Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited August 2011
    If the November date fits then that's a horrible month for them to release it, I mean many big games will be released that month UNCHARTED 3, SKYRIM, MW3 to name a few.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, you forgot Halo: CE Anniversary, LoZ: Skyward Sword, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Granted two of those are just redone versions of something that's already out, but that's not gonna stop me from playing them. A LOT.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, IGN who broke the release date story emphasizes that telltale is "targeting" this release date, and given their track record with JP's release dates I am almost 100% sure this won't be the day. It would be the same day as some heavy hitters as well as a mere few days after Skyrim, they really need to push it back (or move it forward, but lets be honest: what are the chances of that).
  • edited August 2011
    Just hope I've already finished Uncharted 3..
  • edited August 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Just hope I've already finished Uncharted 3..

Yeah I started Uncharted 2 on crushing difficulty and will do the same on Uncharted 3 so it will probably take some time :)
  • edited August 2011
    Elogotar wrote: »
    Yeah, you forgot Halo: CE Anniversary, LoZ: Skyward Sword, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Granted two of those are just redone versions of something that's already out, but that's not gonna stop me from playing them. A LOT.

MGS HD how could I forget anyway it will be a busy month indeed
  • edited August 2011
    i am not sure what the release date is for telltale but the xbox version comes out november 15 in gamestop
  • edited August 2011
    november 15 in gamestop xbox version other systems no idea
  • edited August 2011
    Rexz24 wrote: »
    november 15 in gamestop xbox version other systems no idea

According to TellTale, the game is coming out at the same time for all platforms. So if November 15th is the release date thats when everyone who wants the game will get it
  • edited August 2011
    Also this has been said before, but everybody seems to be forgetting. Telltale determines the release date, not GameStop or any other source. November 15 may be very likely, but until Telltale says so, I wouldn't believe it 100%.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Also this has been said before, but everybody seems to be forgetting. Telltale determines the release date, not GameStop or any other source. November 15 is just a wild guess on GameStop's side, but until Telltale says so, there simply is_no_release_date.

Fixed that for you. ;) Thanks for reminding everyone - every eagerly awaited Telltale game had its fake release dates thrown in by retailers, and it's no surprise that the fans keep believing whatever information they can get. But it doesn't work that way at TTG. Look forward to getting a proper release date in, say, October... or even later...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Look forward to getting a proper release date in, say, October... or even later...

At the end of IGN's Jurassic Park action montage, there's a release date of November 15. I'm assuming that video was put together by Telltale and therefore the release date is legit. Would be good to see it announced on the blog to confirm though.
  • edited August 2011
    November 15th hmm? batman Arkham city is supposed to come out on october 18th. I guess that gives me a solid month to finish the massive 60 hr Arkham city before JP finally hits. thats perfect. I'll be nice and distracted.
  • edited August 2011
    the action montage can also be watched on telltale's jurassic park webpage and it also states november 15 at the end.
  • edited August 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    November 15th hmm? batman Arkham city is supposed to come out on october 18th. I guess that gives me a solid month to finish the massive 60 hr Arkham city before JP finally hits. thats perfect. I'll be nice and distracted.

And it gives me just 5 days...well, more like a week to 10 days because of shipping...to beat Jurassic Park before Zelda: Skyward Sword absorbs my life.
  • edited August 2011
    Ya they should wait on the release date, because they need to work on what people would like or want in the game. As a big Jp fan I would want to explore the island and see what pops up. Maybe running away carnivores or observing herbivores. They need a better control system because only tapping buttons gonna hurt the game rating and if they go with the croud then the game should rate with Uncharted 3, Gears 3, and games that have good ratings already going for them. Just saying as a fellow Jp fan.
  • edited August 2011
    One game: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - November 15th 2011.
  • edited August 2011
    Arkham in the middle of October;
    Ratchet end of October;
    JP/Uncharted middle of November.

@#$%! Who needs Christmas? Best time of the year, baby.
  • edited September 2011
    So now that we know a the release date, when can we pre-order?
  • edited September 2011
    Umm, so this game is slated for a November 15 Release...if this is so, say goodbye for financial success!

On the same day, there are a large number of big budget games coming out.

Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
    The Elder Scrolls V : Skrim on the 11th
    Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword on the 20th

Gonna be hard for this game to rack up sales against those games.

TELLTALE, PUSH THE RELEASE DATE BACK AFTER CHRISTMAS OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 15!!!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Another way to look at this is that there will be a lot of people in game stores in mid-November. JP will seem like a bargain to anyone already spending $50-60 for one of those games you listed. Even if they don't buy it that day, they might notice it and put it on their mental list or holiday gift list, especially if there's promotional material around the store.

I don't think it's at all clear that this is a bad strategy on Telltale's part, and pushing it until after Christmas makes no sense at all.
  • edited September 2011
    maybe they should release a launch trailer or tv spot and have it run about a month prior to the release. That oughta get people to notice. Or maybe a special deal for ipad and iphone users?
  • edited September 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    maybe they should release a launch trailer or tv spot and have it run about a month prior to the release. That oughta get people to notice.

Yessss...
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Another way to look at this is that there will be a lot of people in game stores in mid-November. JP will seem like a bargain to anyone already spending $50-60 for one of those games you listed. Even if they don't buy it that day, they might notice it and put it on their mental list or holiday gift list, especially if there's promotional material around the store.

And Yes!
  • edited September 2011
    hell they can even use the montage trailer to run as a tv spot. I'm not picky.
  • edited September 2011
    It's true, Jurassic Park is up against some heavy hitters that month. It's the MGS collection coming out that month as well?

Either way, Jurassic Park is the more affordable choice. Still, my wallet is taking a big hit in the coming months. lol
  • edited September 2011
    jpsandhu wrote: »
    Umm, so this game is slated for a November 15 Release...if this is so, say goodbye for financial success!

On the same day, there are a large number of big budget games coming out.

Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
    The Elder Scrolls V : Skrim on the 11th
    Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword on the 20th

Gonna be hard for this game to rack up sales against those games.

TELLTALE, PUSH THE RELEASE DATE BACK AFTER CHRISTMAS OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 15!!!!!!

lol! I don't give a f*beep* for any of those games! I want my Jurassic Park!
  • edited September 2011
    I already have Skyward Sword pre-ordered, and I'll be getting JP on my PC using my free game code...that way I can at least PLAY it...November's a heavy month for me unless one of the two bits of nerd merch I have pre-ordered gets pushed back...
  • edited September 2011
    But Telltale is releasing the game in seasons as usual. I think many players (perhaps non-fans?) will buy the game later, when they’ve tried a demo or watched more videos etc
    ISo I guess the big-releases won’t be an issue…

I’ll buy many games which will be released in the fall, real gamers do support! ;)
  • edited September 2011
    With the possible exception of Skyward Sword, none of those competing games are Day 1 purchases for me. I tend to wait until new games drop down to the $20-$30 range, and the reviews are in, and often I finally buy them on Steam for the PC when they are on sale (waited almost two years to play Batman: Arkham Asylum, paid $7.50 for the GOTY edition, and can't say I am enjoying it any less than I would have in 2009.)

Jurassic Park - November 15th is the only date that's really on my radar right now. Maybe Hector Episode 3 on September 22 if I can get through eps 1 and 2 by then.
    edited September 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    But Telltale is releasing the game in seasons as usual.

They're actually releasing all 4 episodes in the game simultaneously, on all platforms (PC/Mac/Xbox/PSN).
  • edited September 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    They're actually releasing all 4 episodes in the game simultaneously, on all platforms (PC/Mac/Xbox/PSN).

huh? do you mean, the are actually releasing the "whole" game? (just checking, I’m not an English native speaker)

Nevertheless, for me that would be awesome, but it would probably be an problem for the release indeed
  • edited September 2011
    huh? do you mean, the are actually releasing the "whole" game? (just checking, I’m not an English native speaker)

Nevertheless, for me that would be awesome, but it would probably be an problem for the release indeed

That's what he said, but if it's true, this is the first I'm hearing about it. As far as I knew, the game would still be released episodically on PS3 and PC. Although, I don't think Telltale has said anything either way. The only thing that's been confirmed is that JPtG will get a disk release on X-Box 360 (as far as I know).
  • edited September 2011
    That's what he said, but if it's true, this is the first I'm hearing about it. As far as I knew, the game would still be released episodically on PS3 and PC. Although, I don't think Telltale has said anything either way. The only thing that's been confirmed is that JPtG will get a disk release on X-Box 360 (as far as I know).

Thanks for the confirm
    edited September 2011

Yep, the whole game, all at once. It's still made up of separate episodes, but ALL the episodes are available when the game comes out (instead of having to wait a month in between each one).

The "everything at once" info comes from Telltale man Alan Johnson himself:
    That's correct guys, all four episodes will launch simultaneously across all platforms as to equalize the release schedule since a retail release at this point would require the entire game to be on the disc. That said, we are absolutely committed to the episodic release model and future Telltale releases will be getting the trademark episodic treatment.
  • edited October 2011
    so far the promotion has on psn if you purchase 1-year playstation plus wins JP the game.
  • edited November 2011
    so when is the actual release date for the game? i pre-ordered it and its says to put in my uesr name and password but no dowload link for the pc version so take it its not out yet??
  • edited November 2011
    I'm aware the game releases on November 15th on the US PSN Store etc. I'm just curious as to the price for all 4 episodes. I live in the UK you see, and will be purchasing an American psn card off of eBay to get the game from the US store.

Cheers :-)
  • edited November 2011
    I'm aware the game releases on November 15th on the US PSN Store etc. I'm just curious as to the price for all 4 episodes. I live in the UK you see, and will be purchasing an American psn card off of eBay to get the game from the US store.

Cheers :-)

They have said they are trying to get it released on the UK PSN store the same day as the US so don't go buying a US PSN card just yet.
  • edited November 2011
    you know the value of jurassic park: the game for PSN ?
  • edited November 2011
    How much will the game cost in PSN USA?

Maybe I'm gonna buy there that I'm not waiting for its release on Europe.
This discussion has been closed.