise.

I'll just name off some great or at least well known horror games here. Uh...let's see.

Silent Hill
    Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 3
    Silent Hill 4 (screw haters)
    Resident Evil
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 5
    System Shock
    System Shock 2
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
    Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice
    Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
    Penumbra
    5 Days A Stranger
    6 Days A Sacrifice
    7 Days A Skeptic
    Trilby's Notes
    Lost in the Nightmare
    Prodigal
    Clock Tower SNES
    Sanitarium
    Phantasmagoria
    Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
    Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
    Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
    The 7th Guest
    The 11th Hour
    Alone in the Dark
    DOOM
    DOOM II
    DOOM III
    The House of the Dead
    The House of the Dead 2
    The House of the Dead III
    Waxworks
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Dead Space
    Missing
    Grave Spirit(scares the hell out of me)
    Banjo-Kazooie(Grunty's Castle gave me nightmares, and it's the only video game that ever has)

If it is scarier than every single one of these I will buy it right now.

EDIT: I'm asking if it is, not saying it's not.
  • edited September 2010
    I love how you left Code: Veronica off the list.
This discussion has been closed.