The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Tears of joy.

I don't think it was that. It was more
    "end of an era" and a final farewell. The toys were in a better place, but Andy had given away some of the key momento's of his childhood, showing he had grownup. It just struck a chord with me, given we are the same age (ish), I had the same toys (i was a huge TS fan growing up), and I was (and still am), feeling very remorseful about growing up. I miss being a child.
  • edited November 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I don't think it was that. It was more
    "end of an era" and a final farewell. The toys were in a better place, but Andy had given away some of the key momento's of his childhood, showing he had grownup. It just struck a chord with me, given we are the same age (ish), I had the same toys (i was a huge TS fan growing up), and I was (and still am), feeling very remorseful about growing up. I miss being a child.

now I wana cry!
  • edited November 2010
    It belongs in a museum!

On a side note, you're all surprisingly human. I cry during corny, stupid stuff too.
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    On a side note, you're all surprisingly human.

yh...human...;)
  • edited November 2010
    Prop 19 failed. I guess hoping Georgia would get a similar proposition was a long shot, but there was hope dammit! Too many conservatives voted.

Aw, man! That sucks. By the way, I heard Jerry Brown got re-elected. Well, time to play this!
    I cried during Toy Story 3. True story.

You're not the only one, dude.
  • edited November 2010
    Just thinking about Toy Story 3 makes me remember all my poor toys that I haven't played with in years. After watching the movie the first time, I spent a few hours trying to find my enormous collection of plastic dinosaurs...but they were nowhere to be found. T_T
  • edited November 2010
    IF you buy something on ebay and then change your mind, you're safe right? Just don't pay and take the negative feed back, right?
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    IF you buy something on ebay and then change your mind, you're safe right? Just don't pay and take the negative feed back, right?

Take it up with the seller and don't do it again.
  • edited November 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Take it up with the seller and don't do it again.

I already did. It's canceled.
  • edited November 2010
    Woo, coming into the conversation hours late!

I'm a huge Pixar fan, and for one reason or another, I haven't gotten to see one of their films in theaters since...uh...wow. I might have seen The Incredeibles? The last one I know for certain I saw was Toy Story 2. So after missing out yet again on Toy Story 3, I'm forced to wait until I have a chance to pick up the DVD.

As for old toys, holy crap, where do I start? I have all of my old Power Rangers toys in a giant box, and I have several huge boxes full of Bionicle sets. My GI Joes, on the other hand...I never really liked those and am about to get rid of them all.

And I still have my Buzz Lightyear. I never had a Woody, though.
  • edited November 2010
    You haven't watched Toy Story 3? Man I really hope you haven't been spoilered.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I know pretty much nothing about it. That's sort of unusual, actually, I pretty much always manage to get spoiled.
  • edited November 2010
    I haven't seen it either. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually? I dunno. I have a low tolerance for saccharine bullshit, so maybe I'll pass.
  • edited November 2010
    I won't be seeing it. I don't like Toy Story. The characters never appealed to me much.
  • edited November 2010
    I think I've been reading your username wrong, or rather with the wrong definition of "dashing" in mind.
    Wiktionary wrote:
    dash

Verb

6. To ruin; to destroy.

Her hopes were dashed when she saw the damage.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not interested in it, I didn't like Toy Story 2 at all so I'm not really feeling the urge to see 3 (I really liked the first one though).
    I know nothing about the story, except that it made people cried, but it's nothing unusual as far as I'm concerned, I cry in half the cartoon movies I watch. Although rarely when other people do.
    For instance in The Lion King I cried
    when Simba's dad appears in the sky
    , and in Land Before Time I cried
    when the other kids leave the triceratops one by one and she ends up all alone and cold
    Note that in either movie I couldn't have cared less when
    the parent died
    , which is the part most people cried for, as I understand.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd throw the usual "you guys have no soul", but eh, that's overused, so, whatever.

Anyways, yeah...I think I'll stay in the animation side of the career instead of the programing one...
  • edited November 2010
    Explain your post.
  • edited November 2010
    My career teaches programming and animation, I'm just saying I'm prefering not programming right now >__>
  • edited November 2010
    I cried during Toy Story 3. True story.
    Friar wrote: »
    Which bit? I nearly cried at the bit with the
    incinerator
    , but the ending finished me off.

I cried as well. The bit that really had me going was when
    the baby doll was looking at his little girl through the window and the bear pulled him away...'mama!'
    Just thinking about it is making me feel teary...
  • edited November 2010
    Yes, 'James Bond: Blood Stone' is third-person! My one problem with these games; the one reason why I haven't bought them in the past, has been fixed! I think I'll actually purchase this game when it's put on special :).
  • edited November 2010
    Ugh. Normally, you buy Halloween candy based on what you want to have as leftovers. My family usually buys some kind of chocolate and some kind of Wonka candy. This year is no exception. The problem this year is that the chocolate bag was much smaller than it looked, and it had a very uneven mix inside.

Why's that a problem? Because the Wonka mix turned out to be mostly Laffy Taffy, which I can only eat so much of, and the chocolate mix turned out to not only have a very light mix of Almond Joy and Reese's cups in it, but it had only five Heath bars in it, so I'm stuck with a bag of almost nothing but Whoppers.

I knew I should've bought something with Kit-Kats in it...

Also, teenage trick-or-treaters are creepy. Yes, it may have been awesome that they thought my pineapple lantern was awesome, but it didn't make it feel any less awkward to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters with boobs.
  • edited November 2010
    Teenage trick-or-treaters are also more likely to threaten you or mug you for your candy, rather than ask.
  • edited November 2010
    They do it because they know that people may feel uncomfortable about them, but they won't refuse them. When the first bunch of them came here, I gave them candy, and I shut the porch lights off behind them.
  • edited November 2010
    I am bitter and tired this morning, yay!
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »

Good music is usually a sufficient remedy for the first problem, a hot shower works for the second.

Edit: Actually, a hot shower is pretty much a good cure for both of those. And music is too, depending on how up-beat and fast it is :).
  • edited November 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, 'James Bond: Blood Stone' is third-person! My one problem with these games; the one reason why I haven't bought them in the past, has been fixed! I think I'll actually purchase this game when it's put on special :).

Speaking of, I fail to see the logic in their releasing two entirely separate Bond games on the same day.
  • edited November 2010

I use pills for that
  • edited November 2010
    Brr, I'm fine with cold, but I hate cold AND wind x___x
    Speaking of, I fail to see the logic in their releasing two entirely separate Bond games on the same day.

Aren't they both on completely different consoles?
  • edited November 2010
    I haven't seen it either. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually? I dunno. I have a low tolerance for saccharine bullshit, so maybe I'll pass.

It's Toy Story, if you liked the first ones, hated them, whatever...

The point is you should know what to expect going into it. :p
  • edited November 2010
    Survived Old English. Working on reading for intro to art history and then intend to finish next weeks Old English translations with a Pirates of Vojou Island playthrough as background noise.
  • edited November 2010
    I was woken by my ex of an hour, and broken up with. This wouldn't have been so bad, if I didn't have a migraine last night...yep, pretty crappy end of the week.
  • edited November 2010

Toy Story 3 is excellent. If you liked TS1 and TS2 it's like that, although with more of that 'pull at your heartstrings' stuff that Pixar's been doing lately.
  • edited November 2010
    Toy Story 3 is excellent. If you liked TS1 and TS2 it's like that, although with more of that 'pull at your heartstrings' stuff that Pixar's been doing lately.

Also it feels like it's more geared towards the first generation of fans, who originally saw it in theaters.
  • edited November 2010
    Also it feels like it's more geared towards the first generation of fans, who originally saw it in theaters.

Exactly! Almost like a fond farewell, perhaps with a re-intro to the characters a few years from now. Actually, I don't know about that.

In other news, I can't effing wait to get home tonight and play some Dance Central!
  • edited November 2010
    Exactly! Almost like a fond farewell, perhaps with a re-intro to the characters a few years from now. Actually, I don't know about that.

I hope not. A perfect trilogy is such a rare thing in film, and I think any further Toy Story sequels would just be milking it. Of course, if anybody could pull it off, it'd be Pixar, but the pessimist in me says that they're long overdue for a flop.
  • edited November 2010
    My stance on Pixar is that I really loved the first sections of both Up and Wall-E(the
    childhood through death
    and Wall-E's first little stint on earth), but I just didn't care for things like the animal sidekicks or most of the kid's stuff in Up or basically anything post-Earth in Wall-E. I've been finding a lot of their stuff has this sort of insincerely sweet veneer about it all. It's always well-produced, it always has excellent animation and camerawork and they're just about the only company that seems to know how to make a CGI film without making the end result look dead and wax-y, but their approach to storytelling feels like it goes into that insincere, cartoony "niceness". The heartstring-pulling stuff, especially that opening segment of Up, is just about the only thing I've seen that's of real artistic value from them(the craftmanship itself notwithstanding). The rest of their film line-up though comes off to me as a well-written fart joke, at the core it's still just a fart gag which is sad because the fact that the craftsman could do better shines through his work.

But sure. I have a lot of films to watch, but I could give it a shot.
  • edited November 2010
    You know all those people who hate Justin Bieber? IM one of them
  • edited November 2010
    My only exposure to Justin Bieber has been through people that hate him and one appearance on a morning show that just happened to be on rather than it being something that I actively watch.
This discussion has been closed.