The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Okay I tried the demo with lights and TV off, got stuck and quit, and totally not because I got so scared I was hugging myself in a corner of my living room.

How the hell do you get away from the
    Oh Shit You're Gonna Shit Your Pants At The Invisible Unimaginable Hellish Nightmarish Horror Sploshing Through The Red Rays And Horrid Watery Dread To The Tune Of Piss Yourself Ten Thousand Times Scary Music? I thought all it took was to keep your lantern off but it doesn't seem to matter either way. I don't have any weapons, and it kills me in three hits!

(my theory is that it's real name is Vince and in another life it was a streaker, but now that it's invisible it can't fulfill its dreams and is now really pissed at anything wearing clothes, or is just pissed at clothes in general)
  • edited September 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    ahhh posting twice about the same thing, but how should I go about making sure I get this job?

Obviously I have no idea what the job is, but I was always told to put on my CV that I'm 'flexible', and to mention it at the interview as well. Can't hurt to try.:)
  • edited September 2010
    So much for sleep.
  • edited September 2010
    so much for sleep.

sleeep is not for the con goer, I hardly slept at Pax.
  • edited September 2010
    This is going to go exactly how last year went. Stay awake all night, go over to my friend's house, play Rock Band for 8 hours, go to the hotel, crash early, and sleep like a normal person for the rest of the weekend. The difference being that last year I got a tiny amount of sleep and we had to quit the setlist at the end because we couldn't beat Visions.

Did you know that if you stay awake for 24 hours, the next time you go to sleep will reset your internal clock? It's true!
  • edited September 2010
    does anyone go through phases of things they like? I become obssesed with random things I like allmost every month like wwe Monkey Island Mortal Kombat Keeping up apperences spongebob Metal Gear Solid ect I just alternate which I get obssesive about
  • edited September 2010
    does anyone go through phases of things they like? I become obssesed with random things I like allmost every month like wwe Monkey Island Mortal Kombat Keeping up apperences spongebob Metal Gear Solid ect I just alternate which I get obssesive about

Yes, I'm currently going through a stage of loving commas. I see that you're not going the same phase.

Heh, no, in all seriousness, though, I'm still going through a phase of being obsessed about Monkey Island, but this phase has lasted for about 9 years, and I'm guessing that it'll probably last for many more years. I think it's less of a phase as it is just a genuine interest.

Also, I've been going through a stage of being relatively obsessed with progressive rock and metal music.
  • edited September 2010
    Headache for the lack of sleep and the excess of coffee. Worst, the teacher who's my guide for my Tesis want a reunion the friday and I have to go to my house early that day because I have to buy stuff for my Birthday party. T_T
  • edited September 2010
    Does anyone go through phases of things they like? I become obsessed with random things I like almost every month, like WWE, Monkey Island, Mortal Kombat, Keeping up appearances, SpongeBob, Metal Gear Solid, etc. I just alternate which I get obsessive about.

I'm like that with songs. I listen to the same one over and over again for maybe a few days, then it changes.
    I've been listening to Abracadabra a lot lately, incidentally. Before was Beds are Burning and before that, Tarzan Boy. There is no saying what will be next!

I also know guys who are like that about body parts. Like they really like their girlfriend's legs, then later they obsess about her behind, or something. And it alternates, they always have a different favourite part. I think it's a way for our brains to keep interested without it becoming too boring or something?
  • edited September 2010
    I'll just name off some great or at least well known horror games here. Uh...let's see.

*gamez0rz list of longness*

If it is scarier than every single one of these I will buy it right now.

EDIT: I'm asking if it is, not saying it's not.

While naturally your mileage may vary, I would honestly go as far as to say that yes, this game is indeed scarier than anything listed. (also, agreed about Silent Hill 4... screw the haters :p)

Due to the nature of the game, I'm loathe to go into detail lest I ruin it. I went into this game completely blind to what the concept was, and I'm glad I did.

If Frictional Games keeps making stuff like this, they'll be the Valve of horror fans. Incidentally, if I'm coming off as overenthusiastic about this game, it's because Frictional is relying on the success of Amnesia to survive. With it being so obscure, I feel like the fans should be spreading the word far and wide. The horror genre (and adventure genre) NEEDS games like this.

/rant
  • edited September 2010
    Okay I tried the demo with lights and TV off, got stuck and quit, and totally not because I got so scared I was hugging myself in a corner of my living room.

How the hell do you get away from the
    Oh Shit You're Gonna Shit Your Pants At The Invisible Unimaginable Hellish Nightmarish Horror Sploshing Through The Red Rays And Horrid Watery Dread To The Tune Of Piss Yourself Ten Thousand Times Scary Music? I thought all it took was to keep your lantern off but it doesn't seem to matter either way. I don't have any weapons, and it kills me in three hits!

(my theory is that it's real name is Vince and in another life it was a streaker, but now that it's invisible it can't fulfill its dreams and is now really pissed at anything wearing clothes, or is just pissed at clothes in general)
    Try to stay out of the water as much as possible. Keep an eye on it's splashes and distance yourself from it before making a mad dash to the next box. I think you can distract it for a second by throwing an object, but I'm not positive that it wasn't just pacing in the general direction of the splash when I tried it.

Oh, and feel free to leave your lantern on there if you have plenty of oil. He'll chase you no matter what.
  • edited September 2010
    i want to go to chazzstock!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Just got an interesting letter today - summons for jury service. I've never done it before so it should be interesting although the timing could have been better as I've got an interview for a temporary job which should last about 8 weeks and I think the date for my jury service is right in the middle of that. At least I've got a bit of time before confirming my summons so I can discuss this at my interview.
  • edited September 2010
    I've seen it. So many of you are on a high ego trip. I hate to judge all of you but I've seen it too many times before and I've lost hope and now when I could be seen as another example of it I desperately try to make peace with you but know that I can't.

Wars, fighting, arguing, so many can't admit when they're wrong, so many have so much pride and ego that when some one else is struggling or makes a mistake that person becomes a ridicule, a joke. In their heads they're so disconnected from they're essence, actuality, that they think they are something special, unique to the point where when some one else has a problem they are in they're own self absorbed world and point and laugh at that person as if they have little in common and that person deserves to be treated like junk, or they just feel at peace, calm, happiness to be cruel and not give a damn because they're all in their own little worlds that revolve around them.

There's little compassion, reasoning, understanding left. There's little maturity, respect for others. Most of you assume the very very worse of some one until they can live up to some sort of double standard you hold over their lives and every breath they take.

You're all ego maniacs and go around hurting one another, like you lust after it, you don't even know you're doing it so much of the time that you're like an computer with a virus.

You think you have the right to treat others like trash, be impatient. You idolize yourselves and think everyone else is a idiot or that you are a victim or obligated to some one...you're all a bunch of superficial individuals who might not even have a clear idea of your individuality as you reject yourself in the presence of others. And disrespect the essence of the individual you often come across. You're over romanticized and full of drama.

At the expense of your drama you treat others like dirt, stress out over small problems and large problems, lead to self harming behaviors. Don't have the emotional, intellectual maturity to be patience, compassionate, rational.

Don't forget who damn important all of your time is. Far more important than mine...so treat others like garbage and act like an emotionally unbalanced child until you bring it out in your victims...

End of rant.
  • edited September 2010
    You ok mate?

Also, computers are older than bananas.
    First computer - 1833, First banana - 1836

I'm currently thinking "I really need to write that down somewhere cos it's so awesome but I'll forget it"
  • edited September 2010
    You ok mate?

Also, computers are older than bananas.
    First computer - 1833, First banana - 1836

I'm currently thinking "I really need to write that down somewhere cos it's so awesome but I'll forget it"

I'll be fine, thanks for asking.

There's one thing I want you to know, hope for you to know, it's that you got to choose your friends carefully. This world is full of people who don't have the heart, courage, bravery and valor to be your true friend. It takes far more character than most people will know in a life time.
  • edited September 2010
    The thing on my mind is

why is everyone banning me for
  • edited September 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    End of rant.

I really hate to say it, but most often than not when one says such statements, it usually comes back to hit them in the face. For example, in such rant, who is the guiding moral authority? I mean, I suppose if you realize the hypocrisy here, then fine, but I'm just saying.

"You think you have the right to treat others like trash, be impatient. You idolize yourselves and think everyone else is a idiot or that you are a victim or obligated to some one...you're all a bunch of superficial individuals who might not even have a clear idea of your individuality as you reject yourself in the presence of others." <especially this part.

you hurt by someone? wanna talk about it?
  • edited September 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I really hate to say it, but most often than not when one says such statements, it usually comes back to hit them in the face. For example, in such rant, who is the guiding moral authority? I mean, I suppose if you realize the hypocrisy here, then fine, but I'm just saying.

"You think you have the right to treat others like trash, be impatient. You idolize yourselves and think everyone else is a idiot or that you are a victim or obligated to some one...you're all a bunch of superficial individuals who might not even have a clear idea of your individuality as you reject yourself in the presence of others." <especially this part.

you hurt by someone? wanna talk about it?

Well, you're right. Sound reasoning. I'll PM you later, you're mature enough. I'll try to keep it short. I got to go off to work.

Thanks for asking.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm very happy ^_^

Also, sorry you're feeling bad doodo. I hope you can find a way to feel better, whatever the problem is.
  • edited September 2010
    LOL, before I go, this wasn't directed towards the forums. This was just a life in general out burst. Ok, got to get to work, no time to explain now.

Thanks.
  • edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I'm very happy ^_^

Good to hear! Any particular reason? Or just happy in general? I'm quite happy, but there is no reason for it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible without surrender
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even the dull and the ignorant;
    they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
    they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others,
    you may become vain and bitter;
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
    Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
    it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
    Exercise caution in your business affairs;
    for the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals;
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
    Especially, do not feign affection.
    Neither be cynical about love;
    for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
    it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
    gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline,
    be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be,
    and whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    it is still a beautiful world.
    Be cheerful.
    Strive to be happy.
  • edited September 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Good to hear! Any particular reason? Or just happy in general? I'm quite happy, but there is no reason for it.

I'm happy because the people I love exist :)
  • edited September 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    no, the song has been randomly popping in and out of my head since before I even heard about Monkey Island.

Maybe you're psychic.
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, I'm currently going through a stage of loving commas. I see that you're not going the same phase.

I should get in that phase then I can join you in the acting superior to people who don't phase.
  • edited September 2010
    It's difficult mock up webpages when you have no idea what to do.

Edit: And I totally forgot the Winamp! ^^!
  • edited September 2010
    I just played my best game of TF2 ever. That is all
  • edited September 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I just played my best game of TF2 ever. That is all

Let me guess. It was...
    Picard_full_of_win.jpg
    Right?
  • edited September 2010
    oh yes, there was only one fail and that was durring sawmill CTF
  • edited September 2010
    I have an enormous bag of animal cookies which I am ridiculously excited about. Whooohooo! :D
  • edited September 2010
    I got to go change my shirt! Im shirtless!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    What isn't peanut butter?

Pea-not butter
  • edited September 2010
    I'm starving!!
  • edited September 2010
    I'm annoyed at IGN. They gave a very awesome PS3 game (TerRover, which I recently bought) a 5.5 out of 10. It deserves much better than that. Well, the comments do seem to be evenly divided(half like the game, half don't), but I still think that the game needs to have a "Second Opinion" or something. If you own a PS3, go try the demo and see if you agree with IGN or not.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm annoyed at IGN. They gave a very awesome PS3 game (TerRover, which I recently bought) a 5.5 out of 10. It deserves much better than that. Well, the comments do seem to be evenly divided(half like the game, half don't), but I still think that the game needs to have a "Second Opinion" or something. If you own a PS3, go try the demo and see if you agree with IGN or not.

People are becoming more and more critical. Don't ask me why but we've been turned against ourselves. The animal in all of us is becoming less and less untamed and more wild.
  • edited September 2010
    What isn't peanut butter?

Pea-not butter

cos that would imply its urine not butter.
  • edited September 2010
    I should get in that phase then I can join you in the acting superior to people who don't phase.

Sorry, I didn't mean what I said to come across the way it did. I wasn't intending on coming across as trying to act superior. I was intending a degree of whimsicality to go with that post, rather than just pure stuck-up-om-my-high-horse-edness. Perhaps I should have added one of these ':D' in order to avoid misinterpretation. Sorry if I offended or came across as an ass.
    I'm starving!!

Hello starving, I'm Hayden.
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't mean what I said to come across the way it did. I wasn't intending on coming across as trying to act superior. I was intending a degree of whimsicality to go with that post, rather than just pure stuck-up-om-my-high-horse-edness. Perhaps I should have added one of these ':D' in order to avoid misinterpretation. Sorry if I offended or came across as an ass.

I was having an annoying day and snapped lol I'm sorry to. ^^
  • edited September 2010
    Just realized I got an assignment 3 weeks ago and haven't started...
This discussion has been closed.